ICT -V- Dundee Utd

Scotty

That was about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on.

To be honest, I thought that Utd were the better team in the first half an hour, but after we took the lead they absolutely collapsed and we played them off the park.

There were some quality goals there too. Foran's first was a glorious finish, curled first-time into the top corner. His second was a smashing header as well, set up by a quality cross from Roberts. There was an element of Keystone Cops about the third, from Andy Shinnie, but for me the fourth was the best of the lot. All Roberts' strike needed was Alan Partridge screaming "He must have a foot like a traction engine!" It nearly took the net off.

An excellent performance from back to front. Foran led the line brilliantly and Doran, Roberts and Shinnie were all excellent. Roberts, like David Davis last year, has a technique and skill level far ahead of anyone else; once he gets fully fit (he looked knackered even at half time) then we might see some fireworks! Draper was superb again. Morrison has an element of Russell Duncan about him - he doesn't seem to do much but we look more solid with him in front of the defence. The back four dealt with Daly and Russell well. I'm not sure Meekings put a foot wrong all day. Given the criticism that has come his way this season, Raven's good performance deserves mention too.

I assume Esson was injured in the warmup? Reguero is a bit unorthodox but he made some decent saves and his distribution was great.

Aside from another useless referee, no complaints from me at all. It's a long time since I've enjoyed a ICT game this much. Bring on the County!

• Agree 2

I was there :thumbup:

Good Points -

• Foran was excellent. Scored two great goals and set up too others. Can't ask for much more than that!
  • Reguero was impressive. He seems a bit more eccentric, but I like him!
  • Doran (who has excellent), Andrew Shinnie and Raven were all much improved.
  • Both centre backs looked solid.
  • Philip Roberts played very well and scored a fantastic goal. Crazy hair mind!
  • Some excellent passages of play, with ICT being miles better keeping the ball on deck.

Negative Points -

NONE!

All in all, a great performance, albeit though against perhaps the poorest Dundee United side I've ever seen. No chance of going down if ICT can continue with performances like that.

Bring on the County!

• Agree 1

Absolute gash, shoulda scored 5...Butcher out!!! :wink:

Now in all seriousness that is the best performance i have seen from an ICT side in years. 3 out of the 4 goals were crackers (the other just being hilarious).

Flow of play was good too. I knew Dundee Utd werent playing well but the quality of opposition could not be forgotten but for all the big names they had they showed next to nothing what they were capable of. At 2-0 it was a big test but we never looked like losing our way.

Foran played his best game in years. 2 fantastic goals and a great assist for the 4th goal. Has really got back to his best. Doran should have scored but worked his socks off and still gave a credible display. Andy Shinnie was brilliant in the 2nd half and was in the right place for the 3rd goal. Defence looked solid enough after a shaky start and rarely looked troubled.

Phillip Roberts deserves a special mention. Got thrown in at the deep end with a start against one of the "better" teams in the league but he showed signs of being a quality player. He has pace, skill and a proper work rate and his goal was world class. Has immense potential. Reguero as well. A bit off the wall as a goalkeeper but he made a coupld of good saves and showed good handling.

So pleased for the lads to pick up their first win of the season. Much deserved and been a long time in coming. Bring on the County next week!!

• Agree 2

Excellent - up to 9th and surprise surprise the top scoring team in the SPL with 15 goals - ok we have conceded 16 but a clean sheet today is hopefully the first of many more to come.... :ictscarf:

Bring on County next week....there is also the added bonus that another win would put us into the top 6 next Friday night.... :ponder:

What a beautiful blend of players to create a quality team.

Excellent teamwork and a big well done.

Only gripe is that the scoreline flattered United a bit and we should have scored more but well done all the same.

Those 11 players have to start against County.

Really looking forward to playing the Cheiftan select on Friday night

Wow.

Congratulations to all of the team - AND to Terry and MO.

Looking forward tothe highlights.

