Paul Dixon (Huddersfield)D

Craig Samson (St Mirren)G

With the squad above how would you play a team

The best I can come up with is:

Bell

Whittaker, Berra, Hanley, Webster

Naismith, Kelly, Shinnie, Fletcher

Griffiths, Miller

Have left out the two Celtics cos I feel they'll drop out of the squad anyway.

This is a fixture managerless Scotland could do without. Many players have voted with their feet, and I fear that some of the remainder will just want to show face for part of the game. The newcomers on the other hand will be raring to go.

Webster at left-back?? Can't see Sicknote getting up and down the wings over effectively.

I know it's a very proud day for Inverness but, let's face it, AShinnie is no Souness. Maybe blooding for the future but he's still a long way to go.

If you look at the list chief there is only five defenders to choose from and I think the chosen CB's are maybe more suited to that role so the choice at LB is Webster or Dixon. As for a comparison between Shinnie and Souness I'd never say there was one but then again I'd never compare anyone who came since to Souness. Its unlikely Scotland will ever see another one.

Webster at left-back?? Can't see Sicknote getting up and down the wings over effectively.

I know it's a very proud day for Inverness but, let's face it, AShinnie is no Souness. Maybe blooding for the future but he's still a long way to go.

If you look at the list chief there is only five defenders to choose from and I think the chosen CB's are maybe more suited to that role so the choice at LB is Webster or Dixon. As for a comparison between Shinnie and Souness I'd never say there was one but then again I'd never compare anyone who came since to Souness. Its unlikely Scotland will ever see another one.

Given that Dixon is a left-back, he seems the natural choice. Even Hanley or Kelly would be a better choice at LB. Webster just isn't mobile after all that time out, though I do rate him as a central defender. Oh, and I wasn't having a go at you over Souness/Shinnie. Just lamenting how far Scotland have fallen in talent. Yep, I know he is one of ours but still....

bell

whittaker berra webster dixon

kelly fletcher ©

naismith a.shinnie davidson

miller

i obviously rigged it to fit shinnie in but see no reason why he shouldnt start. very much lacking a left sided player, so think griffiths could end up playing wide left but doubt he has the work rate for it.

back line seems strong, should be able to cope with luxembourgs part timers anyway.

miller instead of rhodes due to his loyalty to his nation coming from canada to play for us whilst 9 players based in britain couldnt be arsed. and theres no way all 9 are injured. he hasnt came from canada for nothing. if every one of our players were as committed to scotland as kenny wed be on route to rio or wouldve made it to the euros. say what you want about him being to old not good enough etc, but he keeps getting the call and there isnt a doubt that he'll show up. have to respect his commitment. darren fletchers another one who will always turn up. all the thiasco with steven fletcher and he cant be arsed to turn up again. im sick of players like him. not taking up the opportunity to play for your nation is a sin in my book.

• Agree 2

all the thiasco with steven fletcher and he cant be arsed to turn up again. im sick of players like him. not taking up the opportunity to play for your nation is a sin in my book.

Apparently he is injured just like the other 7 or 8 that have pulled out. Fact is no manager, very lowly poor opponents, fitting the fixture in right between league, European and domestic cup games heading towards xmas - no wonder they don't want to play, the whole game is facial IMO. Perhaps if CL was still in place or a new manager then players would have been more careful to avoid injury in their last club matches ;)

-----------------------------Gilks----------------

---Whittaker----- Berra----- Webster------- Dixon

Naisy-------------- Fletcher--------------- Kelly---------

---------------------- Shinnie--------------------------------------

----------Griffths----------------Miller-----------------------

• Agree 1

bell

kelly fletcher ©

miller

i obviously rigged it to fit shinnie in but see no reason why he shouldnt start. very much lacking a left sided player, so think griffiths could end up playing wide left but doubt he has the work rate for it.

back line seems strong, should be able to cope with luxembourgs part timers anyway.

miller instead of rhodes due to his loyalty to his nation coming from canada to play for us whilst 9 players based in britain couldnt be arsed. and theres no way all 9 are injured. he hasnt came from canada for nothing. if every one of our players were as committed to scotland as kenny wed be on route to rio or wouldve made it to the euros. say what you want about him being to old not good enough etc, but he keeps getting the call and there isnt a doubt that he'll show up. have to respect his commitment. darren fletchers another one who will always turn up. all the thiasco with steven fletcher and he cant be arsed to turn up again. im sick of players like him. not taking up the opportunity to play for your nation is a sin in my book.

Admire your praise of Miller but I dont think he'll be travelling from Canada. I could be wrong but I think his season is over now because the Whitecaps have been eliminated from the MLS Cup.

bell

kelly fletcher ©

miller

Admire your praise of Miller but I dont think he'll be travelling from Canada. I could be wrong but I think his season is over now because the Whitecaps have been eliminated from the MLS Cup.

Even if he was in uk at the time of the call he's came from afar before. I remember during his time at bursaspor he had a 12 hour flight to get to the Scotland camp. And he's also being coming from Canada to play in the qualifiers. Whereas others ant be ersed coming from England to represent their country. If I was Scotland manager if be giving kenny the call. At least you know he'll turn up. I can't remember him pulling out of a squad for donkeys.

I hope you lose it all. But it has to be said that Luxembourg beat Macedonia this year, while Scotland didn't. And now we have our weakest squad of all time, managerial disarray and a lack of preparation.

....and on that basis, we're certain to win by 3 clear goals.