Rangers -V- I.C.T.

Scotty

Hard to pick a MOTM tonight, they were all superb. If forced though I'd pick A.Shinnie who more than made up for those misses on Sat.

What date is the semi pencilled in for??

I think the draw is next Thursday (08/11/12), with semi's on 26 & 27/01/13.

Just back in from the game and WOW!

We almost caught ourselves out a few times with silly balls back to Reguero (who's kicking was poor tonight) but going forward, we looked like Barcelona compared to Sevco. The movement from Shinnie, Doran and McKay in particular was very impressive and created havoc for Sevco's defence. Mention must also go to McKay. He maybe isn't the most talented footballer we have ever had but my goodness he works hard. He runs the channels, holds the ball up well and is playing with a real confidence. Get him finishing his chances and we have a top striker on our books. Jones and Draper once again dominated in the middle and really commanded the play (why did we ever want Black back?). The back four is really starting to gel and work well as a unit. Meekings started off poorly but much improved as the game went on. Garry Warren...what a signing he has been! Didn't give McCulloch a sniff at any time and led the defence in a way that we haven't had since Darren Dods or arguably better than we've ever had. Both G.Shinnie, who captained again tonight, and Raven supported the attack brilliantly and they equally defended solidly. Raven was perhaps a little lucky not to see red but we'll take that. From the moment we scored our 1st goal, there was ever going to be one winner. We knocked the ball round well and really dominated and had a grip on play. Hard to fault any of the players and we stood out by miles as the better footballing team. Brilliant performance and long may it continue!

Must also mention the away crowd tonight. Great atmosphere from the fans tonight, the players undoubtably appreciated it and responded to it. A highlight for me was the second goal were G.Shinnie came to take the corner, acknowledged the fans, we scored and Warren celebrated like we'd won the cup! Great moment! Any stay away fans are really missing out on great football here and a great atmosphere tonight.

Finally, we have always been a club that has relied heavily on team spirit...the last couple of years have been tough and it's been obvious that the players haven't quite settled but tonight...what a show of togetherness and care for the club. The celebrations at the end were brilliant. All the players, even the subs rushed over to the fans and congratulated themselves as well as each other. Tokely, Munro, Duncan etc may be gone and we can argue all about the rights and wrongs about that all we want but to even question the commitment that these guys have for the club is ridiculous! We have moved on as a club and the Warrens, Drapers, Shinnies etc are now the core of the team and my goodness they care! Brilliant stuff. Lets get these players signed up for a couple of years and see where we go...theres no stoping us at the moment!

Great night and MOTM has to go to A.Shinnie for me!

• Agree 9

Wow! I had to be out tonight so couldn't try to find a TV stream on the old computer. Sneaked a look at my phone a couple of times and saw we were one up at H/T.

Was absolutely chuffed when I got home to find we had thrashed them.

Well done to all concerned.

I have never been a Terry fan, but I can see myself eating humble pie very soon. He has unearthed a couple of gems in Warren and Draper. All the other boys are pulling their weight too. Lets hope he can hang on to them for more than just this season.

Onwards and upwards. I'll see some of you at Killie on Sat.

McCoist gracious in defeat: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20163529

"In the second half, Inverness were better than us, without doubt, and deserve to be in the semi-final more than we do," ...... "In the second half, we got what we deserved and so did Inverness."

That was one of the best ICT games i've ever seen :ictscarf:

I'm glad TB stuck with Reguero in nets. Thought he handled the game well. Defence was a solid unit as normal. At the start of the season i wasn't the biggest fan of our defence but it has grown on me. Every week they are improving. Draper and Jones were top class in the middle helping out in defence and attack. Doran and Roberts were running circles around the sevco defenders. McKay was awesome, running for every ball and closing down players. As for the Shinnie bros well............. :clapping:

Glad to see Foran getting on for the last few minutes. Now TB has a big decision to make who to take out for for Foran to go back in???

Where i was seating one of our fans was hurt by a sevco tink throwing a coin and splitting his head open. I hope the police look at CCTV and get the tink who did it.

Reguero - :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Raven - :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Shinnie - :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Warren - :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Meekings - :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Tudur-Jones - :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Draper - :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Roberts - :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

A.Shinnie - :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Doran - :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

McKay - :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

MOTM - ANDREW SHINNIE

Edited by WYNESS101

Get new contracts handed out to these guys. Andrew Shinnie is the most talented player we have had since Bingham. His touch and control are wonderful and he can fairly pick a pass. A brilliant player.

• Agree 3

That was epic. Defended brilliantly in first half and then ran them ragged in second.

The Sevco fans were a disgrace. I did not see the coin incident at the time but i hope the fan is ok now. There was something thrown at Reguero as well. Usual anti- Catholic songs noticeable.

Bsck to our team though.All four defenders stood out. Ravens tackling was great, apart from one mis timed that deserved and earned a yellow. Shortly after that he gave away a free kick. Sevco fans screaming for a second yellow but it did not deserve that. Other than that he did not put a foot wrong so i disagree with folk saying he was lucky to stay on.

The second half passing play was wonderful to watch. Every player played their part. Butchers celebrations with the fans at the end also stood out! Well done all the players and Terry and Mo!

I cannot wait for Killie on Saturday!

Edited by CapitalCaley