celtic away - november 2012

InvernessCT19

Wishful thinking and - If only!! After ICT Travel Club having two 51 seater coaches (with just a few empty seats) at Ibrox on Wednesday night, the Travel Club now has only a 29 seater bus (not full) going to Killie. Poor show - makes me quite sad for our team after their great show just a couple of days ago. The few of us at Killie will cheer loud and long for "our" boys and show our appreciation of our Cup semi-finalists.

Wishful thinking and - If only!! After ICT Travel Club having two 51 seater coaches (with just a few empty seats) at Ibrox on Wednesday night, the Travel Club now has only a 29 seater bus (not full) going to Killie. Poor show - makes me quite sad for our team after their great show just a couple of days ago. The few of us at Killie will cheer loud and long for "our" boys and show our appreciation of our Cup semi-finalists.

And only £14 per person on the bus, plus Killie are giving under 16s free entry if accompanied by an adult. The price cannot be the cause of the lack of fans travelling, so.... what's your excuse?

Cos I'd like to spend some time with my family and take my daughter to the fireworks display in Forres. :shrug02: Personally I'd love to make away games (I'm lucky if I can make a couple a year) but as I lose most of Saturday to the footie when we are at home, I do quite like to have some family time. At least until she gets old enough to take to the games! :cheer01:

• Agree 1

Lizi - just to let ya know that i have washed ma bits and I am on ma way - waking myself up with a chorus of a song that has started ma game days fer feckin years - when I wake up in the morning light, I put on ma scarf and I feel alrite, I put my blue scarf on, I put my Caley scarf o - O2B

• Agree 2

And only £14 per person on the bus, plus Killie are giving under 16s free entry if accompanied by an adult. The price cannot be the cause of the lack of fans travelling, so.... what's your excuse?

i work every 2nd saturday and get 1/2 day leave for home games. not enough leave to get a full day off every second week.

cant force people to watch games i am afraid

Not as many as we would like Raul but we are quite far from the other teams. Inverness fans travelling to Glasgow is like Barca fans travelling to Mallorca..........or so you would think

Already,clear. Being so far from determines the displacement of the fans. Which is the closest rival is the team?

Taking hundreds of supporters to away matches would be fantastic but I would much prefer the fans to turn up for home games so the club can get the financial benefit. We have so-called fans who, although living in the Highlands, only go to away games at places like the OF and Hearts. With the cost of travel, entrance cost and money spent on the day they could attend two home games. The club has a brilliant support from the central belt and even further south that attend away games because it is far cheaper and easier to get to than home games, but for Highland based fans home games should be the priority. I know people chose how to spend their money but the our club need the financial support.

I wish people would understand that there are many people, myself included, that for personal reasons are unable to attend football matches no matter 'how much they would like to. It is not all about money and it certainly isn't apathy. Suffice it to say Free time to some is scarce and precious , consideration and choices have to be made in life so don't try and thrust guilt upon all absentees.

Yes there are others I'm sure that could be more supportive and if ICT continue to play to their current standards then you will eventually find the supporters flooding back to the stadium.The better the product the greater the demand. We now have an excellent Squad formed by an excellent Management Team. You had to be patient to get that, now it has come and next the crowds will follow.

Trust me, I was right about the squad when others were scathing about it, I was right about Reguero before he got his place in the Team. I was right about Terry being the manager for us.

Before you say it IHE, I know, nobody loves a smartass!! :happy:

• Agree 1