well on over the bridge they are saying they made a great atmosphere and that our fans just mubbled a few times. I can totally agree from 2009/2010 when we last played them were they did out noise us at tcs but i could clearly hear our supporters sing on tv. They seem to be having trouble finding a singing section at victoria park because of grumpy old men wanting them to sit down haha

When you're in amongst it you can't hear the other end anyway. I thought the atmosphere in our end was superb but apparently they're saying we never made a sound till we were 2 up.

A few decent comments OTB but plenty of sour grapes too. They're forgetting they only got back into the game because of the dodgy free kick award, and also our captain went off after an hour. I thought we handled the pressure pretty well and yep, like I said before, they can't score goals and they have a poor squad once the injuries and suspensions get going. They should be thankful for Dundee.

Things must be bad when the best that the County fans can come up with is our ground is better than your's. This will be the ground with the smallest pitch in the world (may not be a fact :wink:), a diddy wee bus shelter for a stand because they can't count and a daft bridge as the only means of access!

What next, they'll claim that they have wonderful facilities including an indoor pitch! Oh sorry, they already do that in spite of the truth that fact they don't (unless we wish to make the same claim) :ponder:

Fair enough, the San Siro it is not, but we'll take no lessons from the peg sellers.

As an aside to all this nonsense about noise being lost, the old firm fans still seem to manage to create a truck load of noise when they come to town.

• Agree 1

I'd love to be able to stand out on the pitch to hear exactly what the players hear. I was in upper B main stand and, although I could hear the chants from both end stands, it didn't come across as loud yet I know it would have been. Both sets of fans were in good voice though. Its a strange stadium we have where sound doesn't seem to carry in all directions.

Having watched the game on the box.....as far as noise created, i would say County fans were more noisy. I only heard ICT fans on a few occasions. But hey...we won , so thats all that matters. Would be nice for the players tho....to get to play in front of a really voiceiferous support.

Not much to add to what's already been said. Thought we were superb in the 1st half, the best I've seen us in a long time. We didn't give them a second on the ball. Draper and OTJ were class in midfield, and Meekings and Warren look an excellent pairing at the back.

Was really pleased Doran got his goal, he's missed a few chances this season so hopefully that'll instill a bit more confidence in him in front of goal. The atmosphere was great, and that's the first time in a good while I've left the game beaming from ear to ear...still am!!

Hard to pick a MOTM, but if pushed I'd give it to OTJ for his control of the midfield. Or Meekings :smile:

the only chants i heard from county were the ole ole ole one and the classic, clap, clap, clap clap clap, clap clap clap clap, county.

their fans really are inventive.

there were virtually no stone left unturned when it came to our fans singing, everything form the highlands are our, to mikey frasers sister, to terry and mo.

but the best song we sang by far was, ''wise men say, only fools rush in, but i cant help falling in love with you, take my hand, take my whole life too, yaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss'' that was my favourite song.

for anyone that wasnt there or didnt see it, after 'whole life too' doran scored.

Edited by lukemackay
  • Agree 2

The thing is i was a season ticket holder for 6 years and only on very few occasions were there games that the fans made much noise. I didnt attend due to uni commitments but the falkirk relegation match i have heard the sound on that and our fans clearly come across very loud even though it was a bad day for us i shed a tear in the union haha. The point is we only have 3 sides and so most noise goes out. All grounds in the spl are compact and have very few gaps so the sound stays within the confines of the 4 stands. Unfortunately we cant build another stand due to lack of demand but i was proud of the noise i could hear on the tele

Have to confess that at the start of the season I feared relegation. After Friday, if nothing else, I am now confident that we will finish above both tems promoted from the First Division. That said, given County's second half performance, I suspect they will end the decision above Dundee.

Have to confess that at the start of the season I feared relegation. After Friday, if nothing else, I am now confident that we will finish above both tems promoted from the First Division. That said, given County's second half performance, I suspect they will end the decision above Dundee.

We'll be top six this year!

• Agree 1

My main fear prior to the game was that it would be billed and looked forward to as this great tie, and in the end it was dull 0-0 borefest. It was anything but. It had everything; great goals, chances, excitement, even some fighting. You can't ask for more than that!

My key points -

• The long ball that we all hated and called to be well...punted, is well and truly gone and ICT are all the better for it. Continuing to play this passing based, attacking football and good times may be ahead.
  • Contrary to what some were saying, I thought Jones started well but disappeared after 25 minutes. Still wasn't bad though, but I wonder if Morrison is the better option to play alongside Draper.
  • Roberts, despite having a good first half was finished by half time and should have hooked earlier.

All in all, ICT won and won well and long may that continue.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

• Contrary to what some were saying, I thought Jones started well but disappeared after 25 minutes. Still wasn't bad though, but I wonder if Morrison is the better option to play alongside Draper.

During the second half we were discussing whether OTJ was carrying an injury. He certainly was not as mobile as the first half hour of the game, spent much of the time looking at things happening and not getting involved and lost possession much more than we are used to.

When Gavin came on this changed the nature of the game. If nothing else he tends to put his foot on the ball and keep possession which was what we were needing.

• Agree 1

They're all crying on OTB now because before the game we played a Cher song which has really peeved them off. I can't think what song it was but its proper got them all offended like ra'sellick fans. One has even stated we have no class because of this behaviour :lol:

Also just wondering if anyone has any videos of our end at all? I'm sure i saw a few people with their phones out

Things must be bad when the best that the County fans can come up with is our ground is better than your's. This will be the ground with the smallest pitch in the world (may not be a fact :wink:), a diddy wee bus shelter for a stand because they can't count and a daft bridge as the only means of access!

What next, they'll claim that they have wonderful facilities including an indoor pitch! Oh sorry, they already do that in spite of the truth that fact they don't (unless we wish to make the same claim) :ponder:

HAHA the 6766 crowd at TCS on friday was bigger than the whole capacity of their shoebox ground.

Also i see in the U20 league table we are 3rd and they are bottom. So much for that "super-fantastic Elite Academy" they keep going on about. :laugh: