Scotty

Great result today, performance so so. We are unbelievable as an attacking force but still dodgy at the back and especially near the end a bit slack in our play. But this is  tremendous, would have never believed we would be 2nd at Christmas, an amazing achievement. :ictscarf: :ictscarf:

• Agree 1

Due to working in the Middle East today was the first game I have got to all season. 

Banter in the North stand was good.  Billy Mackay looked lively in the warm up and just got hotter.  Couldn't tell from my position whether penalty was right or not, but definitely well put away.  Dundee equaliser was well taken sneaking in at the far post possibly off the fingertips of Reguero.  Nicely taken second from OTJ.  I looked towards the ref as the pile of bodies grew thinking a second penalty was coming as the ball came out of the bodies into the net.  Well taken fourth from Andy Shinnie. 

Nice to see the effort and passing play combined with the speed out of defence and onto the attack.

• Agree 1

Great three points again today.

The team have undoubtably played better at times this season but at stages today we played some very pleasing football. Stand outs for me were Garry Warren once again. This man may just turn out to be Butchers best singing at the club. For me, he's not outstandingly skilful but what he does provide is real leadership and a desire to win that we have lacked since Darren Dods. He organises the defence brilliantly and even when young Cooper came on, he guided him and talked him through exactly what was what.

OTJ has quickly become very much an essential part of this team. He provides the defence with great cover and today I thought he did a brilliant job at pressing Dundee high up the pitch and forcing them into giving the ball back to us or making a mistake. His range of passing is very important and between himself and Draper, they provide us with the backbone of the team.

Finally, is our number 7 really the same player that played up front for us last season? Billy Mckay ran himself into the ground once again. He doesn't know when the ball is lost and anything he touches at the moment seems to end up in the back of the net. Brilliantly lucky finish for the second goal that could only happen to someone who's on such form as himself. Andy Shinnie seemed hesitant to celebrate with him after taking away a simple finish from him so it was great to see Shinnie amongst the goals again today. Overall a reasonable performance from the lads but ultimately Dundee never forced us out of first gear in the second half and it was pleasing to win so comfortably.

It was interesting hearing TB say in his post match interview that he was most worried about this game as people expected us to win. ICT have so often crumbled in this position (most recently the 5-1 lose to Motherwell) but today the players coped with the pressure and delivered an efficient and confident performance. This team is very special and they deserve all the praise that they receive.

The only disappointing thing for me was once again the crowd. I know it's the Christmas season and people have other things to spend their money etc on but to get an attendance of just over 3000 for a team on a great run and with the opportunity to sit second in Scotland's highest league is disappointing. The club have been very pro-active in trying to encourage bigger crowds (buy 1 get 1 free offer was great) but it gets to a stage where we as fans have to ask ourselves what more can we do to help the club increase crowds? Ultimately, the stay away fans are really missing out on some great value entertainment (where else could you get to see 2 games of SPL football for as little as £15) and it's their lose.

This season may very well turn out to be the greatest in ICT's history and I for one don't want to miss any of it  :ictscarf:

Key difference between the sides was when ICT attacked. When we did we looked like we could score with most of our chances. Dundee however looked somewhat toothless by comparison. Nish was a handful as usual but his finishing was poor and Baird ran about a lot but didn't really get into good positions. Riley was perhaps the best Dundee player. Douglas also had a good game.

Dundee certainly started the better team of the two but once we got going there was only going to be one winner. The penalty seemed to be the result of a rash challenge by a Dundee defender who looked to have barged over Richie Foran after Douglas was forced into two great saves. McKey struck home the penalty confidently. Dundee equalised after some good play down the ICT right before the ball was switched across to Riley on the other flank. He smashed a low drive in off the post.

ICT roared back when Tudor Jones found himself with some space at the edge and he fizzed in a "daisy cutter" beyond a despairing Douglas. The third goal for ICT was bizarre. A short backpass was seized upon by McKay who saw his initial effort blocked by Douglas and then he seemed to flick the ball into the goal whilst on his backside and being tackled by Douglas, a Dundee defender and Andrew Shinnie. The fourth was a fantastic run by Andrew Shinnie who drifted inside from the left flank and ghosted past two Dundee defenders and rifled a shot past Douglas.

A deserved win for ICT but they were made to work hard for a while by a Dundee team who, at times, played some really nice football. ICT also continued with the pleasing style of football that the fans have craved for yet some of those same fans refuse to come along to games. There is definitely a desire to get the ball down and look for a team mate instead of thumping the ball aimlessly down the pitch for a striker to chase.

A very poor 3,000 odd there today with a healthy 150 - 200 up from Dundee. This ICT team is playing some of the best football I have seen in along time in Inverness and scoring buckets of goals to boot yet crowds seem to be remaining very poor overall. Certainly the last weekend before Christmas could be looked on as a factor for the poor crowd today but it's a real shame as there is no way we can keep players like Andrew Shinnie, McKay etc on such poor crowds.

