Dundee Utd -V- ICT

Scotty

Gutted but we can't be hard on ourselves. We have lost a last minute equaliser (for reasons outside of our control) but lets remember where we have come from not only today but on a whole. Play this game last year and after tens minutes, we would have been on for a very heavy defeat. The lads looked really gutted at the end which shows just how much this means to them. This is a really special team we have so lets play our part and get right behind the team and remind them that our unbeaten run is still intact. They deserve all the praise that we should be giving them. Stand up for the Caley Jags  :ictscarf:

• Agree 3

Great comeback by us, soured somewhat by a poor penalty decision which cost us the 3 points and cost me a win at 5/2.

I got the draw at 16/1 and the win at 25/1 at 3.20pm.    Bit peeved as the win would have given me a nice wee lucky 15, but happish with draw.

Foran got booked just after the pen was awarded and I initially thought it looked like it may have been for dissent, but the stats sites are reporting it was for handball so that may be the 'reason' for the pen rather than for the DUFC player falling all over an already prone ICT players legs !!! either way ... bullshit decision

Finding the live stream a few minutes after kick off, I couldn't believe the 0-3 scoreline in such a short period of time.  I'm just about to watch Alba to see how bad these goals were.

But, no matter how I felt, how must the players have been feeling?  It is an absolute credit to them that they didn't crumble and be on the receiving end of a drubbing.  The comeback was amazing.  Just such a pity that our joy is tempered by such a soft penalty in injury time.

Still, I'm proud of the team, and all the management too.  I'm sure we're all looking forward to a couple of good wins before New Year and beating our shadows again on 2 Jan.

i can't believe I'm dissapointed after being 3 - 0 down! but well done boys!

Have to mention further about Willie Miller

His commentary sounds like he's sitting in his conservatory feet up reading a book being interupted by a match on a radio close by and someone is bothering him to comment..... 

Just watched the first 10 mins on Alba.  The first two goals were shockers.  Meekings a bit unlucky mind.  Graham Shinnie well at fault for second.  He had plenty time either to clear the ball or get it back to Reguero.  We were pretty much ripped apart for third, although Skacel was left unmarked before he scored.

Still, as I said before, and plenty others besides, a great fightback.

if someone could explain to me why there are 50000 invernesians in inverness today (including myself) and only 100-200 invernesians in dundee, that would be much appreciated. 

their missing out.

but all things considered. butcher out.

I doubt there are 50,000 Invernessians in Inverness. I know two from Dundee. I know a couple from Nairn. Some from Dingwall.There are also Weegies and other central belters. And of course Polish, Romanian, Chinese, Indian, Pakistani's and a miriade of other nationalities. 100-200 is a reasonable turnout away from home ten days before christmas, considering the cost of an awayday.

That said I only caught the last few minutes of BBC live text cos of having to do some work. Said there that the pen was for a handball and Foran booked for dissent. Where did the five mins of added time come from?

Three down after 8 minutes and yet we still take the lead against one of the better teams in the league. I think that says a helluva lot for the grit and determination of this squad. No heads going down. Just dust ourselves down, get on with the job and get a result. I'll wager that every player on our team today is gutted by the final result, more especially Richie, but I say to each and every one of them, Keep doing what you are doing and the results will fall into place. Another 4 goals for and a hat-trick for Billy (now top of SPL score list I think) has to say lots for the character of this team and, regardless of having lost 4 goals, the belief and commitment of the manager and his assistants.

Well done on a very good result away from home lads.

• Agree 1

That was an incredible away day. The first two goals were suicidal defending and I would put the third down to shell shock from the horror show. Given it was so early in the game I feared a mauling but we steadied the ship and after our first goal I sensed we could peg them back to some extent.

Great performances all over the park; Raven, Foran, Andy Shinnie and obviously Billy's hat trick performance was top drawer.

The Arabs gave us a nice chorus of "are you Dundee in disguise?" when number three hit the back of the net which was returned with gusto when number four was scored.

Richie was going absolutely nuts over the pen which looked dubious to me. Lucky he never saw red and he was still screaming his head off at the final whistle.

Hard to believe we were actually pretty deflated at the end of what should have been one of the all-time greatest wins. Never a dull moment.

Bring on the Dees.

• Agree 1

That was an incredible away day. The first two goals were suicidal defending and I would put the third down to shell shock from the horror show. Given it was so early in the game I feared a mauling but we steadied the ship and after our first goal I sensed we could peg them back to some extent.

Great performances all over the park; Raven, Foran, Andy Shinnie and obviously Billy's hat trick performance was top drawer.

The Arabs gave us a nice chorus of "are you Dundee in disguise?" when number three hit the back of the net which was returned with gusto when number four was scored.

Richie was going absolutely nuts over the pen which looked dubious to me. Lucky he never saw red and he was still screaming his head off at the final whistle.

Hard to believe we were actually pretty deflated at the end of what should have been one of the all-time greatest wins. Never a dull moment.

Bring on the Dees.

The TV star has spoken.....

Said there that the pen was for a handball and Foran booked for dissent. Where did the five mins of added time come from?

You are sounding like Derek Adams!

A great comeback well done to get a point from United :clapping:

Having seen the penalty replay close up and in slow mo.....Foran was shoved by Daly and it should have been our foul.

Que sera...and if I'm honest, an ICT win would have been harsh on Utd.

Last year the players heads would have gone down and we'd likely have been on the wrong end of a 5 or 6 goal drubbing.  Today tested the players character in that regard TO THE MAX and they passed with flying colours.

Today showed me once and for all that this team is special and there's no "fluke" in us being where we are in the league and cups.

Those staying away....for whatever reason....have no idea that history is being made and they are missing it.

• Agree 4

Amazing, we score six goals and still don't win (ok, two of them were for United)!

Well done guys, you truly showed character today - traditional Caley Thistle character - to turn 3-0 into 3-4. It was a moral victory. I'm proud of y'all. We seem to enjoy scoring 4 goals whenever we play United!!

Guest Mahonio

I have been critical at times this season so praise where praise is due :).

One thing we don't lack this season is "fighting spirit", we have comeback a few times from behind to earn draws but today tops the lot. Whatever "rejigging" Butcher did (he said in his post match BBC interview that he "changed the system"), payed dividends.

I am delighted to get a point at Tannadice especially as we were 3 down after less than 10mins.

I BELIEVE, we WILL be playing in Europa League next season :ictscarf:.