Ideas to increase the crowds

ict247

Poor response from CAleyD. Most people looking at this website probably do as I do. That is: 

Purchase 2 season tickets, use the Caley CLub, pay for the bus, buy a programme, eat pies, buy souveniers, half time raffles, have 2 centenary club numbers and generally promote the club buy boring everyone to death about how great we are.

SO looking at ourselves is good but not applicable here.

How about offering everyone who holds a season ticket for any other club, County, Celtic, Rangers, Clach etc, half price entry to our games?

Fail to see your problem, if you are doing as you say then that's great and you clearly are doing your bit and are quite entitled to ask others if they are doing the same.

My comment was aimed at those who are not season ticket holders, who seem to take pride in giving the club as little money as possible and spend all their time on here demanding that other people should be doing all the leg work when it comes to trying to improve crowds and waiting for the slightest reason to knock those efforts.

Improving the catering might help. I spent all of half time queuing for 2 bovrils and eventually gave up after hardly moving forward during the entire 15 minutes. Rejoined the (by then shorter) queue 10  mins in to the 2nd half and it still took 10 mins to get to the front by which time, yes you've guessed it, they'd run out of bovril. Would be nice to see some sort of other pre-match and half-time entertainment on a more regular basis

How about offering tickets for home cup games at a seriously reduced price to season ticket holders. £10 adults £5 juniors and then sell the others at £15/£10.

Improving the catering might help. I spent all of half time queuing for 2 bovrils and eventually gave up after hardly moving forward during the entire 15 minutes. Rejoined the (by then shorter) queue 10  mins in to the 2nd half and it still took 10 mins to get to the front by which time, yes you've guessed it, they'd run out of bovril. Would be nice to see some sort of other pre-match and half-time entertainment on a more regular basis

How about offering tickets for home cup games at a seriously reduced price to season ticket holders. £10 adults £5 juniors and then sell the others at £15/£10.

Why stop at ST holders. How about cheap tickets for cup games if you can produce two or three of the previous home game ticket stubs.

Eureka,  how about  we have derby matches  show an exciting derby cup game live on tv,  have everyone talk about the game,  then have another derby match on tv for new year, advertise  half season ticket books  and also  move the  club shop up to the Eastgate centre  possibly one weekend in  December .

Free tickets for school kids was good when i was a primary school watching caley in the 90's. Maybe the club could offer free or cheap transport to away games. Maybe even some free shuttle buses from the different areas of inverness to the stadiums on match days. buses from Holm/Hilton/Drakies/Dalniegh etc

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think the club should build a big advertising board, the size of the missing stand. Sell advertising on the outside and paint the inside as an image of a full stand. Standing of course. 

It would generate revenue. Keep the noise in. maybe even cut down on the wind swirl. and be relatively simple to design / construct. It could also house the Jumbotron. It would also provide a better backdrop for using as a stadium concert setting, acoustically and visually.

Local artist could be hired to insert real fans into the visible first rows or two, to be sold to those fans wishing to have themselves in the mural, places for fans to be honoured in life and beyond. Hall of fame section of managers and players?

What do you think?

I think I had too much coffee :crazy:

• Agree 4

I think the club should build a big advertising board, the size of the missing stand. Sell advertising on the outside and paint the inside as an image of a full stand. Standing of course. 

It would generate revenue. Keep the noise in. maybe even cut down on the wind swirl. and be relatively simple to design / construct. It could also house the Jumbotron. It would also provide a better backdrop for using as a stadium concert setting, acoustically and visually.

Local artist could be hired to insert real fans into the visible first rows or two, to be sold to those fans wishing to have themselves in the mural, places for fans to be honoured in life and beyond. Hall of fame section of managers and players?

What do you think?

Some good ideas in there but I think we could utilise the mural idea elsewhere.

A lot of fans walking to the ground on matchdays travel under the Kessock Bridge where there is a big grey wall between the bridge supports underneath the bridge. Hopefully folk who walk that way know what I mean. It would be good if we could get an ICT-related mural painted on that. The council probably own it but I don't see why they wouldn't allow it to be painted on. Little things like this definitely help enhance the matchday experience and I'm sure a local artist would be happy to do it to get some publicity.

Edit to add pic:

ZHqF6.jpg

Edited by Guest

What do you think?

Some good ideas in there but I think we could utilise the mural idea elsewhere.

A lot of fans walking to the ground on matchdays travel under the Kessock Bridge where there is a big grey wall between the bridge supports underneath the bridge. Hopefully folk who walk that way know what I mean. It would be good if we could get an ICT-related mural painted on that. The council probably own it but I don't see why they wouldn't allow it to be painted on. Little things like this definitely help enhance the matchday experience and I'm sure a local artist would be happy to do it to get some publicity.

Edit to add pic:

ZHqF6.jpg

With it being in the shadows, I would expect any ICT mural would be, emm, tampered with by shadow dwellers!

I wouldn't be too concerned at yesterday's crowd against the league's bottom club.  It was a foul day and the Saturday before Christmas.  Aberdeen's crowd against St. J was just 7051, by far their lowest league gate of the season and over 1700 less than against Kilmarnock last week.  The way the team are playing I am sure our crowds will pick up again - maybe not as much as we would like but there's no need to panic.

Perhaps ex-jags are staying away , lets face it.... the Club is often refered to as Caley , ICTFC play at Caleys home , and the playing strip (a total insult to all former Inverness Thistle supporters ) is pretty much Caleys traditional playing colours.

Perhaps ex-jags are staying away , lets face it.... the Club is often refered to as Caley , ICTFC play at Caleys home , and the playing strip (a total insult to all former Inverness Thistle supporters ) is pretty much Caleys traditional playing colours.

Wasn't aware that Caledonian FC played at TCS must have missed that.

ETA - my understanding is that it wasn't an even merger with Caley FC 'bringing more to the table' including a greater number of fans so it's not surprising that it is more Caley than Thistle. Though Caley were my wee team (sadly I was was current bun in my yoof) at the time this all happened when I was 13 so it doesn't really bother me at all.

Edited by fraz

They're not going to suddenly stay away now after 18+ years.

Inverness has never been a hotbed of football. Sad but true. Also crowds are on a par with clubs such as St Mirren and St Johnstone. The wee team across the bridge had the same fixture last week, a six pointer against Dundee, when they still have thenovelty of the SPL, and the attendance was about 100 more. Factor in that the last game before xmas is always poorly attended, and also how many Dees fans made the trip 2 weeks running? I didn't check but I would imagine they'd be keener last week than this week when it was fairly obvious they'd get a doing.

Wrong thread! Are you a staggie in disguise? Merger is past history in case you didn't know!

• Agree 2

But can we turn these `floaters` into more loyal supporters - I wonder if our season will end up truly successful will we benefit from

increases in support near the end of this season or into next season.

My guess is that a lot of `support` are not turning up because they think this good spell is just a flash in the pan.

Id rather be alongside 3000 LOYAL supporters than have a crowd of 5500 with 2000 'johnny come latelys'

Why? I bet the club don't share that same view.

I'd rather have as many fans there as possible. More money for the club and a better chance of hanging on to key players and getting new ones in when required.

• Agree 1