The 'No Pressure' Thread

Northern_jaggie

Dear All,

I would like to call on all people viewing this thread to express to the management, players, backroom staff and indeed anyone connected to the club that there is NO EXPECTATION placed on the players with respect to winning cups, European places or even finishing in the top six of the league.  Anything above 12th place in the SPL is a bonus. 

If this season finished now, it would still go down as one of the most legendary seasons we have had in our history.  We are lucky to have been blessed with an SPL side in Inverness and right now we should enjoy our glorious place in Scottish football. 

The point of this post is to let everyone know that we have a sense of reality and we want the players to go out and enjoy playing football in the Highland capital.  Long may the roller coaster continue!   

Wise men say...... 

• Agree 5

I would like to call on all people viewing this thread to express to the management, players, backroom staff and indeed anyone connected to the club that there is NO EXPECTATION placed on the players with respect to winning cups, European places or even finishing in the top six of the league.  Anything above 12th place in the SPL is a bonus. 

The sentiment is understandable and I largely agree.

However, Terry has being trying to instill the opposite mentality in the players. The recent use of a team psychologist is to get the players to believe that they deserve to be competing near the top of the league and anything else isn't good enough. Winners, not underdogs.

If the fans have low expectations, the players will just get confused! So we should be demanding nothing less than the treble. Well OK, I'll settle for a double.

• Agree 1

At this level, EVERY season, id like at least one decent-ish cup run and avoid relegation (even tho i like life in the lower leagues). If the team can acheive that, then i am generally satisfied. Id rather they did it by playing at least semi attractive footie every now and then tho :)

The form, the unity and the free flowing football is in abundance just now and long may it continue.

Would I forgo the rest of the season just to say we finished in 2nd.

Definitely not, you support a team because you enjoy the team and theres a lot more football to enjoy before the end of the season.

DESTINY - The inevitable or necessary fate to which a particular person, thing or team is destined.

As William Bryan Jennings once quipped to me - "Johndo, Destiny is no matter of chance. It is not a thing to be waited for, its a thing to be achieved "

DO YOU BELIEVE :smile: 

Once the international patent comes through for my walk on water Moses flotation sandals,  Im going to invest in ICT big time. I was thinking of buying Samaras and Brown as backup incase any of our guys werent well

In the meantime league cup, Scottish cup  will do this year I suppose.

Edited by 12th Man
  • Agree 1

This seasons No 1 chant has to be 'The Highlands are Ours'. Next season against a French team 'Europe is Ours' Europe is Ours' You Sheep Burning B***ards, 'Europe is Ours'

If playing Spaniards its, 'We sunk your Armada'

For German team its, 'A Jock Sunk your Bismark' (For the young and those with no interest in history the Jock in question was Commander George Dalrymple-Hamilton who commanded HMS Rodney, one of the battleships responsible for the sinking of Germany's flagship battle cruiser Bismark)

Edited by Alex MacLeod

If ICT really qualify for Europe and draw the Czech side Viktoria Plzen (Pilsen), I'll be there at the away match. It's a shorter trip than Munich, and Plzen is the home of Pils :crazy:

Edited by Rainbow

If ICT really qualify for Europe and draw the Czech side Viktoria Plzen (Pilsen), I'll be there at the away match. It's a shorter trip than Munich, and Plzen is the home of Pils :crazy:

Holsten Pils?

Holsten is Hamburg. The Czech's were the first to brew pilsner. Cant remember what the local Prague one was but its good. Holsten, Beck's Stella etc are all pilsner lagers. Now if only we could get one of them to sponsor us!!!

Can somebody work out how many points we would we have if games finished on the 89th minute?

We're doing unbelievably well to get into winning positions. Sadly once we have our noses in front the whole side get nervous and start hoofing balls all over the place, which does nothing but invite pressure.

Our greatest assets are all up top, at all times we should be keeping Shinnie, Doran etc as far up the park as possible. Not only does it force the losing team to keep the 'big men' back but it gives us an outlet for clearances. This all hands to the pump bollocks is ruining what should be our best ever season.

Looking at the league table its mind blowing the number of times we've all felt deflated after a match, its not as if we're losing 5-0 every week. Infact the couple of times we have been hammered the mood tends to be reasonably upbeat.

So pats on the back for everyone for getting a job almost half done, 18 games in now, how about we learn a lesson from the late goals that have kept us off the top of the league for the last 18 matches for the new year?

Everybody reading this should consider that this is our best chance to win the SPL in all of our lifetimes, this weak a league won't come around again.

NO PRESSURE

Edited by clacher_holiday2
  • Agree 3

Alex, the Prague one is called Staropramen. And you're right, the first Pils was brewed in Pilsen, hence the name. But the guy who invented it was actually from Lower Bavaria, he went to Pilsen because the local brewers in the 1840s were so bad that nobody wanted to drink their beer. Nowadays, 70% of German beers are brewed in the Pilsen tradition.