Merger Talk

TheCaleyjags123

Yes I am sure the lack of alcohol has seen the decline in these type of characters at the matches, and probably led to a decline in attendances as well. Good on Toronto, do you see any trouble/incidents as a result of this Scotty?

Like everywhere else there are those that overdo it, but no, for the most part, no hassles. The odd beer has been thrown at opposing players when something happens, but at $14 a pop there's no chance of that happening in Scotland :lol:

Its not just about alcohol though. I see a huge contrast now when I have been to games compared to how it used to be. Some rules have sense, but like many other areas of life, the application of those rules has gone too far and there is little enjoyment in an environment where you are expected or even required to 'sit down, shut-up, & dont dare engage in banter with the opposition' and pay for the privilege !

Perhaps I should move to Toronto as I am afraid that good natured and slightly drunken behaviour can easily get you ejected from ICT games. I understand that you need to be sitting on a fence but the wording of your post is appreciated and reading between the lines clearly pronounces that Atom Ant and the rest of the Disney Corporation are sitting in The Director Boxes of reality whereas the true football fans, refuseniks or not, still stand on terraces like the Howden End.

no need for me to sit on any fence. I simply see merit in both sides of the argument. I am a 'terrace' guy at heart, and it seems I have come full circle now ... standing in a seated area at TFC where that is allowed, taking part in chants and songs aimed at the opposition, and now with club sanctioned smoke and flares ....

post-2-0-62471100-1405684012_thumb.png

• Agree 1

And I can now look forward to four double voddies and coke in Birmingham. Who dared to say that I couldn't get this thread to 30 + pages before the start of the season ?!!

And the bonus is that this thread has actually become more serious and interactive and there have been a significant number of sensible, positive and realistic posts - apart from CB of course !!

• Agree 1

In my opinion the merger reminds me of ethnic cleansing. Without a shadow of doubt in my eyes anyway there was a deliberate process put in place to rid the old guard and install the newICT have created a prawn sandwich support and only the youth coming through now can change that but it will take time, the club is still only 20years old

Ok stadium location doesn't help but the atmosphere at the dump is up there with the worst in Scotland

I fail to see how putting beer on tap is the answer but it might get some of these clowns to burst into song or chant so all suggestions are welcome

Dougal

attachicon.gifFishing.png

Not shure if that is bait - I agree totally although the atmosphere at other grounds is just as bad - I would say that Killie, Midden and Perf is just as bad if not worse. The only grounds with an atmosphere are Parkhead, Muvversmell and Aberdire becos of the ultras. The others usually only sing when they are winning.

In my opinion the merger reminds me of ethnic cleansing. Without a shadow of doubt in my eyes anyway there was a deliberate process put in place to rid the old guard and install the new

ICT have created a prawn sandwich support and only the youth coming through now can change that but it will take time, the club is still only 20years old

Ok stadium location doesn't help but the atmosphere at the dump is up there with the worst in Scotland

I fail to see how putting beer on tap is the answer but it might get some of these clowns to burst into song or chant so all suggestions are welcome

Dougal

Dougal, a South African missionary once asked me the question how do you eat an elephant.

Its the principle behind the beer, its the will for change, to improve, to listen, to reward the fans, to look after them to give them a home and home is where the heart is.

Unless you have shouted and sang till your throats sore at TCS or any stadium, by that I mean starting the noise and not adding on to whats being sung, if you havent then your opinion of the prawn sandwich brigade doesnt really carry much weight.

We are all important to ICT. Thats the young and the mature, premerger, locals, the Highlands and beyond. they all matter.

A. Piece by piece.

• Agree 1

And the bonus is that this thread has actually become more serious and interactive and there have been a significant number of sensible, positive and realistic posts - apart from CB of course !!

This thread I believe was started by a County fan on a bit of a fishing trip - first to bite big style was the poster you mentioned there (as predicted at the time by yours truly!), followed by a few others.

It has certainly become interactive and there is a bit of seriousness about it too. And a hooruva lot of repetition - most of the content of the entire 30 odd pages is pretty much covered in pages 1 and 2!

• 5 months later...

I notice a certain so called journalist was trying to play down the effect the merger has had on ICT attendances in the local rag a couple of weeks ago

The fact he still needs to even mention it twenty years on speaks volumes

Dougal