Next Scotland Manager

KingBeastie

The future international team coach. Possibly to take us into the 2016 Euro`s.?

Who is currently in charge of the current crop of youngsters at under 21 level who will be our future in 2016.

I reckon giving the job to the probably unfancied Billy Stark might not be a bad move.

A quick word to Scotty and this forum's powers that be.........I can't do anything useful bar read if I am not using IE.......and I fecking hate, loathe and abhor IE (and Microsoft, tbh)  with a passion I will not swear about here at the level I could. Running windows 7 on this laptop, everything upgradable upgraded (however much it gars me grue to do what Microsoft decides I must)....but also having problems on my desktop, running XP and using Firefox. and no upgrading. Once upon a time, and not that long ago, my preferred browser worked on the laptop and the desktop with no problems........why don't they now?  It has taken me two hours, more or less, to actually get the quote facility working.......and it only works for me in sodding IE!

Whine over...back to the thread....

My Dee supporting mate and I were discussing this an hour or so ago..and for the first time in a long time, we actually agreed. (Not certain he would approve of how I am going to put it.....but he ain't a member here and I am.......so sucks to him!)

We kinda wondered why the SFA and, to be fair, so many punters, are so  fixated on appointing a manager who could best be described as a department store shopper with no limit as to spending, as opposed to a make do and mender.  

Way I see it is that I could definitely produce an absolutely fantastic  house, provided I didn't have to skimp and save....at least one which would be he envy of every visitor who knew the cost of everything and the value of nothing......but, being kinda knacky in the crafty stakes, I could just as easily produce a fantastic house by rejiging what I have, raiding skips.making the best of what is available etc.

And maybe I am more of a pessimist than an optimist, but what a Scotland manager has to be able to do is make the best of what is available..because he knows he doesn't have a wallet he can open to replace/add to  players...and I'm not convinced that a lot of the big names proposed are capable of working with what they have but are certainly good at working with what they can buy.

And I I(and my Dee mate) agree with Ten4 re Billy Stark....best man for the job in the short term, at the very least...and the longer term will depend, as all Scotland jobs do, on results.l

Lets get out of the "celebrity" mindset, which has elevated Katie Price to the level of boaking, and stop thinking that because football managers did well when their teams were full of the best from any country in the world, and they could buy and sell to replace those who didn't meet standards that makes them good managers and not just lucky buggers who could afford to buy success.....which may well have come despite their day to day input.

Edited by Oddquine

A quick word to Scotty and this forum's powers that be.........I can't do anything useful bar read if I am not using IE.......and I fecking hate, loathe and abhor IE (and Microsoft, tbh)  with a passion I will not swear about here at the level I could. Running windows 7 on this laptop, everything upgradable upgraded (however much it gars me grue to do what Microsoft decides I must)....but also having problems on my desktop, running XP and using Firefox. and no upgrading. Once upon a time, and not that long ago, my preferred browser worked on the laptop and the desktop with no problems........why don't they now?  It has taken me two hours, more or less, to actually get the quote facility working.......and it only works for me in sodding IE!

Own fault. You could get rid of the Microshit system and switch to Linux. Or buy a Mac. :tongue:

Edited by Rainbow

Oddquine I can understand how, borne out of frustration, you may feel the need to whine on a forum not intended for the purpose but had you gone to you may well have found some reasons and answers to your problems. I had the same problems but all is fixed now and I'm using firefox.

Own fault. You could get rid of the Microshit system and switch to Linux. Or buy a Mac. :tongue:

Been seriously thinking about it for a while...before my problems on here....not the Mac, though...I ain't Croesus...but a change of OS on one computer at least. Working at shifting essential stuff from the somewhat full 500GB desktop hard drive to the laptop 750GB one and keeping the essential stuff in belt and braces mode on my 500GB external drive (but what IS essential when you can't sodding remember why you downloaded it in the first place and if you have ever used it). If the Dee mate's wife, a Linux aficionado) will hold my hand as I empty my hard drive, I may well be persuaded to go the Linux route. I have hated with a passion every "new" improved" version of Windoze since Windows 98..because that was the last time I had control of my own computer. Every upgrade since by Microsoft has given them control of just about everything but re-formatting and deleting them (I think/hope).

Edited by Oddquine