Most Satisfying Last Minute Goal

Kingsmills

We have, over the years, scored a number of very satisfying goals in the dying seconds of important matches as well as falling victim to more than a few and there is no doubt that last Saturday's was one of the most satisfying but it is not my personal favourite.

That distinction goes to a cold winter evening in Methil when we were playing East Fife in a Scottish Cup replay when they were a division ahead of us and Steve Archibald was their player manager. The Fifers held an unmerited 1-0 lead deep into injury time when the egotistical Mr Archibald decided to substitute himself both to run down the remaining seconds and to milk the applause from the home fans. he walked off at a pace that could easily be matched by my aged mother. His reaction when big Herchy used the time the ref added on as a result of his antics to bundle in the equaliser was a sight to behold making Derek Adams seem like a gracious loser and was compounded when we went on to win on penalties.

One of my top ten best experiences while supporting our wonderful club without a doubt.

• Agree 3

Brewster in injury time at home to Hearts for 2-1 in September 2007. The significance was that we had lost our first 6 games of the season (when Christie quit) and it wasn't looking good again when we went a goal down. We pummelled them in the 2nd half and got an equaliser, then after 86 minutes the new manager brought himself on. He volleyed that cross in so hard I think it would have taken my head off if the net hadn't been there.  A goal which gave us hope and confidence and a rather hyper journey home.

• Agree 2

It is easily Saturday's for me. Nothing else has come even close. Infact I'm pretty sure that it's my favorite single goal since Paul Ritchie scored the 3rd vs St Johnstone.

It's our first ever Scottish Cup game against our biggest rivals, in Dingwall. Our fans had been singing all day and the atmosphere in our end was incredible. In contrast there was hardly a sound coming from the collection of traveling folk and farmers supposedly supporting the Highland's second team and we looked by far the better team. With 5 mins to go we are leading 2-1 and looking comfortable, job done, but then disaster strikes: Vigurs off all people scores with a huge deflection and in the third minute of injury time they get a dodgy free kick out wide which somehow we don't defend and they have put us out.

The shadows are delirious. Vigurs is the happiest man in Scotland (he has his revenge and he gleefully gestures to us all to show it). Adams is hugging everyone in in sight and jumping for joy (he's as happy as himself in his barn). And fecking Tokely, Ross Tokely 'club legend', a man upset at a wee bit off booing last month, is running around like he has won the Champions League, his joy at ICT's exit from the cup at the hands of county evident in his moronic grinning face.

Everyone is gutted, the look of delight on the gudgies faces is truly awful and the thought off heading back to the mallard for 2 hours until the next train is horrific. But then out of nowhere we have kicked off and OTJ has unleashed a strike from what seems like 40 yards out and we have a corner. 95 mins gone though so no chance surely? Yes chance. Corner comes in, someone heads it, Tokley has lost Foran, I can't see what the hell is is happening but the players are peeling away and the tinks are silent, OH MY GOD GOAL!!!!!

Bedlam in our stand, tears in the others. Tokely is truly devastated, Adams' daft wee baby face is contorted in pain and we are still in the cup.

THE HIGHLANDS ARE OURS!  :ictscarf:

• Agree 17

I can remember a Rooney penalty at home to Patrick to win 2-1 in the January of the 1st Division title campaign, it was just about the time we were starting to string a couple of results together and the controversial penalty we won kept the momentum going at that point. On saying that it doesn't even come close to this Saturday's effort

Saturdays goal against the bitters was for me the best. Just the way we did it. they had won, they were through to the draw. The whistle should have went at the restart but thanks to vigurs and brittains gloating celebrations we get a chance, then a corner then with absolutly last kick, a goal. To do that at your rivals home place while theyre singing cheerio at you is the best feeling in the world. It felt like a win!

Rankins humdinger against oldco comes in a close second!

It is easily Saturday's for me. Nothing else has come even close. Infact I'm pretty sure that it's my favorite single goal since Paul Ritchie scored the 3rd vs St Johnstone.

It's our first ever Scottish Cup game against our biggest rivals, in Dingwall. Our fans had been singing all day and the atmosphere in our end was incredible. In contrast there was hardly a sound coming from the collection of traveling folk and farmers supposedly supporting the Highland's second team and we looked by far the better team. With 5 mins to go we are leading 2-1 and looking comfortable, job done, but then disaster strikes: Vigurs off all people scores with a huge deflection and in the third minute of injury time they get a dodgy free kick out wide which somehow we don't defend and they have put us out.

The shadows are delirious. Vigurs is the happiest man in Scotland (he has his revenge and he gleefully gestures to us all to show it). Adams is hugging everyone in in sight and jumping for joy (he's as happy as himself in his barn). And fecking Tokely, Ross Tokely 'club legend', a man upset at a wee bit off booing last month, is running around like he has won the Champions League, his joy at ICT's exit from the cup at the hands of county evident in his moronic grinning face.

Everyone is gutted, the look of delight on the gudgies faces is truly awful and the thought off heading back to the mallard for 2 hours until the next train is horrific. But then out of nowhere we have kicked off and OTJ has unleashed a strike from what seems like 40 yards out and we have a corner. 95 mins gone though so no chance surely? Yes chance. Corner comes in, someone heads it, Tokley has lost Foran, I can't see what the hell is is happening but the players are peeling away and the tinks are silent, OH MY GOD GOAL!!!!!

Bedlam in our stand, tears in the others. Tokely is truly devastated, Adams' daft wee baby face is contorted in pain and we are still in the cup.

THE HIGHLANDS ARE OURS!  :ictscarf:

Post of the year for me...summed it up perfectly 

Edited by Alex MacLeod
No need to quote twice

One that will always stick in my mind was an away game at Cowdenbeath during our 1996/97 3rd Division Championship winning season.  We went one up early doors, Cowdenbeath came back at us and we we’re trailing 3-1 with 17 minutes to go.  Herchie pulls one back with 14 minutes to go and then we huff and puff and throw the kitchen sink at them until in the 89th minute we win a penalty.  Brian Thomson steps up to convert at which point the travelling support are going nuts thinking we’ve fluked a point.  Not to be outdone wee Stewarty pops up in injury time to seal an improbable away win.  Absolute mayhem ensues and the Cowden fans are doing their nuts at us.  An absolutely fantastic day out watching a legendary ICT side in their pomp.  Anyone else on here at this one?

19th October 1996

Cowdenbeath (3) vs. ICT (4)

Attendance : 330

Cowdenbeath goals:

Petrie (17)
Winter (49)
McMahon (73)

ICT goals:

Brian Thomson (4)
Alan Hercher (76)
Brian Thomson (pen) (89)
Iain Stewart (90)

Starting line-up:

Jim Calder
Mike Noble
Richard Hastings
Iain MacArthur
Charlie Christie
Davie Ross
Mike Teasdale
Paul Cherry
Marco de Barros
Iain Stewart
Brian Thomson

With respect to IHE it was the goal that Russell Duncan didn't smash in against Falkirk when he had the opportunity on the 23rd of May 2009 that keeps me awake at nights.

Sorry for going off-topic but I keep remembering Foxy having a last minute one on one with the partick keeper for 3-1. He misses, partick go up the other end and Paul Ritchie wins a penalty to make it 2-2. We go out after a replay and Hearts beat Gretna in the final.

I suppose that pales into insignificance compared to the time c*lt*c robbed us with 2 late goals in the quarter final when they hadn't threatened all day.