ross county away - singing section

InvernessCT19

Is there any way I can get tickets online or by phone? Just discovered that I can indeed get to this game but won't be able to get down to the ground before Friday at the earliest! :(

Phone the ticket office. I'm sure they will post them.

Thanks, I'll give them a phone tomorrow :)

This thread is a wee bit cringeworthy I think.

Do we ever hear old firm fans, or even aberdeen fans, complaining about not getting a singing section organised for away games at TCS or GES ? No, cos everyone sings !

Surely the singing section against our wee neighbours should be the WHOLE away end not just a few seats in the middle !

Altogether now, "The wheels on your house . . . . . . . " :dancing::bouncyred::dancing::bouncyred::dancing:

• Agree 3

This thread is a wee bit cringeworthy I think.

Do we ever hear old firm fans, or even aberdeen fans, complaining about not getting a singing section organised for away games at TCS or GES ? No, cos everyone sings !

Surely the singing section against our wee neighbours should be the WHOLE away end not just a few seats in the middle !

Altogether now, "The wheels on your house . . . . . . . " :dancing::bouncyred::dancing::bouncyred::dancing:

+1

Totally agree with this. Everyone should be involved in creating the atmosphere not just a small group of fans.

Just be careful lads. Was at the C*unty game on saturday in the away end with relatives and SSN and updates by text :( The stewardry was, to say the least "challenging" and there appeared to be a willingness for them to instigate problems rather than deal with them. as an illustration, saw one steward ejecting someone with his arm twisted up his back to restrain him. Steward claimed to definitely have "delegated power of arrest" and was adamant he could use force. It wasn't isolated and there was a definite atmosphere. Please do not allow this sort of thing to happen on saturday. If you have to be polite to a fault, obey their instructions and do not get caught up in it. You know it makes sense.

Just be careful lads. Was at the C*unty game on saturday in the away end with relatives and SSN and updates by text :( The stewardry was, to say the least "challenging" and there appeared to be a willingness for them to instigate problems rather than deal with them. as an illustration, saw one steward ejecting someone with his arm twisted up his back to restrain him. Steward claimed to definitely have "delegated power of arrest" and was adamant he could use force. It wasn't isolated and there was a definite atmosphere. Please do not allow this sort of thing to happen on saturday. If you have to be polite to a fault, obey their instructions and do not get caught up in it. You know it makes sense.

I Was in the away end for the aberdeen game and found the stewarding and whole matchday experience far better than anytrhing experienced at the dump . We could stand for the entire game without any bother and was easy to get a smoke at half time , maybe this was because the aberdeen support was made up of blokes who looked like they wouldn't take any nonsense from stewards unlike our less than threatening one .

Why on earth would you want to be in amongst a group of supporters who looked threatening?

It's called standing up for yourself and your mates . Fight fire with fire , the bullies dont like it and tend to leave you be .

Maybe 30 years ago when I was at school I may have "ran with the gang" and behaved like that. But I have grown up, and done not too bad at standing up to bullies and stewards with humour and "intelligence" in recent years.

Why on earth would you want to be in amongst a group of supporters who looked threatening?

It's called standing up for yourself and your mates . Fight fire with fire , the bullies dont like it and tend to leave you be .

Maybe 30 years ago when I was at school I may have "ran with the gang" and behaved like that. But I have grown up, and done not too bad at standing up to bullies and stewards with humour and "intelligence" in recent years.

Who's intelligence do you use?

Who's intelligence do you use?

I put intelligence in " ", because it all depends on the amount of beer consumed. :wink:

• Agree 1

That's an interesting response :blink: all round. Aye, you are right about the smoking - I couldn't see or breathe at half time when I went for a p*sh. How I missed my shoes I don't know. Standing, aye that was OK as well but they were feckin hefty with anyone they decided was going out. I never bothered with humour (or intelligence for that matter!)

I find this concerning given the attitude of some of these 'morons in hi-viz'. My understanding is only the police have the power of arrest at our grounds and the situation needs to be corroborated, with the most likely charge being breach of the peace?

If these idoits are going about heavily handed throwing people out then it needs to be both clarified and restisted in the public domain. In my opinion they have no right to physically eject anyone from a ground. There are certain grounds I will not visit since witnessing idiotic stewards bullying our fans. These people need to remember why they are there..........for the safety and well being of the paying public.

• Agree 2

The following paragraph is taken from this document. http://www.fsf.org.uk/media/uploaded/Stand%20Up%20Sit%20Down%20Fact%20Sheet.pdf

Stewards Power of Arrest

Any person has a recognised power of arrest where:

(a) a breach of the peace is committed in his presence, (b) the person effecting the

arrest reasonably believes that such a breach will be committed in the immediate

future by the person arrested, or © a breach of the peace has been committed or

the person effecting the arrest reasonably believes that a breach of the peace has

occurred and that a further breach is threatened.

A breach of the peace occurs whenever harm is actually done or is likely to be done

to a person or, in their presence, to their property, or where a person is in fear of

being harmed through an assault, affray, riot, unlawful assembly or other

disturbance.

I think the same laws apply in Scotland but not sure on that. I do believe that all stewards must hold a valid Security Industries Act licence to do the job. Its a bit of a grey area and not much detail on tinternet.