C'mon guys get a grip anyone who thinks we can actually win the league are wired to the moon

Afraid Celtic will win the league at a canter and I'd guess by at least 18pts

Yes in one off games the odd team like ourselves will take points off them but in the course of a full season we won't keep up and never will keep up due to the difference of money both clubs have and that gap will get greater each year providing they keep qualifying for the group stages each year

We are a club who at present should be aiming for the top six each year and possibly a crack at European football

Other than finishing runners up and european football the main goal should be a cup final appearance

Dougal

As Chris Gardner once said to me - "Johndo, the world is your oyster. It's up to you to find the pearls.” and then the beautiful Louis May Alcott (or Lu as I knew her) added "Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they lead"

That's a No then !

That is a "maybe" and always will be.

C'mon guys get a grip anyone who thinks we can actually win the league are wired to the moon

Yes in one off games the odd team like ourselves will take points off them but in the course of a full season we won't keep up and never will keep up due to the difference of money both clubs have and that gap will get greater each year providing they keep qualifying for the group stages each year

We are a club who at present should be aiming for the top six each year and possibly a crack at European football

Other than finishing runners up and european football the main goal should be a cup final appearance

Dougal

Did you renew your County season ticket?

I really couldn't care less about the cups just a distraction to the league which i think we can win. Were playing better football than Celtic and have a prolific striker which they don't, also the distraction of the CL. As for the other teams have you seen anyone bar Celtic that's even come close to the ability were playing? If we keep playing the same style as we have done and stay injury free i think we can do it.

• Agree 2

Dougal

I havent read all the posts on this thread......but from thos that i have read...i pretty much agree with this ^

Dougal

I havent read all the posts on this thread......but from thos that i have read...i pretty much agree with this ^

I agree, but I didn't want to admit that Dougal was right.

Ach, I'm going to bite. I know I shouldn't but anyway what reason is there to think that we won't win this League? We've yet to play anyone who has posed us major difficulty, never mind looking like beating us. The transfer window isn't the best, but what it has done is fix the squads of our opponents (as it has ours) and there's nothing frightening there. It also gives us the knowledge they won't improve before Christmas. Even Celtic haven't strengthened to the degree that they wanted to, and that's why they didn't win the League by 18 points last year and they won't this year. On the other hand, our squad has improved to the extent of us having strength in depth all over the field - remember it's only really Brill and Vincent who have come in, and those now on the bench are far stronger than last year. Build up maximum points between now and Christmas and build up a buffer to negate late season buying by others/ injuries etc. That gives us an unmatchable opportunity to improve on our placing of last year, and if you're going to do that by 1 place, why not do it by 2 or 3? That's not being wired to the moon, it's being informedly optimistic and there's nowt wrong with that! :wink:

• Agree 1

Bottom line....i simply do not see us as the best team in Scotland. Sure....we got off to a flyer......and im enjoying being at the top as much as anyone.....but, i do think, come the end of the season, Dougal (regardless of what you think of him) his post is the one that is probably going to be the closest to being accurate in its content

Celtic would like a challenge but nobody is strong enough to compete with them. Hypothetically, If they perceived us at a threat in January, they could easily take Billy or Shinnie or Warren or anyone by offering x4 salaries and stick them on the bench. We're 5 games in with 33 to go! Anybody confident we can 'win the league' - the bookies will give you 200/1. And that's a rip off!

Neil Lennon's staff will have alerted him to the fact that the Inverness fans' forum has a thread on ICT winning the league...he wont say publically but privately he'll be pissing himself laughing and pinning it up in the changing room.

We need to keep it real.

• Agree 1