Scotty

I just posted the comment below in the "tartan talk" thread on the Toronto FC board I post on ..... myself, luvgravy, and a few supporters of other Scottish teams spar with each other on that thread, and the rest of the non-affiliated TFC fans make the odd comment too .... So when trying to summarise it for a Canadian audience, most of whom have no interest in Scottish football, you realise just what an achievement this season is so far, and how impressive Billy's exploits are !!!

Here is what I wrote:

exactly half way through the season ... Caley Thistle sitting second in the table, 1 defeat in the last 14 games, scoring 42 goals in 19 games, (5 more than Celtic) and 20 points clear of where we normally glance at this time of the year .... at the relegation spot currently occupied by Dundee.

If myself or luvgravy predicted that at the start of the season, you would have carted us off to the funny farm !!!!

Special mention to Billy McKay though ..... 18 goals in 19 starts (24 total appearances). 12 goals in last 7 games, 7 in the last 3 games ... top of the SPL scoring charts with 14 league goals in 19 games. Andy Shinnie and Richie Foran in the top 10 SPL scorers as well with 7 league goals each

• Agree 4

Another brill result :ictscarf: :ictscarf: :ictscarf: but would somebody pleaseeeeeee feed the announcer...... he was chewing on that mic again !

Here's hoping he stuffs his dial with plenty Turkey before boxing day !!

Crackin performance. Both teams started brightly but when Owain regained the lead for us with another rasper it really seemed to deflate them. 

Thought it was a penalty straight away, seemed needless as Foran was running away from goal and big Rab would have been dissapointed as he had made a brilliant save just seconds before.

Rather than conceding after half time we doubled the advantage, was credited to Billy but no idea who actually scored but we had that 2 goal cushion and it seemed to ease any tension of us slipping up again. 

Dundee offered very little in the 2nd half and we seemed to grow in confidence with every attack. Shinnie's goal was a belter. Ghosted between two defenders before hammering it past Rab, cracking goal and typified his afternoon, he was top class. Couldve scored more but 8 goals in 2 games is terrific and we go into Christmas in 2nd place...who would have thought that?

Billy only got 2 today though, 4 was the expectation...time he was benched  :wink:

• Agree 1

Well done guys, another superb result and another entertaining mattch too.

This was such an open game that I felt nervous right up until the fourth goal because both teams were throwing so many players forward.  Our centre backs did look a little exposed on a few occasions.  But their defence - the excellent Rab Douglas aside - is just hideous and our forwards carved them open multiple times.  Another terrific performance from McKay leading the line, and Andy Shinnie was just about unplayable in the second half.

You wouldn't know we were 4-1 up if you'd looked at our dugout, where the boss appeared to have come down with an acute case of Tourette's in the second half!  As far as I could tell, the standside linesman, Graeme Shinnie and Richie Foran bore the brunt of his ire...

And isn't it nice that Colin Nish didn't score against us for a change?

We are second in the SPL at Christmas.  Bloody hell.

• Agree 2

Another brill result :ictscarf: :ictscarf: :ictscarf: but would somebody pleaseeeeeee feed the announcer...... he was chewing on that mic again !

Here's hoping he stuffs his dial with plenty Turkey before boxing day !!

I am sure Caley D will pass on your comments!!! :laugh:

• Agree 1