Rangers -V- I.C.T.

Scotty

I saw Tony with blood on his head right enough. Hope you're OK boy. There was a level of animosity which makes me awfully glad we don't have to go back there this year. After the first 20 mins, there was only one team going to win this. They were always going to come out of the traps flying but when we settled we played them off the park. OTJ and both Shinnies were immense but MOTM for me was David Raven. I think we're seeing now what he can do, and it's almost as impressive as Terry's full time celebrations. Make no mistake, this was a potential banana skin and I'm still buzzing.

• Agree 1

Here's a question, which of those The Rangers players would get a place in our team?

On paper Wallace, Shiels and Black would be the only players i'd take from their team.

Would Wallace get a game ahead of Shinnie? on present form; no chance. Knowing what Blackie can bring to a team he may squeeze onto the team sheet ahead of OTJ but Draper is first name on the team sheet for me at the moment. Shiels vs McKay, another tough choice. Probably go for Shiels TBH

Great match (from our perspective) and the "total" team performance that we've come to expect from this squad....absolyootley delighted.

Not much more I can say on the game that's not already been said. It seems like a long time since it felt this good following ICT and long may it continue.

Ibrox has never been a ground I enjoyed going to, but the bile and vitriol seems to have reached a whole new level and the club/authorities are deluding themselves if they think they are making any inroads into dealing with it...I'll leave it at that or it'll just turn into a full page rant...lol.

• Agree 2

This game reminded me so much of February 2000. I know Rangers are 3rd division and all but ive grown up perceiving them as one of he best teams in the Country so regardless of their current status if we won i was always going to see this as a major scalp.

Time truly is a great healer. We played some great football and showed some clinical finishing despite most of our starting 11 having never played at Ibrox or even a venue of that stature.

There were times were looked shaky but our backline held firm and were backed up by yet another credible display from Reguero who made some great stops. Warren has been one of Terry Butchers best signings. He has such a presence at the back and he didnt let the occasion influence him, he didnt give McCulloch a sniff and took his header superbly. He was well assisted by Meekings who is seriously staking a claim as a central defender.

At half time we had gone in creating little in what was a tense first half but we seemed to play with more freedom after the break with Doran, The Shinnies and Billy McKay all finding space. I felt sorry for Billy, he carved out some great chances but was thwarted by Alexander, he deserved a goal.

Think the referee deserves a mention too, for the first time this season i thought i saw a fair performance from a ref and he got most of the major calls correct and showed a good level of leniency (particularly in Raven's case).

Its been a great season so far and with such a young and enthusiastic team and last night was a real pinnacle. Long may it continue. Well done to Terry, Mo and the lads. You should all be very proud.

Edited by ajsict92

Here's a question, which of those The Rangers players would get a place in our team?

On paper Wallace, Shiels and Black would be the only players i'd take from their team.

Would Wallace get a game ahead of Shinnie? on present form; no chance. Knowing what Blackie can bring to a team he may squeeze onto the team sheet ahead of OTJ but Draper is first name on the team sheet for me at the moment. Shiels vs McKay, another tough choice. Probably go for Shiels TBH

Eh? Black showed last night exactly what he can bring to a game. Long before the end he was reduced to the nasty, sniping vindictive little individual that he is. Ahead of OTJ? You are having a laugh. Sheils, er no. Just no.

• Agree 1

Complimentary article here on Butcher compared to McCoist.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/20164993

The sometimes volatile Englishman sought out a newspaper journalist after Wednesday's match to gently remind him of a description used about his players following their defeat by Celtic. "Sunday League players" and "hoofers" were the phrases that seemed to rankle and perhaps fortunately, Butcher could not locate said journalist.

:smile:

Edited by Yngwie

From what I saw in the highlights provided by Libero the penalty can be given. But I can see how the reporter was able to say that no one except the ref saw a penalty there: Only Rangers fanatics were looking at the park, the ICT corner was too busy celebrating :banana: :banana: :banana:

Well that's me missed both Feb 8th and now Oct 31st :sad: lol

never mind, listened to both on the radio going mental in my living room :crazy:

If we dont get Celtic or Hertz in the semis, would you still want to play at a 1/4 full hampden? I remember the semis against dundee and pars the atmosphere was crap, put a downer on the whole day. a 14,000 crowd against midden at Easter road would be better. what you think?

Complementary article here on Butcher compared to McCoist.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/20164993

The sometimes volatile Englishman sought out a newspaper journalist after Wednesday's match to gently remind him of a description used about his players following their defeat by Celtic. "Sunday League players" and "hoofers" were the phrases that seemed to rankle and perhaps fortunately, Butcher could not locate said journalist.

:smile:

Very good read

Yeah, truly exceptional night ! I thought ICT were as good as Ive ever seen, very cultured, yet able to look after themselves.

I hope I'm no' getting too carried away but I'd go as far as to say this is probably the finest team Ive seen this club produce.

I don't accept that we SHOULD have beaten Rangers. Their team sheet has plenty of internationalists in it, the club still has a massive presense, big crowd ( 28000 !! there were never 22000 empty seats last night)

Rangers were appalling, I don't remember them having a shot on goal, wether that was down to us I really dont know, we were fantastic though.

Andrew Shinnie must be the most cultured player Ive seen for us, he had a great game last night but I'll ghive my M.O.M. to Aaron Doran, magic !

The management team and players were fantastic last night. Even the police horses seemed to smile for us as we made a discrete journey back on the Glasgow subway.

This was one of the great nights in our history.

I do hope the players are rewarded on future Saturdays with more support. Last night the players and management were exceptional. The end of January is a long time to wait for a Semi but for Aberdeen and Ross County the wait is much longer.

The management team and players were fantastic last night. Even the police horses seemed to smile for us as we made a discrete journey back on the Glasgow subway.

This was one of the great nights in our history.

I do hope the players are rewarded on future Saturdays with more support. Last night the players and management were exceptional. The end of January is a long time to wait for a Semi but for Aberdeen and Ross County the wait is much longer.

Yes I hope we get a much beter support for our game against Hearts!