Scotty

After David Raven's start to the season, which was not spectacular to say the least, I am happy to eat my words and say he was my Man of the Match today. What an improvement, game by game. Well done, David. Credit where credit is due.

• Agree 6

Yep. think it says fu(k 0ff Johndo, but not sure.......... :ohmy:

Yep. think it says fu(k 0ff Johndo, but not sure.......... :ohmy:

yep think it says that too ! but in a strange sounding way! :ohmy:

That's exactly what I thought too. Thanks for the interpretation manfer.

Dissapointing to draw after starting brighter and scoring a terrific goal. I felt had we pressed harder a 2nd goal might have knocked the stuffing out of them but it didn't happen. We need to make a few more of our attacks count as we always looked far more dangerous than Hearts. But credit to Hearts. It was a nervy start from them but midway through the first half they began to get stuck in and our midfield and front players were given very little time on the ball. We were not as fluid as of late and we did not find our passes as well, but in a large part I think that was down to the pressure Hearts applied.

Raven, Warren and Meekings were our standout players. Most of Hearts' success came when attacking Shinnie and he looked vulnerable at times.

Roberts was again disappointing. He has talent but seems scared to take defenders on. I hate to say it, but he seems to be going backwards and not developing at all. Doran did not have his best game but always looked far more effective than Roberts.

OTJ scored a great goal but otherwise failed to impress. That may have had something to do with the return of Foran as I don't feel OTJ and Foran work together as well as OTJ and Draper do. I think we really missed Draper's presence in midfield today.

I'm never quite sure what to make of Foran. He does a lot of things very well. He works hard, he's great in the air and today he made several superb tackles and yet I tend to get the impression that the team plays better when he's not there. There is a tendency for him to follow the ball and the team loses shape. If Draper is fit for the next match it will need to be Roberts who gives way and I would put Foran in left midfield where he will be able to provide useful cover for G Shinnie who should be encouraged to be more attack minded than he was today.

And finally a word about a few of our moaning fans again. Yes it was a generally poor team performance by this season's standards and it was disappointing to lose a late goal but that does not excuse the significant exodus when Hearts scored. A bloke in front of me got up in disgust and said he was "not watching anymore of this nonsense". FFS! We are just 2 points off the top of the SPL and have now gone 10 games since we last lost! We are also 1 more point further ahead of County than we were this morning. So all in all, I think that's pretty good. If Barcelona can lose to Celtic, surely we can be excused for drawing with Hearts.

• Agree 3

Yes , seems a harsh judgement to walk out . It's the kind of thing that a fairweather fan might do really. Of course he will retort that he paid his money and can do what he likes. Just let him go.

What does concern me is the low attendance at today's home match. Our players are ball players from what I can judge, work very hard and the pace is fast, we are third in the league and could go on "not losing" for many more games so what on earth can a fan have to moan about?

The only thing that I also want to moan about is the font thing. Vision impaired people cannot read what you are writing unless you select a larger, clearer font. Please use Times New Roman (as an example) since that fits the bill neatly and is the accepted font for writing books - which must mean something to you does it? Anyway thank you in advance for your co-operation.

• Agree 2

Dissapointing to draw after starting brighter and scoring a terrific goal. I felt had we pressed harder a 2nd goal might have knocked the stuffing out of them but it didn't happen. We need to make a few more of our attacks count as we always looked far more dangerous than Hearts. But credit to Hearts. It was a nervy start from them but midway through the first half they began to get stuck in and our midfield and front players were given very little time on the ball. We were not as fluid as of late and we did not find our passes as well, but in a large part I think that was down to the pressure Hearts applied.

Raven, Warren and Meekings were our standout players. Most of Hearts' success came when attacking Shinnie and he looked vulnerable at times.

Roberts was again disappointing. He has talent but seems scared to take defenders on. I hate to say it, but he seems to be going backwards and not developing at all. Doran did not have his best game but always looked far more effective than Roberts.

OTJ scored a great goal but otherwise failed to impress. That may have had something to do with the return of Foran as I don't feel OTJ and Foran work together as well as OTJ and Draper do. I think we really missed Draper's presence in midfield today.

I'm never quite sure what to make of Foran. He does a lot of things very well. He works hard, he's great in the air and today he made several superb tackles and yet I tend to get the impression that the team plays better when he's not there. There is a tendency for him to follow the ball and the team loses shape. If Draper is fit for the next match it will need to be Roberts who gives way and I would put Foran in left midfield where he will be able to provide useful cover for G Shinnie who should be encouraged to be more attack minded than he was today.

