Tokely brands booing a disgrace

Yngwie

The point being when I go to watch ICT play I go to support ICT not to hurl abuse or boo an opponent just for the sake of it

If anything you come across like an old firm fan with that kind of medieval attitude

Defend the booing of Tokely all you want but you know it and I know it that it was wrong for you to boo him in the first derby

Dougal

You actually heard me boo him did you?

If you can find any words in my posts where I defend the booing of any single individual then please highlight them to me. Booing of opponents is part and parcel of supporting your own team, especially when they are on the ball. It goes on at many grounds around the country

Edited by Alex MacLeod

At the end of the day Tokely was a great servant to the club, and I will always respect him for his service. However as far as I am concerned he is now the enemy. He wasn't and isn't the greatest of footballers and even now I still wonder how he has even made a career out of football. It's all mind games trying to unsettle anyway IMO, if it was such a disgrace our fans booing him surely he would of come out and said what he did straight after the last derby not a couple of days before this one! Let Ross an his small time team get on with it who gives a flying f*ck about that lot anyway!!!

Ross Tokely......i'm sorry WHO???????

He was a legend with us and will always remain a legend but he's moved on to another club and it just happens to be are rivals. Every Cou*ty player should be getting BOOED. If they played for us or not they are the emeny BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MON THE NESS!!!!

• Agree 1

Dougal, I've read your posts and alex's posts and I can't see where Alex is being either medieval or, as you term it, wrong. Your continual telling of half truths, innuendo and just plain rubbish is tiresome. Take it somewhere else.

The point being when I go to watch ICT play I go to support ICT not to hurl abuse or boo an opponent just for the sake of it

If anything you come across like an old firm fan with that kind of medieval attitude

Defend the booing of Tokely all you want but you know it and I know it that it was wrong for you to boo him in the first derby

Dougal

Good feckin point. If you disagree you dont boo or deride you pay homage and derision in silence.

Dont single out Tokely........Boo the whole team

Dont single out Tokely........Boo the whole team

^^^^^^

would be better off at Eden Court seeing Mother Goose than attending the footie

I agree with Tokely the booing was a disgrace to be honest it was done by the minority but it was still hugely embarrassing, a guy that sweated blood over the years for this club should never have been disrespected in such a way and I would like to take this opportunity to appologise to him knowing that he will read this thread

Dougal

You'll be glad to hear....he wasn't boo'd by a minority today.

• Agree 1

I would never boo Rosscoe after the service he's given us and it appears he was treated a bit shabbily by the club when maybe TB should have just freed him if he wasn't wanted.

Mind you then County could have got him for much less for the reported £1k a week he's reported to be on, so maybe a good bit of business by TB!

However what a difference when you see a player without the rose tinted glasses on once he's not one of ours.

It was clear yesterday that the big man is finished. Look at the clumsy challenges he made all through the game, including the unnecessary foul which led to our first goal. Luckily for him he was not exposed to the pace of McKay or Doran at any time or no doubt it would have been a red card. Most of his work involved punting it the way he was facing. Yet he's been one of County's best players this season........

• Agree 4

Ive heard Tokely being called a wife basher by the county, Wilson got the Horses erse chant, Ive heard some pretty nasty comments chanted by Motherwell fans directed at our Manager,  Tokelys a big strong lad and he gets upset by a few boos???

Ive heard Tokely being called a wife basher by the county, Wilson got the Horses erse chant, Ive heard some pretty nasty comments chanted by Motherwell fans directed at our Manager,  Tokelys a big strong lad and he gets upset by a few boos???

john robertson basically called him a wee girl in commentary. i think he said he was a ''bit sensitive'' althoiugh cannot remember exactly what he said.

poor tokely. joins a club that can score last minute winners and not win.

john robertson basically called him a wee girl in commentary. i think he said he was a ''bit sensitive'' althoiugh cannot remember exactly what he said.

Shhhh ..... Robbo also asked that no-one tell Ross he said that :lol:

Anyhow, think this has now run its course ....

:spinquisition:

• 2 weeks later...

I just wouldn't boo an ex-player - particularly one who was such a legend while he was here. At the first derby I was totally surprised by the strength of the booing he got! But each to their own and I was more than happy to join in the Rossco chants when he gave away that penalty in the Cup Replay :lol: