New to the forum but last few weeks been great following you guys.

the stadium noise does create a better atmosphere-where is the drum the supporters had a few seasons back i am sure that would help -no musician but sure some one is

• The long ball that we all hated and called to be well...punted, is well and truly gone and ICT are all the better for it. Continuing to play this passing based, attacking football and good times may be ahead.

Every goal we scored against County came from a move featuring less than three passes, which is the generally accepted definition of long ball football, certainly the type advocated by Charles' Reep and Hughes, who were the first to really articulate long ball tactics.

There's nothing wrong with long ball or direct football, so long as it's done well. What is required is for the team to put pressure on the opposition, pushing players into right areas of the park and forcing mistakes from the opposition.

Edited by ictchris

the stadium noise does create a better atmosphere-where is the drum the supporters had a few seasons back i am sure that would help -no musician but sure some one is

Welcome to the forum Rocky1.

Yes, I asked that question a while back and I can't remember if anyone responded. I thought it was something that really marked us out as a team but I suspect that like a lot of SPL / Stadium rules that designed to detract from the enjoyment of a day out at the footie, the drum was routinely being confiscated as an "offensive weapon" and so ended up more trouble than it was worth! Just speculation on my part though.

Yes, I asked that question a while back and I can't remember if anyone responded. I thought it was something that really marked us out as a team but I suspect that like a lot of SPL / Stadium rules that designed to detract from the enjoyment of a day out at the footie, the drum was routinely being confiscated as an "offensive weapon" and so ended up more trouble than it was worth! Just speculation on my part though.

But could drum not just be used at home games the Cletic fans seem to get away with it at home

Hear Deek Adams saying after the hibs game that they were "by far the better team in the derby" and had "many more opportunities to score" I don't know what game he was at. Erse.

Edited by davie
  • Agree 1

I was at the county game today. It was kick and run the whole game. Not one short goal kick or short free kick. It's not football up there. They play some sort of other game.

A bit like us last season :wink:

Hear Deek Adams saying after the hibs game that they were "by far the better team in the derby" and had "many more opportunities to score" I don't know what game he was at. Erse.

Is that quote available anywhere? That is classic stuff from the worlds sorest loser.

A pal on Twitter has just sent me a link. Check out this 25 seconds in:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/20018824#asset

laugh.gif

Edited by RiG

haha was he actually at the derby. granted they had more possession in the second half but they didn't really create that many chances but we were totally dominant in the first half and the game could have been out of sight so whatever he was drinking i want some to

County took te lead yesterday then instantly took Tokely on for glen (who had been subbed on just minutes before hand to try get the win) and parked the bus for the last 5 minutes.

I was behind the dugout and fotheringham was raging when he came off and so was glen. Seems deek isn't everyone's favourite person at the global energy stadium right now.

Is that quote available anywhere? That is classic stuff from the worlds sorest loser.

A pal on Twitter has just sent me a link. Check out this 25 seconds in:

http://www.bbc.co.uk.../20018824#asset

laugh.gif

I liked him talking about having one of the best defensive records in the league ? well I make that 6 other teams who have let in less goals and 1 more is equal.

So if that means in his head that his team are about the best then Im very happy for him.

Edited by 12th Man

I like the bit where is is saying that they are now "closing the gap on the likes of Inverness and St Mirren". We have 9 points from the last 3 games including humping County 3-1 and yet he thinks they are "closing the gap on us"! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

adams_1297217a.jpg

=

fatherted_dougalsbrain.gif

Did anyone else see that big flag the County fans unveiled just before kick off? You can see it on the highlights. It's a big demented looking thing, showing what the spawn of an eagle and thistle would be!

I thought it was quite funny actually!

I was behind the dugout .

Should have been in the hibs end

Should have been shopping.........

Having won 2 tickets to see a County match of our choice (won at a school with an IV2 postcode) and having been lied to on both occasions by a Ross County staff member as to why we couldnt go in the away end for either of our visits to Dingwall in the 1st division, I find it extremely difficult to give them any money whatsoever. The piece of paper didnt state home end only.

Thats where our clubs differ, I have asked our club what they would do if someone won a competition and wanted to sit in the away end and have been told it wouldnt be a problem.