What a great result. Even though we were second best for much of the second half we held firm and finished it off in style with a Doran cracker.

County lucky to get the free kick they scored from. Doran's yellow at the end a total joke. Raven booking also harsh I thought.

But, another win and up to sixth! Whoda thot it?

Well how im still alive i dont know that second half was the longest half of football ever. I have to say we deserved that even though county dominated possession our defence looked water tight meekings and warren were so dominant in the air. It was shame we conceded because we shouldnt have that was never a free kick but well we won. Doran was my motm he was everywhere and well that is strike that deserved to win any game but a special derby goal. Great 3 points roll on round 2 in January but hopefully we can go on a good run and try and cement top 6 this season because i think we are a good football side and can finish above some teams

1st goal - Munro beaten in the air by Draper

2nd goal - Munro swipes fresh air to let Foran through

3rd goal - Tokely too slow to react to Mackay's header and Doran nips in to strike it home.

Thanks guys, legends indeed. :thumbup:

• Agree 4

I have had a group of mates in the hoose tonite who really do take the p**s out of SPL football but they all thought that was a really entertaining though the booze was and is flowing. They all likened Tinkerville to a "poor mans Wimbledon" in the first half - not only becos of the long ball ploy but because most of their team looked liked ugly thugs - they thought that Scott was a Spock and Tokely was Uncle Fester - without prompting !! They thought that Brittain was the only class player in the team but they also liked Vigurs - well until I told them a wee story !!

As fer us they worried about the "dodgy Spaniard" in goal - thought that Meekings was their MOM - impressed by Draper and Warren - and - especially the Gooner - felt that Rastamouse looked pure class - immature and should have been hooked earlier- not fit - but will be some player.

As fer me - goin to get pisshhed and will do a smiley tomorrow.

a game of two halves.

excellent first half, doran should have killed the game when through on fraser, ended up passing to him when he really needs to do better.

give county credit they totally dominated 2nd half against our ten men. roberts was just a passenger 2nd half, clearly not fit and looked like rabbit in headlights most of the time. standing around doing zilch is not what is required in a derby game. should have been hooked early in second half, cant believe he stayed on so long.

thought we were better when morrison came on to shore up the midfield.

at the end of the night an excellent 3 points

• Agree 2

I have not missed a home match in a very long time. More friday night football please. Great atmosphere. The best for years !

Great service in a very full bar tonight prior to another brilliant performance. The stadium was buzzing. Forget about Munro and Tokely etc.....They were great servants to the club. ..... All the fans who have deserted the team in the last while should get back down and support the team because they are really impressive to watch and in my opinion the best squad of players I have seen at ITC. You dont know what you are missing !

Well done Tel and Mo !!!

PS.

I couldnt believe the number of County supporters who left after the third goal. Whas it something we said !!!

• Agree 4

This did not feel like the caley stadium tonight.

Great buzz around the place helped by great team performance, goals, tactics, subs etc etc

Possibly best game experience at home for a long time!

• Agree 1

Well done the SUPER CALEY :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Game of two halfs forsure. First have it was all us thats what it should be like every home game and then carry that form on into the second half lol. Tokely hitting the cross bar early on he's still one of our own :wink: . Munro and Tokely both looked dodge to say the least. Fraser well its fraser for ya. Dont know what MM said to them at half time but he better not be giving any more match day talks anytime soon. I had my face in my hands for the most of the second half. Are team really need to get a grip on moving out the box quicker.

Wasn't to impressed with the subs. Thought Roberts should have been taken off alot earlier than he did just wasn't his day. Defence was solid again 10 out 10. Draper played his heart or just like Doran. Dont get me wrong the rest of the boys did a great shift but those werethe two that stuck out for me. MFR 2 saying Foran went off hurt?? Anyone heard any more about this.

Fans were fecking amazing the night :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Wish it was like that more often.

FOREVER IN OUR SHADOW

I enjoyed that!

After the early pressure and going 2 - 0 up it could easily have been a rout. Doran should have made it 3 - 0 just before half time. But at 2 - 0 we were saying at half time that an early County goal in the 2nd half and it could get very tight and so it turned out following one of several very strange refereeing decisions. To be fair to County they then played pretty well for 30 minutes before we came back strongly and Doran made amends with a brilliant low volley.

No particular stand outs for me. Roberts doesn't look fully fit and was scared of Tokely but he did show touches of real class. Foran took an early knock and struggled a bit after that. A Shinnie took his goal well enough but apart from that didn't particularly impress. Mention too for Reguero who looked very capable in goals, Pass marks for everyone else with Warren and Meekings becoming a solid partnership at the back. But for me MOTM was Doran who worked really hard, caused a lot of panic in the defense and scored a great goal to settle my anxiety. Thought Pepper and Morrison did really well when they came on and turned the game back in our favour.

Well done section E. Helped create a great atmosphere.

One of the worst refereeing performances I have ever seen. It would be intersting to hear what Terry would have said had we lost.

Only 3 points off the top :ictscarf: :ictscarf:

Fantastic. Loved it !!

Compared to virtually all home games last season, the last two home games have seemed like a different team completely. Long may it continue! This team looks up for the fight and with a touch of class to boot !

Rossco is still a legend, even tried to score for us in the first couple of minutes !! :notworthy:

Has to be said though........another rank rotten refereeing performance. Did his best to ruin a good entertaining match !

MTJ !!!

Excellent. I was a bit disppointed by Roberts 2nd half - a bit like a rabbit blinded by headlights for much of the game but I do sense potential. I'd have liked to have seen Oswell replacing him after an hour. Thought OTD did well and managed to restrain himself.

It was amusing to see a crowd of folk scurring back in to the ground after the 3rd went in. I can't understand why anyone would leave early with a gane like that on a knife edge. Serves them right.