• 9 months later...

*Think I'll give this thread a wee bump...*

• Attacking, entertaining, effective football
  • More strength in depth than last season, with essentially all positions covered and covered well
  • A more settled, stable defence than Celtic
  • A striker scoring for fun (which Celtic don't really have, and also scored more goals last season than the "wonderboy" who left them)
  • Top of the league and flying

No team outside the Old Firm has won the top division in Scotland since the 1980s, but someone else is going to have to win it eventually.  Just because it hasn't been done for a long time, doesn't mean it can't be done.  It CAN be done.

Will it be done is one thing, but can we do it?  In all honesty, I think we can.

• Agree 3

Lets enjoy the run, lets focus on picking up points while Celtic concentrate on the CL.

We have a better squad than last year but as yet we havent had to dip into it and see what the depth is like outside the first 11. Hopefully this international break wont affect our run but I cant see on current form us loosing a game until we next play Celtic.

Come January we will get a better picture of how far Celtic will get pushed by us or others, I'd love to say that if we stayed top then the pressure might be too much for Celtic but I fear that its us that may bottle it. Personally I'd like to see a major effort in both cup competitions as I really believe we can make it to Hampden* at least once this season.

*before someone posts about Commonwealth games etc .......... I know the cup final venue is TBC

Like to revisit this in January, will have better idea then, Celtic will be tied up a lot with CL, its bound to take its toll and they aint as strong as lays year IMO.

Would love a good cup run and day out at Hampden, feel after watching the U20s we are a bit better equipped for injuries/suspensions this year.

As usual time will tell, but it could be a he'll of a journey.

Top six has again to be the first objective and clearly achievable - second place is the ultimate and is achievable with LUCK and fortune in regard to injury and suspension - top three and a place in Europe is also achievable. Getting to a Cup Final is the potentially most pleasing from a fan perspective.

• Agree 1

We can win this League, if we carry the luck that we need and play to our strengths all year. that's a tough ask, but then so is winning anything. We have not met anyone so far that frightens us in terms of of ability, so aye it can be done. If we win against killie and aberdeen then its a definite yes.

My money's on it. Literally.

Renegade! I'll give you 400/1 odds that Inverness win the league! PM me and I'll happily take your wager!!!

(DISCLASIMER: Odds quoted are available only until Friday 13th September 2013.)

I'll take a tenner at those odds....better than the £50 I've got on with the bookie at 200/1

My early hunch this season is that Celtic are playing a lot better domestically, they got off to a terrible start last year but have picked up two good away wins where they may have faltered last season (Aberdeen and United). They also played well to come back against us at home, something they couldn't do last term. If this ICT side was up against last years Celtic then we would run them a lot closer.

Can we win the league? Of course we can, we just need to avoid complacency unlike last year. We need to avoid all talk about 'special' seasons and we need management to be ruthless in making changes on a game to game basis pre match as well as during. Just because we go out and beat Hearts 2-0, it doesn't mean we automatically have to play the same starting 11 against Kilmarnock the following game.

Getting a game the week after a win shouldn't be seen as a reward, winning the game is the reward, by the Sunday morning it should be forgotten about and we start again for the next with all 11 places up for grabs in training.

We obviously have the players to do it, we just need the mentality to do it, all talk about budgets and squad depth have to be kept to a minimum. If anyone in our ranks doesn't feel capable of winning every game they step out onto the park for then they shouldn't be at the club or management have made a mistake in putting them out there.

I wouldn't care if we finished bottom and got relegated, as long as it wasn't complacency, stubborn management or stupid mistakes keeping us there.

• Agree 2

If we keep the momentum going while Celtic get distracted by European football then there is no reason why we cant be in with a chance.

Can we win it? Definitely.

Will we win it? The realist in me says no, but i didnt believe we had what it took to finish so highly last season.

I believe anything is possible, the more we play the way we do then the more i cant help but think "Can we?". 

As Chris Gardner once said to me - "Johndo, the world is your oyster. It's up to you to find the pearls.” and then the beautiful Louis May Alcott (or Lu as I knew her) added "Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they lead"

As Chris Gardner once said to me - "Johndo, the world is your oyster. It's up to you to find the pearls.” and then the beautiful Louis May Alcott (or Lu as I knew her) added "Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they lead"

That's a No then !

Renegade! I'll give you 400/1 odds that Inverness win the league! PM me and I'll happily take your wager!!!

(DISCLASIMER: Odds quoted are available only until Friday 13th September 2013.)

I'll take a tenner at those odds....better than the £50 I've got on with the bookie at 200/1

Sorry, CaleyD, the bet was only for Renegade!