Reguero ...eccentric? Off the Wall etc? That's great --it's showbusiness pals. Monty Python's Flying Circus was full of eccentrics and bizarre statements and actions but was also very clever and hilarious entertainment.

And remember Caley once had a keeper who sat on top of the goal crossbar! And he's a hot passionate Spaniard --sounds like a terrific acquisition to me... :crazy::ictscarf::cheer01:

Well, that result has fair cheered me up, after watching Europe's golfers fall further behind the Yanks in the Ryder Cup this pm.

Sets everything up nicely for the first derby with County on Friday.

I feel we'll go into that match with so much more confidence now, having our first win under our belt.

Well done lads. Same again Friday please.

Fantastic all round performance. Two goals, Forans first and Roberts must be contenders for goal of the season. On todays showing the defence has got its act together, and if we can keep up this fast, attacking goal scoring style of play the fans will return. And all this today achieved against 12 men. The only thing the ref didnt do was wear an orange shirt.

Great performance, couldnt really pick a weak link in the team. Goals well worked and finishing was first class especially Richie Foran.

Glad to see Morrison getting a go, nowt fancy but does a good job in front of back 4.

Thought there was numerous candidates for MOM, but suppose Richie for his 2 goals was worthy winner.

Much more looking forward to Friday

Can safely say that was the first home game I've found thoroughly entertaining in the last few years, a real transformation and it sets us up nicely for friday night

Huge performance from Foran, take a bow son although I can't think of any home player who can be criticised the night as it was an all round solid team performance

Have to say if I was a United fan though I'd be pretty worried tonight as something really seems to have gone wrong at Tannadice as they look a shadow of the team that they were the last season or two

Finally don't really want to put a downer on things but what about the attendance today a total embarrassment to be honest and it's very worrying how many punters are now staying away

Anyway roll on Friday night its going to be a cracker

Dougal

Think I can reasonasbly take credit for today's fine performance. Had lots to do and therefore didn't manage to make it. :cry:

Why do they play better when I'm not there? I'll be at the County game so blame me if it all goes pear shaped on Friday.

With County suddenly realising that footy is more fun if goals are scored, it could be a good game on Friday.

I agree with Dougal that the crowd was disappointing but with the quality of football which was apparently on display today the crowds will soon return. Expect an upseurge in ticket sales for Friday's game.

My first home game of the season. And what a cracker. Stars were Foran, Doran, Shinnie and my man of the match, Roberts. Not forgetting our Spanish goalkeeper. And unlike last season, we played like a team, all of whom deserve kudos for the performance.

If I had to be critical, I'd like to have seen us pushing forward a bit more and we could have brought on the subs earlier; especially for Foran, who had clearly hurt his back. But still one of the best performance I have seen. Bring on the County!

Wow didn't see that coming!!! Been a long time since I enjoyed an ICT match as much :notworthy:

Pretty even first half hour and tbh united should've scored at least one but after we took the lead we dominated. Impressive performances from all in ICT shirts. Particularly Dorran, Foran, and Roberts who were simply outstanding ! Looking forward to seeing the goals again....just as well the net was there to stop Roberts' strike otherwise the ball would probably be half way to the north pole by now and still travelling ! :ohmy:

Roll on Friday !

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Bring on the highlights, first time i have really enjoyed listening to OAM they were actually takting note of what was happening at T Stadium in a positive sense, not a patronising or sarcastic comment from any of them about us.

Could I have been right in thinking that Reguero was a steadying influence on the defence ? Did he take command ? did he give the midfield and front men confidence enough to go forward and make things happen?

Someone mentioned his distribution was good. Did he cut out corners and move positively in the box as well?. Answers please' I would welcome your comments. It's hard not being able to go to the games to see for yourself where the team could be falling down and you suspect you know why.

Dont get me wrong Esson is an excellent stopper but sometimes a defence needs that little bit more from a keeper. Something gelled today in a way that bodes well for the rest of the season. What was it????