Derby Day feelings

gingerjaggy

Hi guys just thought i would start a post to see what everyone thinks for friday. I was looking at Over the bridge while writing the preview and add maybe some quotes from there fans giving it that but remarkably alot seem to be running scared saying a draw would be good and that we are favourites. I do think we win 2-0 what are everyones elses outlook

Well, unlike many, I'm so glad the game is on Friday because I'll be able to see it, which I wouldn't if it was on Saturday.

I always feel very apprehensive at derby games, and I've really hated the few occasions when we've been beaten by County.

But I'm quite optimistic about this one, purely because of our unexpected gubbing of United and I think County will be somewhat demoralised after their 5-4 defeat but so nearly a draw.

It's all about maintaining composure in this one - I think and hope that County will be overcome by the occasion and lose theirs!

• Agree 1

Got my rail tickets, looking forward to it, never make predictions though. Remember the time we pummelled them and hit the woodwork 5 times then they got a dodgy penalty.

I feel we have more to give this season, but County have very little depth to their squad. They'll be well up for it, hope we are too!

Edited by TheMantis
  • Agree 1

I am as nervous as a kitten in a sack about this one. Rationally, I think we'll win. Their keeper is a recurring nightmare, their back four has the turning ability of the Bismark and their strikers by and large couldn't score in a turkish bordello. But I'm still nervous. I don't think I could take the abuse from my staggie colleagues and I've already told one neutral he's not getting back in the office without being deloused if he goes to the c*unty end. For the rest, the shotgun's under the desk. I hope, just hope that (if you'll pardon the pun) the wheels come off for Dingwall's "finest" That's the beauty of derby games.

• Agree 4

Got my rail tickets, looking forward to it, never make predictions though. Remember the time we pummelled them and hit the woodwork 5 times then they got a dodgy penalty.

I feel we have more to give this season, but County have very little depth to their squad. They'll be well up for it, hope we are too!

You know Mantis i have been thinking about that game all week. In early 2000 we were going into that game with high hopes and in better form than county (a bit like just now) but they still won with the flukiest of penalties ever.

I don't like getting over confident about derbies because absolutely anything can happen. In Feb 2003 I was giving it the big'un to all my county mates about how we would thrash them and on paper we should have. they were battling relegation with Alloa and we were still pushing Falkirk for the title at that point but they still won 5-1, something which i've never truly got over. I'm excited of course about tomorrow but but also slightly anxious and i wish people on here would stop being so cocky :unsure:

You know Mantis i have been thinking about that game all week. In early 2000 we were going into that game with high hopes and in better form than county (a bit like just now) but they still won with the flukiest of penalties ever.

I don't like getting over confident about derbies because absolutely anything can happen. In Feb 2003 I was giving it the big'un to all my county mates about how we would thrash them and on paper we should have. they were battling relegation with Alloa and we were still pushing Falkirk for the title at that point but they still won 5-1, something which i've never truly got over. I'm excited of course about tomorrow but but also slightly anxious and i wish people on here would stop being so cocky :unsure:

. I'm excited of course about tomorrow but but also slightly anxious and i wish people on here would stop being so cocky :unsure:

Not something we can be accused of to often on this site, we are normally mostly doom and gloom merchants, pleasant change for us to be going into the game full of confidence, something I am sure the team will be doing as well

Its as anxious as i have felt about a game in a long time. Relishing the game but worried we will fail to live up to the big occasion.

Think it will be a case of whether it is our attack or their defence on top form on the night.

Just found out i'm getting away from work early to get up the road for this! :clapoverhead: :clapoverhead: :clapoverhead:

Can't help feeling a little bit apprehensive.

But fak it! we will refuse defeat at all costs.

Definitely at least a point in it for us if we don't play well.

If we play well then we will win by 2 clear goals.

I have watched our team play enough times this season to not be the least bit apprehensive about this match, Im just really looking forward to it, not just the match but the whole Friday night thing, its also on tv so anyone out in Inverness can get a free peek at their local team.

I haven't really spent any time thinking about the result just the event itself but I have faith in our team, they have faith in themselves, so I think the big balls belief will stand them in good stead.

Im just hoping for an enjoyable, loud evening,in a full stadium with a few drinks before and after.

This game will mean so much to County, their only down side is that we all know what their players weaknesses are, their players know what their weaknesses are.So I hope they dont just sit back all night and bore their fans and us to tears.

A note to the fans, its up to you to make as much noise as you can. we've got a job to do so lets do it.

Edited by 12th Man
  • Agree 3

d*ngwall smells of sh!te

I wouldnay stay the night,

your birds look like pigs and they're all up the stick,

i would rather partake in intimate activities with a lady of the night hailing from wick,

cos d*ngwall smells of sh!te!

ALL TOGETHER NOW!

Not sure if there was a sudden rush in ticket sales today. The section in the north stand and uncovered north wing of the main both had well over a hundred left earlier today, now almost sold out. Also the uncovered wing towards the away end which was showing as sold out which I figured was being held back suddenly is up for sale with very few tickets left. Not sure if this is home or away fans though.

Nobody is mentioning the return of Munro and Tokely! My feelings are that I am wondering what kind of a reception they are going to get. Both players have been fantastic servants to this club and would have stayed had the manager wanted them and I think they deserve to get a great reception from the home fans.

I will despair if the usual idiots boo them. Not just because it is the last thing those two deserve, but booing simply fires players up to play that bit better. We need to make Grant and Ross feel so welcome that they'll be too embarrased to play well :tongueincheek:

As for the game itself, I am really looking forward to it. I am naturally a bit apprehensive but am actually fairly confident we will win. To be honest, a few weeks ago I was thinking we would really struggle in the first Derby and would be clear underdogs. But they are beggining to be exposed at the back whilst we are getting better. I guess it comes down to which team turns up on the day. From today's P&J it sounds as though Terry might start with OTJ now that he is back from suspension. Personally I think the 11 who started against Dundee Utd deserve to start.

• Agree 3

Nobody is mentioning the return of Munro and Tokely! My feelings are that I am wondering what kind of a reception they are going to get. Both players have been fantastic servants to this club and would have stayed had the manager wanted them and I think they deserve to get a great reception from the home fans.

I will despair if the usual idiots boo them. Not just because it is the last thing those two deserve, but booing simply fires players up to play that bit better. We need to make Grant and Ross feel so welcome that they'll be too embarrased to play well :tongueincheek:

As for the game itself, I am really looking forward to it. I am naturally a bit apprehensive but am actually fairly confident we will win. To be honest, a few weeks ago I was thinking we would really struggle in the first Derby and would be clear underdogs. But they are beggining to be exposed at the back whilst we are getting better. I guess it comes down to which team turns up on the day. From today's P&J it sounds as though Terry might start with OTJ now that he is back from suspension. Personally I think the 11 who started against Dundee Utd deserve to start.

I'm not too sure I agree DD. Grant Munro hadn't any choice re leaving but Tokely did it from choice. It will be interesting to see what reception they get and if it is the same. Personally wont be booing either.