hearts semi final - easter road

InvernessCT19

Would there be the same complaints about a neutral ground if we had drawn Celtic and had to play them at Hampden?

I doubt it.

Be proud that we've made the Semi Finals (and you never know, we might get a buy to the Final)

:ictscarf:

You mean we're going to bribe someone to get there? :amazed:

Would there be the same complaints about a neutral ground if we had drawn Celtic and had to play them at Hampden?

I doubt it.

Be proud that we've made the Semi Finals (and you never know, we might get a buy to the Final)

:ictscarf:

You mean we're going to bribe someone to get there? :amazed:

:ponder: Buy, :shrug02: Bye, :shrug: By, :confused: Bi :slapme:

Butcher isn't complaining that its at Easter Road because "we have a good record at Easter Road" and thats good enough for me.

Me too, we will take them on anywhere in the central belt if they are still playing!

I'm not too fussed that it is played at Easter Road it is a nice stadium and it is the right size for a game like this I much prefer this than a half empty Hamden. Also what is the difference us playing Hearts at Easter Road than playing Celtic at Hamden? Another thing this cup is run by the SFL not the SFA so for once the SFA are not to blame in this situation.

We have drawn 2-2 this season against Hearts at Tynecastle despite being 2-0 down and down to 10 men I see absolutely no reason why we can't go and beat them this time at Easter Road.

Anyway, really looking forward to it. If the club can get details of the ticket prices and bus prices, an idea for the club could be to market some of the tickets as a Christmas present - sell it as a bundle of a match ticket, a seat on a supporters bus down to the game and maybe throw in an extra or two such as a special edition semi-final programme/scarf/poster etc. Not sure of the cost involved with this though but a possible avenue to look at.

• Agree 2

It is where it is. We just have to get on and accept it, have the largest number of traveling supporters we can so as to minimise the level of out-numbering. TB has to get the players in the mindset that this is the semi and if we want to play at Hampden we need to win. Stop the negative talk about venue and begin the process of positive preparations - its a huge game for the club and we need to be 100% behind the team & TB and not be distracted by minor issues such as which side of the central belt we have to travel to!!!

• Agree 1

It is where it is. We just have to get on and accept it, have the largest number of traveling supporters we can so as to minimise the level of out-numbering. TB has to get the players in the mindset that this is the semi and if we want to play at Hampden we need to win. Stop the negative talk about venue and begin the process of positive preparations - its a huge game for the club and we need to be 100% behind the team & TB and not be distracted by minor issues such as which side of the central belt we have to travel to!!!

i accept if the game is at hampden, that is where we have to play. but to change venue to your opponents city, that is a ridiculous decision and one as a club we should challenge.

cant see us taking a large support, times are hard, people with families will still be paying for xmas. you can see with our home attendances this year that people cannot afford/ are no longer interested in football.

i can see it now the chick youngs, traynors and their media mates taking the p1ss as they did the night hardly anyone turned up on a freezing cold midweek for the cup replay at dunfermline, or the stennie game this year, the radio commentator at the penalty shoot out was laughing each time we scored a penalty------ to silence

perth should have been the venue, a sell out, great atmosphere. we will be outnumbered about 10-1 in edinburgh.

the club should be pushing for travel to be paid out of the gate receipts but to quote kenny cameron in todays courier "playing in edinburgh is a bit extra for our fans to travel .... unfortunately that is the way it is.

well kenny unfortunately this supporter and the others from my 4 season tickets will be taking a stance on this one.we always watch ict in edinburgh as i have relatives there and we make a weekend out of it, not this time i am afraid, and kenny "unfortunately that is the way it is"

cant see us taking a large support, times are hard, people with families will still be paying for xmas. you can see with our home attendances this year that people cannot afford/ are no longer interested in football.

perth should have been the venue

Nobody is doubting times are hard for people, but if you are citing ICT not having a large support due to that issue then its irrelevant whether its Hampden, Easter Road or as you suggest Perth since the costs traveling to any of these venues is going to be approximately the same give or take a few quid.

