Out Of Contract Players

TinRoofMan

I just saw a link to a list of the 153 SPL players that are out of contract at the end of the season & who are free to sign pre contracts in January..

http://sport.stv.tv/football/207722-the-155-spl-players-who-are-free-to-find-a-new-club-in-january/

The Caley players are Nick Ross, Andrew Shinnie, Owain Tudur-Jones, Aaron Doran, Shane Sutherland, David Raven, Gavin Morrison, Ross Draper, Antonio Reguero, Gary Warren & Scott Mathieson.

Lots of key players from our list that makes me start to worry..

Celtic & Dundee United dont have many at all, but most other teams have a huge percentage of their squads out of contract..

Who do you think will get offered & sign new deals for us?

Do we just wait & see how we get on in the league & in the cups? Or should we be acting now before they are snapped up elsewhere?

The current ICT squad unlike last season are a TEAM. This has made a huge difference in consistency of selection which has led to great performances. Any departures would detract from the potential of this TEAM to go on to achieve great success in the SPL and other competitions.

I would keep the squad together. The priorities however, have to be, Andrew Shinnie who has been offered a new contact, OTJ, Aaron Doran who has indicated in the courier that he'd like to stay, Ross Draper, Antonio Reguero, David Raven and Garry Warren both of whom have today said in the courier that they want to stay. WIth Nick Ross already signing a new contract, that just leaves us with Shane Sutherland, Gavin Morrison and Scott Mathieson who i'd like to see stay but if they did leave, it wouldn't be the end of the world. 

The one I really worry about is Andrew Shinnie. He's the standout player in the squad and having yet to sign a contract that has been on the table for weeks now, i'm beginning to worry. I believe that the players really want to stay and fight for Europe together.

I go along with the stay together shout. To accomplish what is possible for ICT this season it is important that together-Ness is the key factor. I believe they will give assurance that they want to stay and will be welcomed into new contracts. It is a difficult time for the Club so keep your fingers crossed.

Your going to miss out on a chance to play in Europe next season alongside great men, you have stood shoulder to shoulder with your team mates on the the pitch, to earn the right to play in Europe next season.  Tade left us to play in Europe (or so he says) but he didnt earn the right to be there,   You've all earned that right.

Most of you are still young and will look back on seasons 2012-2014 with fond memories, of a time when it was more about love and passion, than having more money elsewhere but being left with an empty heart.

Besides, If A Shinnie goes, who will laugh at his jokes?  :smile:

Edited by 12th Man
  • Agree 1

Yes, I agree that for a lot of our squad, this season represents the best chance they will ever have of reaching Europe. I almost have to pinch myself when I say that because, if I'm honest, I would never have thought that we'd be challenging for Europe after the first few games of the season. I know there is 'many a slip' etc etc, but to be where we are at mid season is a massive achievement in itself, and I feel optimistic that we'll be there or thereabouts at season end.

The team really does seem to be a cohesive unit this season and it is great to see their confidence and self belief growing as every game passes. All we need is for this to continue, with an injury free run, in the New Year, for 2013 to be an extremely Happy New Year for all us fans. OK, throw in a cup final for good measure. We deserve it.

I would keep the squad together. The priorities however, have to be, Andrew Shinnie who has been offered a new contact, OTJ, Aaron Doran who has indicated in the courier that he'd like to stay, Ross Draper, Antonio Reguero, David Raven and Garry Warren both of whom have today said in the courier that they want to stay. WIth Nick Ross already signing a new contract, that just leaves us with Shane Sutherland, Gavin Morrison and Scott Mathieson who i'd like to see stay but if they did leave, it wouldn't be the end of the world. 

The one I really worry about is Andrew Shinnie. He's the standout player in the squad and having yet to sign a contract that has been on the table for weeks now, i'm beginning to worry. I believe that the players really want to stay and fight for Europe together.

That means nothing. There are many reasons why those things take time. The main one being organising a time when player, agent, manager and DoF can get together. Graeme signed, Andrew will do likewise. Champions league qualifiers a begging.

• Agree 1

Richard Brittain please.  A good set piece taker is the one thing ICT are lacking at the moment and would also mean County hurtle even closer towards relegation!   :cool:

Edited by Renegade

Guest Mahonio

If either Antonio Reguero or Ryan Esson were to leave then Darren Randolph or Craig Samson would be a good replacement.

My personal preference would be Steven Saunders or Ryan O'Leary as he's a Centre Half but who would we move on in order for him to come in?

I expect Jason Oswell may leave in Jan as he's not played a single game for us so i would replace him with Michael Higdon but he will surely get a new deal from Stuart.

I think some of the youths might be ready for a loan to Div 1 or 2. But on the other hand, there's still the U20 team which is doing quite well and shouldn't be weakened either.

IMO how well the U20 team is doing is not important. Player development is the priority and if this means players going out on loan to get first team game time then that is what should be done. This also creates places for others to develop in the U20's.

Keep everyone. Stability is the key in this case. I can see the likes of Oswell going. Billy wont leave unless we get a great offer for him. Cant stop lads leaving if they want to further our careers. If they leave we will replace them. We did it in the summer and we can do it again.

Wouldnt want to be Motherwell right now. Murphy is already away. Randolph isnt signing and they have plenty more that will be leaving either now or at the end of the season and with them operating on the losses they have they will struggle to sign players of equal quality. 

• Agree 1

That means nothing. There are many reasons why those things take time. The main one being organising a time when player, agent, manager and DoF can get together. Graeme signed, Andrew will do likewise. Champions league qualifiers a begging.

I'm sure the Champions League Qualifiers comment was said with 'tongue in cheek', but regardless, this season's SPL Runners-up don't go into that Competition. The coefficient has caught up with Scottish Football! For that reason, as much as it sticks in the throat of some, Scottish fans should be supporting all Scottish teams in Europe.

Edited by Sneckboy

If either Antonio Reguero or Ryan Esson were to leave then Darren Randolph or Craig Samson would be a good replacement.

My personal preference would be Steven Saunders or Ryan O'Leary as he's a Centre Half but who would we move on in order for him to come in?

I expect Jason Oswell may leave in Jan as he's not played a single game for us so i would replace him with Michael Higdon but he will surely get a new deal from Stuart.

There is little to no chance of any of those players signing.

I'm sure the Champions League Qualifiers comment was said with 'tongue in cheek', but regardless, this season's SPL Runners-up don't go into that Competition. The coefficient has caught up with Scottish Football! For that reason, as much as it sticks in the throat of some, Scottish fans should be supporting all Scottish teams in Europe.

Not at all.....we're gonna win the league. :tongueincheek:  Seriously though we have three chances to get to Europa. Finish second or third and its 2nd qualifying round. Win Scottish cup and its 3rd qualifying round. So its all to play for in the march through Europe.

I have been looking at our bench over the last couple of months and there is not a lot of competition for places. We need to strengthen in this window if we are to stay in course for a top 6 finish. If we lost eg Warren, Draper and MacKay at the same time (remember last season?)we will struggle to continue this run. Players have been tired lately and new faces will give us the extra push to remain in the top 6. Couple of defenders and a midfielder would be top of my list.