ross county away - singing section

InvernessCT19

To be fair tho these tickets are not allocated by computer like ours are so I would assume this has made it difficult to administer as we would like.

Don't want to be a moan here either but I will be sitting in the seat ai queued to get! I went to the effort to get our seats together so will be sitting in them as planned.

Well here's your chance. Theres around 200 tickets still to sell. They will all be for the same area I'd imagine. Go get one of those tickets and get your mates to do the same. If you've already purchased then go ask if your seat can be changed.

In future arrange with all your mates to buy tickets together. Simples.

Tree- first of all its an away game and the questions being asked have nothing to do with the home games singing section and since it is a big game i think quite a lot of us are want ing to get a good atmosphere at the game. don't be so negative.

Alex- "n future arrange with all your mates to buy tickets together. Simples." sounds simple yet it was a bit of a shambles to be honest getting the tickets especially with large groups off mates (new to this dont know how to tag or anything haha)

Tree- first of all its an away game and the questions being asked have nothing to do with the home games singing section and since it is a big game i think quite a lot of us are want ing to get a good atmosphere at the game. don't be so negative.

The very fact that this is a big game is likely to result in a good atmosphere from both sets of fans.

Over the years there has been much made about ring fencing areas for singing sections and we have even gone as far as moving season ticket holders out of their seats to create these with no discernible positive result.

Without trying to be too critical, it is also disappointing that we feel the need to create atmosphere in a game such as this yet place lesser importance on achieving this in the 'smaller' games where there is probably a greater benefit in terms of lifting the players, etc. I would add that there needs to be more done by the club in trying to foster this atmosphere at home games also.

The club should have pre-arranged a so called 'singing section' and given fans the option!

Why should they? The fans should be the ones creating an atmosphere not the club who can only do so much. They've given fans a dedicated area of sorts for the home games and that hasn't worked. Why should they bother for away games as well?

Likes others who have stated on this thread County sold their allocation at the first derby which included a designated singing section

Let's not kid ourselves it's hardly rocket science to set this up and those who claim that it would be difficult to administer are sadly deluded

If you ask me this would have been the ideal opportunity for the likes of Caleyjagsforever to get involved as they are the self acclaimed voice of the fans are they not?

Dougal

Well here's your chance. Theres around 200 tickets still to sell. They will all be for the same area I'd imagine. Go get one of those tickets and get your mates to do the same. If you've already purchased then go ask if your seat can be changed.

In future arrange with all your mates to buy tickets together. Simples.

IBM & Capital Caley, yes it probably would've been a good idea to do that, but we didn't anticipate that the club would have it that badly organised to not even keep a separate allocation for a "singing section". It's a derby & we all know how poor 90% of our fans are in creating an atmosphere, surely it would make sense to group together the minority of fans keen to try & create some sort of atmosphere. It also doesn't help the fact that once we realised we had tickets separated from each other, we tried to swap tickets with the ticket office to put us together, but were told that couldn't happen. Doesn't leave is much of a chance does it?

In the grand scheme of things as Jamie ICTFC said, we will be sitting together. There is not a chance that we are going over there & not create any sort of atmosphere. If the travelling bin dippers can manage to organise a singing section as already quoted in this thread, it's criminal that we can't. The club could easily contact county & inform the stewards/police whoever else necessary that there is no allocated seats or something similar. We all know that with the mix of main stand library fans & slightly noisier fans, it's only going to cause pointless arguments & awkwardness.

The club needs to look at this,we can not be getting atmosphere wise.

As already said, we did try to get the seats moved. Also were the tickets not being sold from back row down the the front? So if people were to change tickets they would be standing down in the front rows which could lead to people behind sitting down getting annoyed.

I agree that the fans ourselves could have organised it better but then when it comes to away games we have a few groups of people who all come together to create the "singing section". As a lot of them come from down south and we don't all have contact with each other it would be impossible for it to be arranged just by fans.

