took 3 mates with me who have only been to a couple of games earlier in the season. persuaded them to come as i was waxing lyrical about the team.

second half the ball was in the air more than on the ground. we couldnt keep it for more than 2 touches. county were hoofing  it at us and we were kicking it anywhere we could.

2 bits of quality in match billies goal and vigurs lob.

take it from me we lost the three again, as we left they said "we are not coming to watch that p1sh again."

was the undersoil heating faulty. that pitch contributed to a poor spectacle. what is the point of having  heating and not using it.

was it because this was not an SPL game and we are not instructed to use it.

luckily this game was not on tv, would have bored the pants of anyone watching

looks like a lot of county fans seem to think that craig thomson was our hero and not billy mckay also what was the atmosphere like compared to saturday but hey fantastic boys we continue on this verticle climb at them moment very pleasing

Edited by gingerjaggy

was the undersoil heating faulty. that pitch contributed to a poor spectacle. what is the point of having  heating and not using it.

was it because this was not an SPL game and we are not instructed to use it.

As I understand it, when you use covers and the USH what you end up with is a layer of condensation. When the covers are removed that then freezes and you end up with a frozen powder like "dew" on the surface.  It's purely cosmetic and the pitch itself was fine.

Well done to the lads for getting the result. Last season we would not have held out like we did tonight. County were desperate to win but we were even more desperate not to lose.

Treble is still on!! 

• Agree 1

Not pretty but we got there. 

Seen the penalty on Sky Sports. Have to say Tokely (our 12th man) did have a hold of Meekings, i think Thomson made the right call. 

Seemed as though County had set themselves out to counter any football we tried to play though it was clear from the off that we werent 100% tonight. The difference tonight was Billy McKay. County lack a talisman up top whereas we have one who's stock is rising fast. Worked his arse off for the team, put Brown the wrong way for the pen and his 2nd goal was top class. Contracted or not i think we will have offers for him come January. 

Reguero was my man of the match though tonight. Was annoyed at him for getting lobbed by Vigurs but he was outstanding 2nd half. Showed excellent handling from the set pieces and when called into action he pulled off some great saves. Safe to say he has cemented his place as 1st choice now. 

As much as i relish derbies im glad this one is out of the way. We can get back to focusing on the league and the cup semi final now. But there is nothing better than putting one over on the they who are forever in our shadow. Well done tonight lads. And yet another great derby day atmosphere. Love it.

Only thing that bugged me tonight was Vigurs. The man has talent, no question. But his attitude and conduct on the pitch is disgraceful at times. I saw tonight why Terry chucked him and frankly im glad he did. His tussle with Doran was ridiculous. Trying to get him sent off, that was all he was doing. Its a disgusting side to the game.

Edited by ajsict92
  • Agree 2

OTB is in meltdown  :laugh:  seriously i actually thought i was on TalkCeltic the paranoia is too much 

In all seriousness, game was a bore and we were sluggish all night. they were better second half but not fantastic and didn't do enough to 'claim' victory. At end of day we scored 2, they scored 1. Simples! Also I really do think the ref over both games did a good job and was fair with both teams!

that troll vigurs however is frankly a simpleton. what a tit, no class what so ever. He has the talent but it seems no brains and I now see why Butcher got rid of him. 

Feel sorry for the bitters though, (meeh actually no i don't :ictscarf:

• Agree 1

Wasn't pretty, but it did the job. Now back to league business to hold on to our 2nd place position, worry about the Killie game later.

@bishbashbosh - if your 3 mates are expecting a game like we played at the Global Warming Stadium or Pittodrie, every single time, then they don't know much about football. Good luck to them finding something more satisfying than putting your nearest neighbours (I hesitate to use the term "rivals" as they are never really challenging us in any way shape or form) out of the top Scottish cup competition, albeit at the second time of asking. Perhaps they should consider taking up a different sport to support?

• Agree 5

If the gudgies (hey my autocorrect is suggesting 'budgies') were that good, why is the BBC giving the possession as 58-42 to us?

Halfway through the first half it was showing 73-27.

Yes, I noticed that stat on BBC and wondered about it. Doesn't seem to match up with the game reports.  Sounded like a good game to miss, quality wise, but another great win, all the more so as it hacks off County and Adams big time.

• Agree 1

Not pretty but we got there. 

Seen the penalty on Sky Sports. Have to say Tokely (our 12th man) did have a hold of Meekings, i think Thomson made the right call. 

Seemed as though County had set themselves out to counter any football we tried to play though it was clear from the off that we werent 100% tonight. The difference tonight was Billy McKay. County lack a talisman up top whereas we have one who's stock is rising fast. Worked his arse off for the team, put Brown the wrong way for the pen and his 2nd goal was top class. Contracted or not i think we will have offers for him come January. 

Reguero was my man of the match though tonight. Was annoyed at him for getting lobbed by Vigurs but he was outstanding 2nd half. Showed excellent handling from the set pieces and when called into action he pulled off some great saves. Safe to say he has cemented his place as 1st choice now. 

As much as i relish derbies im glad this one is out of the way. We can get back to focusing on the league and the cup semi final now. But there is nothing better than putting one over on the they who are forever in our shadow. Well done tonight lads. And yet another great derby day atmosphere. Love it.

