Billy McKay?

Rival

He has been on form this season so far and he must be on plenty of clubs radar, Wigan, Watford, Crystal Palace, Preston and Hibs are reportedly interested, source ict fans Twitter and football-rumour.com, I would rule out Hibs and Preston looking at the other three are much bigger?

McKay is in the form of his life and clearly enjoying his time with Inverness.
Here's hoping he breaks the trend of jumping ship for something 'better' (like Rooney did when he hit his peak) when he could quite easily extend his contract, improve his game in a now stable squad, and when the time comes, generate some funds for the club when he does eventually head to new pastures

I would not be altogether surprised if we cashed in January and took Adam Rooney on loan following his relatively unsuccessful loan spell at Swindon with a view to signing him in the summer when he becomes a free agent. I believe that Adam would be just as effective as Billy in the current set up.

if we were to get a very good offer for billy when a say very good i mean no less than 1mill then id be to take adam back. billys playing emense right now but if he was to go id be delighted to take adam back, but adams a hero of the past billy can be the new hero if we dont sell him. so on that bases id rather we kept bill than sell him and and get adam. although id love to have both. :twothumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Some interesting reading on the Foxes Talk forum. http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/85072-billy-mckay-the-return/ Looks like they don't rate him much which is a bit strange. I like how they've highlighted Lavvy as being a diddy club though.

Looks like it's full of the old south of the border "Scottish football is rubbish" ignorami again.

Some interesting reading on the Foxes Talk forum. http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/85072-billy-mckay-the-return/ Looks like they don't rate him much which is a bit strange. I like how they've highlighted Lavvy as being a diddy club though.

Looks like it's full of the old south of the border "Scottish football is rubbish" ignorami again.

they dont seem to understand. they thought sol bamba was good enough for the championship. everyone in scotland knew he was disgustingly bad, even hibs.

It is fantastic that Billy has hit a rich goal scoring patch.  We should enjoy it but not get too carried away - yet.  A few games ago his strike rate was pretty poor and many were questioning whether he should be in the side at all.  Now he has a strike rate of 15 goals from 30 starts in the league which, whilst not bad, is some way short of the 44 from 74 starts Rooney achieved.  It should also be remembered that he is playing as part of a very good side which is creating shed loads of chances.

He has therefore got some way to go before bigger clubs will be prepared to pay serious money for him, but I think there are grounds to be optimistic.  Last season he was largely wasted by the high ball into the box tactics which left many of us so frustrated last year, but this year we are playing to his strengths.  He is a hard working player and a natural poacher.  As long as we keep getting the ball low into the box, Billy will run rings round tall defenders and he will continue to score.  His current purple patch will end (probably sooner rather than later) but I see no reason why he should not maintain an average of at least a goal every second game.  A further 10 goals by the end of the season would be a good return and would put him on a par with the likes of Craig Dargo and Paul Ritchie.  So, it's great to see him scoring but let's not pile unrealistic expectations on his shoulders - although a hat-trick against Barcelona in the champions league final next year would be nice.

• Agree 1