No business in January, unless.......

Yngwie

I think some fans need to get realistic. We may be in 2nd place in the league and a cup semi but we aren't a big club with strong finances. Any reasonable offer for a player will always be considered by the board and I believe that Terry & Mo will bring in a freebie that they feel is an equivilant resource.

Priority as inidcated in the media is getting palyers to sign new deals - lets refrain from Jan signings and use the cash for this, then if someone leaves the club will deal with it and we as fans need to look at the bigger picture.

As for comments about McKay being worth £1/2 Million or more - really, he only socred 3 goals last year, is doing well just now but isnt a proven scorer and IMO the club would probably sell him for around 300k, which is on a par with players like Connor Salmon etc. We dont have any £1M players yet and maybe never will unless A.Shinnie gets more caps!!!

I think some fans need to get realistic. We may be in 2nd place in the league and a cup semi but we aren't a big club with strong finances. Any reasonable offer for a player will always be considered by the board and I believe that Terry & Mo will bring in a freebie that they feel is an equivilant resource.

Priority as inidcated in the media is getting palyers to sign new deals - lets refrain from Jan signings and use the cash for this, then if someone leaves the club will deal with it and we as fans need to look at the bigger picture.

As for comments about McKay being worth £1/2 Million or more - really, he only socred 3 goals last year, is doing well just now but isnt a proven scorer and IMO the club would probably sell him for around 300k, which is on a par with players like Connor Salmon etc. We dont have any £1M players yet and maybe never will unless A.Shinnie gets more caps!!!

Some fans are realistic. If you accept the best offer made at the time, any time you have anything decent, you'll always have a little bit of money, and nothing decent. You sound like the sort of fan who leaves the stadium just because we're trailing by 3 goals inside 8 minutes.

Any talk of selling players for big money leaves me cold. I go to watch football matches to see good players playing well and getting good results - not to watch a club's bank balance.

If we have success on the park then the cash will roll in. Maybe not as quickly as a "quick fix" sale but it will roll in.

• Agree 3

You sound like the sort of fan who leaves the stadium just because we're trailing by 3 goals inside 8 minutes.

Who are you to question my loyalty to the club? Perhaps if you weren't so blind that you live in some ideal world where-by the club finances are mystically provided year-on-year you would understand that the club is a business and any businesses needs to break even as a minimum. In order to do that you need a healthy turn-over covering the costs in our case thats not provided by the 3000 fans turning up weekly, so unless that increases signifcantly the only way to make money is sell off assests - i.e. players. I'd rather we sell players than end up in huge debts chasing a dream.

If we have success on the park then the cash will roll in. Maybe not as quickly as a "quick fix" sale but it will roll in.

Where from? We are 2nd in the league, in a cup semi, highest scorers in the league, playing entertaining football and still only getting 3000 fans at a game. There is nowhere for cash to roll in from that I can see?

Edited by bdu98196

You sound like the sort of fan who leaves the stadium just because we're trailing by 3 goals inside 8 minutes.

Who are you to question my loyalty to the club? Perhaps if you weren't so blind that you live in some ideal world where-by the club finances are mystically provided year-on-year you would understand that the club is a business and any businesses needs to break even as a minimum. In order to do that you need a healthy turn-over covering the costs in our case thats not provided by the 3000 fans turning up weekly, so unless that increases signifcantly the only way to make money is sell off assests - i.e. players. I'd rather we sell players than end up in huge debts chasing a dream.

Where from? We are 2nd in the league, in a cup semi, highest scorers in the league, playing entertaining football and still only getting 3000 fans at a game. There is nowhere for cash to roll in from that I can see?

Better sponsorship. We have been getting mentioned in all the media in the last few months and sponsors will see this. There will be bigger business outside of the Highlands who will see our success as a means to sell their product. More especially if we do as well as we'd like to do.

Not to mention a windfall of at least £400,000 if we do beat Hearts and progress to the final of the League Cup and very much increased SPL prize money if we finish in the top three or four.

If this success continues turnover will be up by over a million on last year even if the crowd figures do remain frustratingly static.

• 2 weeks later...

Not to mention a windfall of at least £400,000 if we do beat Hearts and progress to the final of the League Cup and very much increased SPL prize money if we finish in the top three or four.

If this success continues turnover will be up by over a million on last year even if the crowd figures do remain frustratingly static.

If we also progress in the Scottish Cup there'll be even more money coming in, as the season nears it's end and we have maintained our position crowds will increase and if we keet the team signed up for another season there will be a feeding frenzy for season tickets in the summer (especially if we have a Euro spot).

We have never still been in the running in three competitions before, let's stop being so negative and get behing the team and the club.

For people saying we should get our out of contract players on 2-3 year deals, you need to remember that these guys might not want to sign a long term deal.  It limits them in terms of their opportunities.  If someone signs a three year deal and then has a tremendous season, scoring 20 goals etc then they are going to be less attractive to bigger teams because they'll require a fee to move.  There's a reason that most players are on one or at the most two year deals, that's what is best for them.  It also reduces potential costs for clubs like us - if we offer someone a three year deal and then they are crap for the rest of the time we are stuck with them.