Tannoy music for Friday

old caley girl

ACDC - biggest balls

Bowie - scary monsters

Various - the wheels on the bus, ( sung with vigour and replacement words )

New model army - better than them

New model army - christian militia

New model army - whites of their eyes

Next to the emphatic 3-1 beating of our feeder team tonight, the highlight of the evening for me was the playing of Cher's classic "Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves" over the tannoy. Magic. The soap-dodging caravan dwellers can't say we didn't make an effort to welcome them to Inverness!! :smile: And, of course, the evening was nicely rounded off by the playing of "Happy Days". Well done to that DJ :clapoverhead:

• Agree 1

Next to the emphatic 3-1 beating of our feeder team tonight, the highlight of the evening for me was the playing of Cher's classic "Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves" over the tannoy. Magic. The soap-dodging caravan dwellers can't say we didn't make an effort to welcome them to Inverness!! :smile: And, of course, the evening was nicely rounded off by the playing of "Happy Days". Well done to that DJ :clapoverhead:

They're not seething about Cher's song. Taken from Over the Bridge-

" no class from Caley but the choice of that Cher song on the PA was particularly crass and in other parts of the world could be construed as highly offensive and provocative."

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Pleasing. :twothumbsup:

• Agree 1

One thing did annoy me about the music. We invited a military pipe band to come play for us. I love pipe bands. Sadly I couldnt hear this one for the stadium music. The stadium announcer introduced the band then cranked up his own music over them. To me that was just plain ignorant. If you realise they are playing and you introduce them then have the decency to let us hear them.

• Agree 4

One thing did annoy me about the music. We invited a military pipe band to come play for us. I love pipe bands. Sadly I couldnt hear this one for the stadium music. The stadium announcer introduced the band then cranked up his own music over them. To me that was just plain ignorant. If you realise they are playing and you introduce them then have the decency to let us hear them.

Yes I agree Alex and I did mention this to those around me.

You guys are unbelievable, no wonder the stadium is the dullest place in scotland on a saturday afternoon when people like you complain about minor things like this. I for one found it amusing and enjoyable. We should want to make our rivals uncomfortable in our back yard!! If you enjoy pipebands so much go to the highland games not a football game - tool

• Agree 1

You guys are unbelievable, no wonder the stadium is the dullest place in scotland on a saturday afternoon when people like you complain about minor things like this. I for one found it amusing and enjoyable. We should want to make our rivals uncomfortable in our back yard!! If you enjoy pipebands so much go to the highland games not a football game - tool

I would rather there was not a pipe band, but given that the club invited them in it is a touch rude, to say the least, to then play loud music over the tannoy drowning them out.

• Agree 1

Think you miss the point mate. If the club are going to invite a band then that band should be allowed to do their bit. I've no complaints about the music but I think its very unwelcoming and downright rude to invite some of our armed forces and then drown them out.

• Agree 2

Think you miss the point mate. If the club are going to invite a band then that band should be allowed to do their bit. I've no complaints about the music but I think its very unwelcoming and downright rude to invite some of our armed forces and then drown them out.

Yes, I noticed that too - surprised that was allowed to happen.

Very poor!

The announcer was told to play music for the Weatherseal challange which is what he did. As a side note apparently someone (who was at the game) phoned the stadium not long before kickoff to complain that the music was too loud. Jesus wept.

The announcer was told to play music for the Weatherseal challange which is what he did. As a side note apparently someone (who was at the game) phoned the stadium not long before kickoff to complain that the music was too loud. Jesus wept.

the nearby county fans wouldve been trying to get their children to sleep in the caravan park next to the stadium. mustve been them.

I enjoy pipe bands and football! What is the point of inviting a pipe band to play and the drown them out with other music, it should be one or the other.