Luxembourg v Scotland

Alex MacLeod

Must rank as one of the worst games of football in the long list of worst games of football ever, with Scotland featuring in most of them. Imagine being skinned time and time again by Luxembourg; I ask you.

Very average Scotland team which has little resemblance to the players which would feature in a serious game. Showed us that Rhodes can score - not sure what else can be taken from it? 2-1 win over a team ranked 10000th in the world (ok I know they are actually 144th, but I think most people struggle to name another 143 world countries anyways!!!)

Don't get the point in having played Miller - will he actually be featuring in the next qualifier campaign based on his age, level he is now playing at and his lack of goals? Fletcher & Naismith - we know what they can do, they will feature as part of our squad so why bother to play them in this type of game? Should have promoted another few from the U21's - Feruoz looks a decent prospect!!! Looking at Engerlund they played a 17 yo last night based on a handful of Liverpool appearances, so why do we always wait until they are in their 20's?

Watching Miller playing for the Whitecaps one could not but think..how the mighty hath fallen..He just did not get involved nearly enough in allthe games he played in. ON a salary of over $1,000,000 he had to do something significant to justify his place but, to be honest, I am beginning to wonder if the Whitecaps will hire him again next season..