Phillip Roberts Contract

BornCaley

Had a nice chat last night with a good friend who has a contact high up at ICT! He mentioned a few little tit bits about Butcher that shall remain between him & I but he did mention that ICT are in talks with Arsenal about Roberts contract once the loan period ends!

Should be a good bit of business if we can land him on a permanent deal!

His work rate is severely lacking. A player sent on loan is generally done so to improve his work ethic and toughen him up. He floats about the park and despite not playing more than 15minutes never appears to put any effort in. The goal against county aside I remain to be impressed.

Well he is staying on as my feckin signature, He reminds me of the young Barry Robson and the stick that he got at the off. This lad has huge potential and as I have alluded to many times before he is a natural centre forward who is learning his trade in the feckin SPL in a position he probably does not favour but, at the present time, it fits in to our system. That is a big learning curve for a young man but will favour him in the long run. He also has been more limited to sub appearances of late and it can be difficult for the most seasoned professional to come on and change a game with 15 - 20 minutes to go. He had to bear the brunt of some clowns TEAM frustration yesterday but again he will grow a better player for that.

Many fear losing McKay but I fink that my wee pal Rastamouse could fill the goal scoring centre forward role IN TIME.

• Agree 3

100% keep him on. We always lose players and we need to look to signing players to replace them straight away. IMO, moves like this will help with transition rather than losing all our players in June and replacing them in a busy pre season and rush signing, get them in before we lose the bigger players, right now I think we're in the best position we have ever been. We have a very talented first choice squad, and one or two who will almost certainly move on, but we already have replacements waiting in the wings, like pepper, cooper, Laing etc. this will reduce the amount of pre season "rush signing" the team will know each other better etc.

Focus on the present but always keep one eye on the future.

• Agree 1

Roberts has made a large contribution already to the success of this team, Terry is nursing him on in his usual casual but strict style.

Watch out for more explosive play by Roberts before this season ends, this lad has bags of still unused potential which he hasn't even opened up yet!!

• Agree 1

He's got real talent. If anyone can make him a more mature player then Butcher can. At 18 he still has a lot to learn. Would love to see him become our own player.