Scotty

Personally I've never boo'd my team in my life although there's many a time when I have not applauded at the end. But I have sympathy for Renegade's point of view here. I don't buy the argument that just because the team were on a 10 game unbeaten run it was wrong to boo them after a 5 - 1 mauling. In fact, you could argue that because they had been doing so well previously, such a poor performance was even more inexcusable and therefore deserved even more of a show of displeasure.

Let's turn this around. If the team had been on a 10 match run without a win and had then beaten Motherwell 5 -1 in a breathtaking display of silky football, would those who are criticising Renegade refrain from cheering them at the end on the basis that they had been dire in the previous 10 games? No. Of course not! The reaction to a performance should be appropriate to that specific performance and not what has gone before.

If we adopt the philosophy of praise where praise is due, criticism where criticism is due and support at all times then we won't go far wrong.

Fantastic result today though.

7th Nov 2012 Celtic 2 Barcelona 1

24th Nov 2012 Celtic 0 Inverness 1

That, I Like.

Have only been to Parkhead twice to watch ICT, both times we won. Just need to see a League Cup win there now for the hat-trick!

Was sleeping with the enemy yesterday (never again) but was funny to hear the home crowd version of events, rage levels rising with each refs decision which went against them and the clock ticking towards full time.

I wish we had buried them with the missed sitter to go 2-0 up - I would have been the only one left in the home end and I could have celebrated properly.

Well done ICT and thoroughly deserved all 3 points.

• Agree 2

Just about feckin sober - what a feckin away day. We decided not to go back to the London Road Tavern after the game !! I spoke to a lot of Cellic fans on the train home and they were full of praise for us rather than slagging their team off.

Just a reminder after reading through these posts. We didnt have a bad day at the office we had 200 minutes of dreadful football. We had 200 minutes of lining up four people across an imaginary 30 yard line from our goals. We had people playing as if they had never met each other before and the majority showing little if any zest or determination to play for the shirt. The last 20 minutes at Kllie could be excused by tiredness after the midweek Ibrox heroics but the next TWO games were abysmal - both at home on a Sunday and in front of a nationwide TV audience. The only feckin virus that I suffered was feckin embarassment.

So what happened yesterday. Well the committment was clear for all to see. The "thrill" of playing at Parkhead and playing Cellic may well have spurred a few on. Plus they had something to prove. But to me there were some tactical changes. The back four held a much higher line and Raven and Shinnie both played in a defensive mode and were covering the central pairing. Warren took on the centre half role and meekings was more of deeper sweeping partner. Doran and Roberts played deeper but always went wide when we had the ball and the others looked to feed them instead of hoofing. Foran was immense, back in the central midfield position and he was the worker which allowed OTJ a bit more space. A.Shinnie was given a roving role and that was evident in the last 20 when cellic began to tire. The pace of Roberts and McKay scared Cellic. McKay was not played as a target, he sat on the last Cellic defender. Cellics shooting was also very, very poor but we pressed the ball this week and we never stood off and let people shoot.

REGUERO :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: I will give him MOM. He could have been shaky after the end of Well game but he didnt feckin show it. Cellics shooting gave him a helping hand but he also made 2-3 great saves although he does love to showboat. But to me it was his energy that impressed me and he always looked to play a quick, simple ball.

RAVEN :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: An example of consistency and confidence personified.

WARREN :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: Thought that he was also immense. Played in the role of a more traditional center half but won everything.

MEEKINGS :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: Played his part, allowed Warren to take the lead, but a fine supporting role.

G.SHINNIE :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: Evidently told to think more about the defensive side of his game. Not as attack minded as usual but a lot more effective as a full back.

ROBERTS :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: He could quite a bit of stick and i bet many would have preferred him to be warming the bench when he put in a glorious cross for the winner. He is far from the finished article and I still dont think he is comfortable playing wide but - how may times was he the "out" choice for the others ? - how many times did he hug the touch line and actually take people on ? - How many times did he plough a lonely furrow and ate up the seconds ? Shure he fecked it up as much as he succeeded but his mere pace shook that Cellic defence and they ended up double marking him at times.

FORAN :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: Captain fantastic again. He always gives that type of performance when he is in the feckin middle of it when we have our backs to the walls. Puts Brown in to the shade.

OTJ :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: Looked far more comfortable beside Foran who did all the dirty work and allowed OTJ some space and time and the opportunity to sneak forward.

DORAN :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: A bit like Roberts to me although he looks far more comfortable on the ball and gave Cellic the willies when he drifted inside. But what a feckin miss

MCKAY :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: Great shift which probably went unnoticed to many but he is a natural goalscorer and should have added to his tally. Again the Cellic central defenders found him a handful because of his constant movement and he was played on the feckin shoulder of the last defender instead of being a nullified target.

• Agree 4

Great summary as per Johndo.

Roberts did brilliantly at the goal as he left two defenders doing synchronised arse sliding with himself going the opposite way, comedy genius, great ball to McKay who guided into the open space. Superb goal.

