Youngsters to be blooded

ictchris

From the Evening Times:

CHARLIE CHRISTIE wants to see the day when Inverness can sell a homegrown player to a top English Premiership club.

Boss Christie will give Stuart Soane and Zander Sutherland the chance to step up from the under-19s in the remaining five games of the season.

He said: "It is important that some of our own youngsters start to come through and although we have made great strides in youth development, we are still unable to overcome that final hurdle of getting them into the first team. If they can then step on and get a transfer to a bigger club then what a huge success story that would be."

I'm pretty sure I've seen Sutherland in a couple of youth/reserves games and he looked not bad. Is he the wee wide player?

I think he came on against Aberdeen last week and looked allright. I know folk can say reserve games are totally different but that was a strong Dons team and he seemed to cope well. I don't think he would be overawed by getting a wee 15 minute run out at the end of a game. Good luck to him! :)

Both these guys are midfielders Xander Sutherland plays on the left and Stuart Soane plays in the middle if my memory serves me correctly. On the few occasions I have seen them play this season they have looked promising.

Xander Sutherland

2636-25.jpg

Stuart Soane

2636-26.jpg

If your reading this lads, sorry, was newest pics I had to hand :lol:

I don't buy in to the theory of "nothing to play for" since we missed out on top 6 but it makes sense to be blooding the youngsters when the opportunity presents itself.

11th April:

It occurs to me that unless we want to fight with Motherwell for the cash that comes with finishing 7th, it might well be a good idea for Charlie to use the remaining games to try a few new faces.

For example, I'd like to see McAllister and Jackson getting a couple of games and if there are any other decent performers on the fringes (that rules Fox out then) then they too should be getting a chance.

This is a chance for Charlie to start planning for next season...

I think we should still be going into these games looking to win them. If CC wants just to try people out may as well either let the fans in for free or have the games behind closed doors. If we have to suffer another post split performance like last season it won't win us any new fans. I hope we also reduce the prices for say the Falkirk game as well to try and tempt more folk along.

I would tend to agree with RIG...

:blah: