Next Ipswich Manager

ICTRoughi

It seems Paulo Di Canio and Alan Curbishley are the main names at the moment being mentioned.

However, with the great start ICT have had this season, I wouldnnt be surprised if Terry's name isn't at least mentioned as an option.

Personally I think he'll stay. He's got unfinished business with ICT and has made the team his own. It's shaping up nicely now. He loves the area too, and despite his history with Ipswich, I think he'll be with us for a long time to come yet.

County fans going on all bleddy week about this. I was waiting for Staggy4life or Jailender to come on here and start a rumour.... but we‘re doing it ourselves!!! Its County fans on Twatter claiming to have ‘reliable info‘ and about 3 ITFC fans saying he could be an option.

• Agree 1

Rita says he's not allowed to go. She likes it here and wants to stay. So there.

Exactly! Rita wears the trousers :wink:

and according to Terrys book, green dresses also. Butcher will stay.

I reckon he will stay aswell but it's always worth a debate.

It would be stupid for him to go now especially when we have an important game next week at Sevco.

I'll just say obsessed too, everyone seems to be doing it :laugh: .

Dont think Terry will go, said countless times that he is settled up here and is making real progress this season and knowing him he will want to see the job through.

TB is only mentioned once on the ipswich town forum

http://www.twtd.co.u...m/239230/page:1

Dave Gooderham@davegoods

A month ago, I had a call from a Scottish TV chap who said there had been whispers about Terry Butcher being interested in any #itfcvacancy

Retweeted 6 times

ben parnell@ParnellBen

Terry butcher to Ipswich maybe?? Club legend #itfc @OfficialITFC@IpswichTownFans

James Taylor@JamesTaylor_IPS

Bring in George Burley and Terry Butcher as his assistant, I'd literally cry with joy #ITFC

Sophie Logan@slogan89

Would love terry butcher! #itfc

Jayson Edwards@jayson_ed

So it's between terry butcher and Owen coyle for me ! Won't be happy with curbishley he's been out the game too long !#NextIpswichManager

It's public knowledge that he bought a house in the Ipswich area last week...

You are obsessed! But also in this case correct.

IMO Butcher probably would leave for Ispwich, it is the club he supported and played for after all. Whether he'd be offered it or not though is a different story.

Some amount of roasters on this thread

Let's not beat about the bush here if Terry was offered any of the three dream jobs in his head( England, Orc/Sevco or Ipswich job he'd be off down the A9 without as much as a farewell wave

Butcher is a nomadic manager who has been with various clubs in different countries I'm afraid those who thinks he will stay for sentimental reasons or because the highlands has nice scenery are sadly deluded

Butcher is a legend at Ipswich Town, he captained them and to manage them would be a great honour for him

If the rumours circulating regarding him selling up and buying property in East Anglia are correct I will wish him well and there will be no negativity or public outcry from me

Dougal