And finally a word about a few of our moaning fans again. Yes it was a generally poor team performance by this season's standards and it was disappointing to lose a late goal but that does not excuse the significant exodus when Hearts scored. A bloke in front of me got up in disgust and said he was "not watching anymore of this nonsense". FFS! We are just 2 points off the top of the SPL and have now gone 10 games since we last lost! We are also 1 more point further ahead of County than we were this morning. So all in all, I think that's pretty good. If Barcelona can lose to Celtic, surely we can be excused for drawing with Hearts.

I good post on the game today but I think the mass exodus had more to do with fans going to get in the Q for tickets for the County game, most fans about me in section F North Stand were doing just that and although disappointed we could not hang on for a win there were not the complaints like last season which is a good thing, no disrespect to the team!

• Agree 1

Spot on. I left early only because I had to try and get my tickets for the County game before rushing back to the station to get a train to Aberdeen. I would imagine most of those leaving were trying to get their Derby tickets as well.

Dave the Rave my MOTM. Our back line is looking fantastic.

Some of the players had a bug. I believe that is why Pepper was not on the bench. Even some starting XI were not fully fit- Heard through the grapevine at thhe game yesterday.

It was similar to the Killie game in that we had a great first half but a poor second.

With regards to Phillip Roberts yesterday. I know he gave the ball away alot (as did A. Shinnie and Doran and others) but his positioning and space awareness infront of Ryan McGowan stopped one of Hearts biggest form of attack getting into the game. I'm sure T.V coverage won't show this side of the game but from the Main Stand it was obvious a job he had been given. The romour about sickness in the side could answer alot of questions about some players (Foran spent most of the last 5 mins not moving stood with his hands on his hips). The old saying of " The sign of a good side is getting something from a game you don't play well in" very much applies to yesterday. Last season we would have lost that game.

Have to agree with all those praising Dave the Raven, I was vocal in his poor early displays, but vastly improving game by game, keeping it nice and simple and puts in a mean cross now and again.

Pass me another slice o that humble pie, yum yum

• Agree 2

There was something up with Roberts yesterday. Noticed he was warming up on his own and be had a very poor game. Didn't seem interested at all. I think that he might have fallen out with the players or something.

Edited by MissICT

There was something up with Roberts yesterday. Noticed he was warming up on his own and be had a very poor game. Didn't seem interested at all. I think that he might have fallen out with the players or something.

Did not think he warmed up the whole game!

Mr Butcher certainly did not sound like a manager who was aware that a virus had struck the team:

Today was more frustration because we've played really well this season. We should've won the game and we had opportunities to get the second goal and didn't.

"For the fourth or fifth time a team has scored against us in the last five or six minutes of a match and stopped us winning the game."

The Highlanders now sit in fourth place on 19 points, two behind joint leaders Celtic, Hibernian and Aberdeen.

"It's such a unique experience for my players," added Butcher. "It's heady stuff and sometimes it's how you accept that or deal with that that determines whether you do win the match or not.

"I don't think we dealt with it well today because we looked sluggish and not as fired up as we have been in the past."

Echo the comments about Dave the Rave. He was solid enough. Distribution poor at times and he doesn't often get forward to support Doran or whoever plays right midfield but he contained the threat of Driver and let very little get past him down his side. Coming along nicely and hopefully it continues.

Interesting to see the County highlights. Without Fraser the score could have been a lot more. The defending was absolutely woeful. Quite the worst I've seen in the SPL all season.

Thought they had 2 of the best defenders in the SPL :wink:

• Agree 1

After seeing the highlights of the match, the ICT clearly has to win by more than 1 goal. The other team does not get to the area of Toni party at any time, just at that penalty, but it costs a lot to ICT to score, you have to create many opportunities to make a goal and pays forgiving.

After seeing the highlights of the match, the ICT clearly has to win by more than 1 goal. The other team does not get to the area of Toni party at any time, just at that penalty, but it costs a lot to ICT to score, you have to create many opportunities to make a goal and pays forgiving.

We made better chances than Hearts but they did most of the attacking in the second half. A draw was probably a fair result.

Raul, what are people in Spain saying about Celtic beating Barcelona?