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 1

Fab result and some fab goals. Well done to all our ICT heroes yet again. We seem to like scoring 4 goals against teams from Dundee!!

As others have said, the crowd of only 3,003 was disappointing but what I do notice now is the change in mood of the crowd - even if its a small crowd. Its easy to sing when yer winning but there is a really pleasant atmosphere in the ground these days (well, at least in the North Stand - not too sure about the sweetie paper rustlers in the Main Stand :wink: ). We might not have big crowds but we are loyal. Quality rather than quantity!! The real losers are the couch potatoes and those who would rather go shopping than watch the mighty ICT. I'm afraid to miss a game these days because we are sure to score a barrowload of goals.

I just love when OTJ takes a shot from distance. Its like watching a heat-seeking missile finding its target. 

• Agree 2

Fanoffooty, I had a word with the announcer and he apologises for getting a little over excited and screaming into the mic a little more than he should. He also reassured me that he is amply fed...in fact, maybe a little over fed!!!

He also told me that he would announce the other results if not for an issue with the wireless connection in the announcers box...but this is being looked in to.

He also said that you really must be a bit of a tit if you're watching ICT this season and are more caught up in such small issues instead of relishing what is being achieved on the pitch.

• Agree 1

Nice one Kingsmills. Some fine attacking play again today and I feel so chuffed to be 2nd top at Christmas, with so many good goals scored, plus being so far ahead of the Dingers, that I have no wish to have a go at anyone. As a football fan this won't last of course but right now it's all good. Peace and goodwill to all who reside in the Sneck and those who support us from afar :santa:     

• Agree 2

http://caleythistleonline.com/page/index.html/_/reports-2012-13/inverness-ct-v-dundee-report-r1004

Full report now published on main page, videos to follow when ready.

"A chilly breezy day saw another dismal crowd of just over three thousand forgo the Christmas shopping, the long queues at Tesco and the horrific sound of endless Xmas songs wherever you go to witness an entertaining enough match with five goals and plenty to cheer." :ictscarf:

Thank you for the video short replay ... normally, it takes a few days before we can see them here in the States! The match wasn't on any streams I could find, but Rangers were ON! WTF?!

Fanoffooty, I had a word with the announcer and he apologises for getting a little over excited and screaming into the mic a little more than he should. He also reassured me that he is amply fed...in fact, maybe a little over fed!!!

He also told me that he would announce the other results if not for an issue with the wireless connection in the announcers box...but this is being looked in to.

He also said that you really must be a bit of a tit if you're watching ICT this season and are more caught up in such small issues instead of relishing what is being achieved on the pitch.

Thankyou for your FEEDback Caley D .... I can assure you i am fully focused on how well ICT are doing & rellishing every moment ! I don't feel presentation is a small issue therefor we should be highly professional in every department on & off the pitch ! . No need to get personal in name calling you should appreciate advice from a loyal fan !  & at the end of the day we all want whats best for ICT .... Ps . i dont think you announced the scorer for Dundee yesterday !..... :whistle:

• Agree 2

Scorer for Dundee was definitely announced.

The feedback is appreciated, in fact if you were up for it then perhaps you'd like to have a crack at doing the announcing for the St Mirren game?  Fully hands on so that you can get a real understanding for what's involved and thus be able to give more informed feedback.

Serious offer as I'm all for letting fans experience some of the things that go on "behind the scenes" as it were.

Scorer for Dundee was definitely announced.

The feedback is appreciated, in fact if you were up for it then perhaps you'd like to have a crack at doing the announcing for the St Mirren game?  Fully hands on so that you can get a real understanding for what's involved and thus be able to give more informed feedback.

Serious offer as I'm all for letting fans experience some of the things that go on "behind the scenes" as it were.

As much as i appreciate your offer Caley D I'm afraid i have to decline , i'm uncertain if i'm going to make it to the St Mirren game due to work commitments :sad:

You carry on as i'm sure by the end of the season you'll be up there with the all time greats ... ie Archie Macpherson & the likes

MERRY CHRISTMAS :santa: :santa: :santa:

ps. Apoligies for missing the announcement of the Dundee scorer i must've been too focused on the game :ictscarf:

Edited by Fanoffooty

One negative aspect of yesterdays match was the crowd (which is being discussed elsewhere). One thing that is notable is that our average attendance has now fallen below 4,000 in the SPL for the first time although this is with the caveat that we are halfway through the season.

Indeed, we have the second lowest average attendance in the SPL and are only marginally ahead of Saint Johnstone (3930 v 3922)!

The club must be wondering what else they can do to get fans along.

post-19-0-94273200-1356296696_thumb.png

Edited by RiG