Stenhousemuir -V- I.C.T.

Scotty

We're through at the end of the day. A game from hampden. Lets look on from this and see the possibilities. From the stats it sounds like we were a cut above just couldn't get that elusive winner. In guessing their keeper had a great game like they always seem to do In These games.

Anywho what's the odds on us drawing Celtic the next round. :lol:

regan "caley and Celtic are through to the quarters"

Doncaster "get the weighted balls ooooooot!"

In fact, after 120 minutes and 7 penalties, the decisive moment came when Esson made his first save of the entire night. We might not have been great, but there was only ever one team going to win this.

We made a reasonably bright start, but the goal came out of nothing. Defelcted forward ball took a nice bounce, Mackay ran on to it and nodded it over the advancing keeper. The equalising penalty came out of nowhere, with Raven seeming to make a needless and clumsy foul. He has his critics, but I would add that otherwise he played well defensively and made a couple of superb interventions.

The second half and extra time just fizzled out, we huffed and puffed but did little in the final 3rd. A Shinnie was the only creative source but nothing was coming off for him. Stenny had several long range efforts going high and wide, and one good chance going into the side netting. We created little until the final moments of the 90, with a Foran bullet header well saved and a Raven effort being blocked. We then dominated ET against tired opponents. I thought the sub Roberts looked much more of a handful than Mackay, and I'd like to him get more opportunities. He surely will.

Onto penalties, and a bad start when captain marvel stepped up first and cracked his off the inside of the post, but that was to be our only miss. G Shinnie, Morrison, Doran, A Shinnie, Draper and Roberts all put them away, with Morrison's the only one that could be described as unstoppable.

It has to be added that the conditions tonight were atrocious - strong wind and driving rain. And without making excuses, the home side clearly had the measure of the plastic pitch. There were so many frustrating moments when ICT moves broke down because an easy pass whizzed out for a throw on the fast surface.

But hey, it was never in doubt.

Edited by Yngwie
  • Agree 2