Oh and as for the media and Chick Young etc, I don't personally care what they think and I'm sure most of the other ICT fans don't as well. Unless its a central belt team they see it as just an inconvenience for travel and think of us as living in a back-water - for that reason we need to get behind the team and 'shove two fingers up at them all' by getting to a final!!!

Edited by bdu98196
  • Agree 4

The SFA keep getting mentioned on this thread but I thought this was the League Cup and under the juristiction of Mr Longmuir and co. I cannot understand why the ill feeling about Easter Road. If we were playing Celtic at Hampden (less than two miles between the grounds) would we object. Also this is not news as the SFL said only one semi would be at Hampden. Don yer kilts and lets enjoy another historical day in the short but brilliant history of the Highlands number 1 club.

Jeeez.

MacDairmid and Dens. TOO SMALL. 10,000 seats. Hearts will sell 10,000 anyway. People would miss out on tickets.

Tannadump. 14,000 tickets. Possibility but might still be a bit tight.

Pittodrie- holds enough but a crap venue.

Hampden. Too big. The cost of rent means we‘d make no money.

Easter Road. Perfect! 18,000 seats. Not too big. not too small Fantastic stadium which can generate great atmosphere. Friendly pubs around ER. Hearts will out number us where ever we go anyway!!! Good decision.

Some of our fans are sounding like Kenny Shiels ;)

• Agree 3

i accept if the game is at hampden, that is where we have to play. but to change venue to your opponents city, that is a ridiculous decision and one as a club we should challenge.

i can see it now the chick youngs, traynors and their media mates taking the p1ss as they did the night hardly anyone turned up on a freezing cold midweek for the cup replay at dunfermline, or the stennie game this year, the radio commentator at the penalty shoot out was laughing each time we scored a penalty------ to silence

perth should have been the venue, a sell out, great atmosphere. we will be outnumbered about 10-1 in edinburgh.

the club should be pushing for travel to be paid out of the gate receipts but to quote kenny cameron in todays courier "playing in edinburgh is a bit extra for our fans to travel .... unfortunately that is the way it is.

well kenny unfortunately this supporter and the others from my 4 season tickets will be taking a stance on this one.we always watch ict in edinburgh as i have relatives there and we make a weekend out of it, not this time i am afraid, and kenny "unfortunately that is the way it is"

Not wishing to disrespect your views but is not going just cutting off your nose to spite your face! We are one game away from a national final for heaven sakes and Im sure ER will be bouncing. Im sure the players will be well up for getting to the final and we need to support them all we can. As for money well I dont think there will be much difference going to Perth or Edinburgh really in the grand scheme of things and had it been hampden it would have been virtually the same distance anyway.

bishbashbosh - you highlighted the word ‘change‘. They didn‘t ‘change‘ the venue.

They already contacted Hibs before the draw. They had also contacted St Johnstone. We would have been in Perth if we had Midden. Hampden if we had Celtic. Due to size of Hearts support, ER was booked if they got us (and i‘d guess if they got Midden also). I cant remember who tweeted this info but it was a well known journalist.

Hampden is very expensive. The rent would be too much for less than half empty stadium. Perth is too small a stadium for Hearts in a semi final.

Go and support yer team!

• Agree 3

Am I alone in feeling that Easter Road is the best option. The crowd and the atmosphere at Hampden would be crapp. Hearts were always be going to take the bigger support and there will a far bigger crowd and atmosphere at Easter Road. I suspect that we will be allocated the "away end" and seats in the adjoining stand. Hope that we can get a wee singing section booked though. Perth is too small and Dundee grounds are not really that atmospheric. Pittodrie may be equidistant but it will not attract many to the seashore at that time of years. Then add the fact that we can enjoy a pint in the Hibee bars in Leith and we could get some crack cocaine and even a prostitute with relative ease.

I nominate this for post of the week simply because it has the word "equidistant" in it.

Marvelous.