Only thing that bugged me tonight was Vigurs. The man has talent, no question. But his attitude and conduct on the pitch is disgraceful at times. I saw tonight why Terry chucked him and frankly im glad he did. His tussle with Doran was ridiculous. Trying to get him sent off, that was all he was doing. Its a disgusting side to the game.

I agree with what you say especially about Vigers!

• Agree 1

Just about thawed out after that! Rubbish game, great result. Other than McKay's brilliant second goal there wasn't much to cheer. We sat back after that, and invited them on us. To be fair to them they threw all they had at us, and if it wasn't for some brilliant goalkeeping, and a defence who put their bodies on the line, then it'd gone to extra time....the fact it didn't probably saved my toes from being amputated.

As much as Vigurs is a wee *****, he certainly has a habit of scoring against us, and his goal last night was a beauty.

Hopefully that's the bad game out of the way, and we resume normal service on Sat.

Quote from Adams in The Herald .... " County ache to beat them & will get another chance when we meet them again in Dingwall at the start of the year ... oh i look forward to January 2nd  i wish it was tomorrow , because there are a few smirks to wipe of a few people's faces "

Ha ha ha !  .... MON THE CALEY ! :ictscarf:

Edited by Fanoffooty

Quote from Adams in The Herald .... " County ache to beat them & will get another chance when we meet them again in Dingwall at the start of the year ... oh i look forward to January 2nd  i wish it was tomorrow , because there are a few smirks to wipe of a few people's faces "

Ha ha ha !  .... MON THE CALEY ! :ictscarf:

How much sweeter it will be when we reinforce our position as the leading club in the Highlands.

Bring it on, gudgie-master, bring it on.

Make sure you check the pitch beforehand so you can get your excuses in early again.

post-4927-0-01960900-1355309872.jpg

Whoa that was torture....but it was a win , and thats the important thing.

AT the end of the day we ve probably done them a favour and ourselves as well , as they can now concentrate on the league. We can therefore look forward to 3/4 derbies next year and guaranteed 9/12 points and good attendences for the clubs.  So everyones a winner........

And do you hear them thanks us.......Ungrateful, thats what I call it !!

• Agree 2

And just as an aside....I was at the Dundee derby on Sunday and some bright spark Dundee fans had a banner pointed directly to annoy the Arabs

Quote   FOREVER IN YOUR SHADOW

Maybe I m missing something but that just disnae sound right !!

Photgraphic evidence is available on request.

BTW it was a p1sh game too.  ITFC, if they turn up, can deal with them  

I agree with most that it was not a brilliant game to watch, but we got the win and thats the main thing.

Being on the clubs media team last night, I was actually surprised how honest the chap next to me was. He was obviously part of their media set up and said before the match he thought both teams would score with inverness being victorious. He was able to 'playback' footage of every 'controversial' moment and to be fair, there wasn't one.

Rossco definately had meekings by the arm as he ran in for the set piece, then appeared to also clip his heels. Definate penaly, definate yellow.

Vigurs goal was class, and I'm not too sure why people are soley blaming Reguero. As the ball was cleared by County, he was way off his line, but I think more fault should be pinned on the 3 defenders that afforded Vigurs time and space to shoot. He was completely unmarked and no one covered. From 25 yards, Reguero was only about 6-7 yards off his line. Enough to close the target down but unfortunately too much space for to track back for a save.

Overall, I'm delighted we're through and glad the tie is over. Roll on Saturday and a usually great day out at Tannadump

• Agree 1

In a cup tie it doesnt matter how you do it, as long as you get through. We did that and we are through and County are trudging home "robbed" yet again.  The penalty was directly in front of the ref plus Tokely also got a yellow, so without seeing the incident i'm very confident it was a penalty.  2nd half, did we get a free kick??? So much for Thomson being in our favour, it was just relentless ball after ball into the box from set pieces.  Which is why County are out of the cup and at the bottom of the table.  They struggle to create anything other than from set pieces.

My highlight of the game was at full time as Vigurs was walking up the tunnel.  After constantly asking him what the score was he gave me the w4nker gesture as he got to the tunnel entrance.  Feeling honoured that i got under his skin!!

• Agree 11

put Brown the wrong way for the pen

To be fair, that's not difficult.

Mark Brown in "fails to get anywhere near a penalty" shocker!

In that case he simply carried on a good trend then.

Guest Cameraman, Gringo Jnr, got a clear shot of Tokely dragging Warren down for the penalty last night.

I'll be finishing off the highlights later and should hopefully get them up tonight (24 hour hold back) or tomorrow morning.

• Agree 2

Didn't enjoy the match but happy with the result.  We won't play great in every game but even when underperforming we can still win.  Happy days. 

I think the conditions made it hard to play on the deck so I can understand why there were a few stray balls etc.  Bring on Killie - definately a winnable game.  Got plenty of league games and the Semi - Final of the League cup before that though.

We are:

2nd in SPL

Semi of League Cup

Last 16 of Scottish Cup

Compared to County:

Joint 2nd bottom (and if Dundee beat them on Saturday they are only 3 points off bottom)

Defeated 4-1 by Raith Rovers in League Cup

Out of Scottish Cup at first stage by ICT

Pleasing.

• Agree 6