The only way this will happen now IMO is if the club makes all the tickets unallocated, which I can't see happening. Don't see why that would cause a fuss with the fans as they didn't get to chose a seat anyway. Or is if the singing people all sit together anyway and offer to swap tickets with the people who's seat they have taken (Only if they can still all sit as a group just in a different part of the ground)

• Agree 2

Likes others who have stated on this thread County sold their allocation at the first derby which included a designated singing section

Let's not kid ourselves it's hardly rocket science to set this up and those who claim that it would be difficult to administer are sadly deluded

If you ask me this would have been the ideal opportunity for the likes of Caleyjagsforever to get involved as they are the self acclaimed voice of the fans are they not?

Dougal

Caley Jags Together are not "self acclaimed" in any way, shape or form. They are a group of fans...now numbering in excess of 300...with a democratically elected board.

If you, or anyone else, is not satisfied with the work being done by those board members, then there's nothing whatsoever standing in the way of you coming forward and putting yourself up for election or volunteering your time to help.

We haven't always got it right and we haven't always been able to achieve the things we would like...but we are at least trying.

If some people put as much time and effort into helping as they put into coming on here criticising the efforts of others and making demands of them....then ICT would easily be able to achieve everything we want, and more. After all....it's not Rocket Science!!!!

• Agree 3

Because a lot of people like to moan about stuff but not actually do anything to help find a resolution.

Dougal

A great example.

Bobos put it perfectly & as for the bit he has highlighted as well as the idea & points included in this forum surely it shows I'm moaning AND making a valid & reasonable attempt at a resolution? As for home games, we do more than most to get an atmosphere going. The majority of our fans don't contribute to an atmosphere anyway.

CaleyD what else do you want us to do exactly? Majority of us go home & away to try create an atmosphere, some sensible ideas have been put on here?

• Agree 1

I dont think tickets were sold in any order other than that which they were bundled before they left Dingwall. I believe that when they went on sale each ticket seller picked up a bundle and worked with that. To try and change tickets while they were very busy selling them would have been a nightmare for the staff but perhaps if people had gone to the shop at a quiet time some sort of arrangement could have been agreed.

I believe a group of Section E folks may have seats together and I'm sure that if people dont want to be in among the chants they'll happily swap seats. I dont know the layout of the Dingwall stand but I'd be willing to change places with any of the lads and lasses if I happen to be in that area.

Edited by Alex MacLeod

Surely its actually better that there isn't a singing section and everyone who says they want to sing are spread out cos that way the whole away end will be bouncing and not just one tiny section??? Getting a good atmosphere at away games has never been a problem so don't really know what the fuss is about

• Agree 3

Surely its actually better that there isn't a singing section and everyone who says they want to sing are spread out cos that way the whole away end will be bouncing and not just one tiny section??? Getting a good atmosphere at away games has never been a problem so don't really know what the fuss is about

The only problem with this game is that it is pretty much going to be a sell out. All of the other away games never come close to that so it is always easy for everyone to congregate together.

This does sound good, but in reality its probably not going to happen.

Even if it was going to happen,a song must be started and others join in.... something i'm sure would happen if we were all together.

Edited by jamie ictfc

I know folk cant move to sit together but most folk will be sitting with their mates anyway so if groups of 4 say start singing they will encourage others around them to join in as well. Think back to that day in Ayr when the away end was packed, everyone joined in, not just the so called 'singing section'. Okay it was a celebration that day but once we go a couple of goals up surely the fans will be just as happy? Don't think just cos country organised a singing section that we have to do the same, lets just show all of our support will get involved. An away game is such a great atmosphere anywhere you go so if folk turn up who don't usually get involved, maybe they get caught up in the occasion and join in. Either that or everyone can just moan moan moan ....

I know folk cant move to sit together but most folk will be sitting with their mates anyway so if groups of 4 say start singing they will encourage others around them to join in as well. Think back to that day in Ayr when the away end was packed, everyone joined in, not just the so called 'singing section'. Okay it was a celebration that day but once we go a couple of goals up surely the fans will be just as happy? Don't think just cos country organised a singing section that we have to do the same, lets just show all of our support will get involved. An away game is such a great atmosphere anywhere you go so if folk turn up who don't usually get involved, maybe they get caught up in the occasion and join in. Either that or everyone can just moan moan moan ....

I agree with what you are saying but in reality I just can't see it happening. We are not just doing it because County did it. We are only wanting it because it is the easiest way to get a better atmosphere