OTJ

davieB

Easily my MOTM today. What a player he's turning out to be this season. Hopefully he's over his injury problems, because he really has been a commanding figure in the middle for us. Always looks really composed on the ball, seems to make himself time to look up and normally pick the right pass, and is pretty formidable in the tackle. And a cracking shot on him too.

As deserved are the plaudits for Shinnie and McKays, keeping hold of OTJ must be a major priority.

• Agree 4

I'm pretty sure Ross is saying OTJ was flawless but that others were poor.

I certainly agree that OTJ was magnificent, some of his balls in behind the Dundee full backs were wonderful, but I don't agree that there were a lot of poor performers today. Sure some of the players may not have hit the heights of others on the day but they were all good enough for me.

• Agree 2

Yep I was meaning OTJ was great, but there were poor performances from others. It's been really difficult to think of 3 players for the player votes...

OTJ, Warren and Raven were brilliant. Despite scoring two goals and making some great runs, McKay struggled to get in the game. Both Shinnie's had some fantastic moments, but also some awful ones. Doran, Draper and Foran didn't do anything really wrong but didn't damage Dundee as much as they can

Just my thoughts. I'd rather win 4-1 with a performance not as good as we can play than lose but play well.

• Agree 1

Though otj and andy shinnie were absolutely fantastic today.

Otj didn't misplace a pass all day. Never lost possession, and the finish for the second goal was fantastic.

I thought that was the best Andy shinnie performance since we beat county 3-1, drove at the dundee defense, played the right ball most the time and kept trying to get that elusive goal, never giving up. And he was rewarded with his 10th of the season.

• Agree 2

An integral part of our set up and the success it has brought. He is the complete package, great passing, solid in the tackle and an eye for a shot. His physical presence makes him a nuisance for other teams as well and he has formed a formidable partnership with Draper. Hoping he keeps up the good work. 

I said it the season we signed him and i'll say it again, this guy is a real class act. He just strides through the games with such control and composure. Himself and Draper have been integral to our much improved defensive performances this season and long may it continue. They work brilliantly together and it was great to see both of them taking turns at pressing Dundee high up the pitch today and that forced them into make mistakes. Jones has some real ability there and the longer we can keep him and preferably Draper alongside him, the better. Big thumbs up for the MOTM today  :thumbup:

• Agree 1

I'm always delighted to see OTJ take a shot from distance. His power and accuracy when shooting from distance is really impressive. For a big lad he has a neat touch when under pressure.

Having been at the last Wales v Scotland match in Cardiff - Gareth Bale and Ramsay apart - OTJ is as good, if not better, than those who played for Wales that evening. 

• Agree 1

An even better one to look at is his effort against Ross County in the 3 - 3 game a few weeks back. He gets behind the ball and doesn't lean back. He adopts a perfect position for a long range effort. Wonderful technique.

OTJ deserves all the accolades he gets on here, a truly great player.

Since we got our act together each player in the team in his own right has deserved every bit of praise given and each has been outstanding at some point or other but the wonderfull thing is the way the team is playing for eachother, a true team spirit manifesting itself in points on the table. A team of players from keeper to strikers hell bent in showing that they are capable of overcoming any mishaps and  striving to make ammends no matter what the odds.

Perhaps Mr Bannerman will one day write another book, a book about this team and entitle it ''No matter the odds''  because I have a strong feeling about this squad going down in history. The potential is there the desire appears to be there and what they have accomplished so far is phenominal.

It is a pleasure to feel we are witnessing a success story.

• Agree 1

Perhaps Mr Bannerman will one day write another book, a book about this team and entitle it ''No matter the odds''  because I have a strong feeling about this squad going down in history. The potential is there the desire appears to be there and what they have accomplished so far is phenominal.

Why don't you start writing it yourself?