• Agree 1

A great performance from ICT. We started in a composed organised manner, solid at the back and moving the ball well through the team. We played at aslower pace than usual for this season, often moving the ball from defence. After the shambles of last weekends game, the same back four were balanced and organised. When we went forward we passed well, moving the ball out wide and through the midfield. We didn't manage to create any real clear cut chances and at times fell backdeep to defend but we limited Celtic to a few long range shot and crosses. Celtic stepped up the pace before half tme and Lustig had the best chance but he stuck it into the side netting.

My brother said that he thought Butcher told the team at half time that Cetic were there for the taking and we presseda bit more after half time. Aaron Doran drove forward well when he was in possession and Shinnie was carrying the ball well. We started to get the ball into dangerous areas more often and forced a couple of corners, one clearence from Ambrose nearly ended up in his own net. When the goal came, it wasn't undeserved. Phlip Roberts, anonymous most of the game, picked up on the right, cut inside and laid up for Billy McKay to tap it home. We almost scored a fantastic second just after this, when Shinnie and McKay exchanged passes and Tudor-Jones broke into the area but his flick was blocked.

Celtic stepped up the pace and, as you'd expect, forced us back. They had most of the ball, helped by Scott Brown coming on, but we were equal to most efforts. There were a couple of scrambled efforts, I think one hit he post, although it's difficult to see from the other end of the ground. We had a couple of breaks,including one that should have seen us wrap the match up in the last five minutes. We pushed out of defence, Doran attacked the heart of the Celtic defence very directly and made a perfectly timed pass to McKay. His shot beat Forster but rebounded from the underside of the bar to Doran, who took an age to get his shot away, giving Ambrose time to get back for the block.

All told, a great win. Really important to come back strongly after the horrorshow of last Sunday and it was good to see that we can play well without Ross Draper. So pleased for the team and fans. Big couple of games coming up now.

• Agree 3

A great day out and a memorable result. Well done, ICT. Strange not to see the "turn your backs on the game" scenarios being played out by the Celtic fans - aw shame - Septic weren't winning. It was great to be there, surrounded by so many players families and friends who had travelled so far (including Spain) to witness another ICT historic event. Still smiling. It really was "Paradise" for us, but maybe not the green and white brigade who have that name for Parkhead.

REGUERO I will give him MOM. He could have been shaky after the end of Well game but he didnt feckin show it. Cellics shooting gave him a helping hand but he also made 2-3 great saves although he does love to showboat. But to me it was his energy that impressed me and he always looked to play a quick, simple ball.

RAVEN An example of consistency and confidence personified.

WARREN Thought that he was also immense. Played in the role of a more traditional center half but won everything.

MEEKINGS Played his part, allowed Warren to take the lead, but a fine supporting role.

G.SHINNIE Evidently told to think more about the defensive side of his game. Not as attack minded as usual but a lot more effective as a full back.

ROBERTS He could quite a bit of stick and i bet many would have preferred him to be warming the bench when he put in a glorious cross for the winner. He is far from the finished article and I still dont think he is comfortable playing wide but - how may times was he the "out" choice for the others ? - how many times did he hug the touch line and actually take people on ? - How many times did he plough a lonely furrow and ate up the seconds ? Shure he fecked it up as much as he succeeded but his mere pace shook that Cellic defence and they ended up double marking him at times.

FORAN Captain fantastic again. He always gives that type of performance when he is in the feckin middle of it when we have our backs to the walls. Puts Brown in to the shade.

OTJ Looked far more comfortable beside Foran who did all the dirty work and allowed OTJ some space and time and the opportunity to sneak forward.

DORAN A bit like Roberts to me although he looks far more comfortable on the ball and gave Cellic the willies when he drifted inside. But what a feckin miss

MCKAY Great shift which probably went unnoticed to many but he is a natural goalscorer and should have added to his tally. Again the Cellic central defenders found him a handful because of his constant movement and he was played on the feckin shoulder of the last defender instead of being a nullified target.

Had to copy and paste as it wouldn't let me quote but did no-one else find it remarkable we beat Septic with ten men??

Feck me

SHINNIE A got four smileys - Given a roving role where he was allowed to play make and support McKay but more importantly was not overshadowed by Foran and finally we have a manner in which to play them both effectively.

And I have just found the European Cup under ma bed.

Just seen the bbc 4 minutes plus, very one-sided towards Septic and not the game that I saw yesterday. Thats editing for you. Booo but I'm still smiling and will still be smiling for yonks (old Invernessian word).

• Agree 1

Just seen the bbc 4 minutes plus, very one-sided towards Septic and not the game that I saw yesterday. Thats editing for you. Booo but I'm still smiling and will still be smiling for yonks (old Invernessian word).

That's why our own report just shows the only important highlight during the game........and the arse sliding combo :laugh:

Aye crusher was crushed but his 100% Parkheid record goes on, and the good news is he will be up for the County cup cracker next week.