Phillip Roberts Contract

BornCaley

I heard a while back that Arsenal weren't going to keep him after the end of this season.  Don't know how true that is, but that's what I was told.

Someone told you that the 18 year old Arsenal have put out on loan to the SPL and then extended the loan isn't going to get kept on?

You must have amazing contacts.

I told you so!

Looks like I do have amazing contacts after all! 

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/arsenal/transfer-talk/news/meade-to-be-released-by-arsenal_86832.html

As mentioned on the other thread, Philip Roberts is to be released by Arsenal.

Yes, your contacts really have come through on this.  Eighteen year old Academy player, sent on loan to the SPL where he has a relatively poor season to be released?  Stunning revelations.  I'll be completely honest with everyone here, I was pretty sure that Wenger had planned to sell Giroud and Walcott and use the money to plough into the Roberts-fund. 

Let us know what your contacts are going to give you next, meight, it's top having someone so ITK on the forum.

• Agree 1

I heard a while back that Arsenal weren't going to keep him after the end of this season.  Don't know how true that is, but that's what I was told.

Someone told you that the 18 year old Arsenal have put out on loan to the SPL and then extended the loan isn't going to get kept on?

You must have amazing contacts.

I told you so!

Looks like I do have amazing contacts after all! 

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/arsenal/transfer-talk/news/meade-to-be-released-by-arsenal_86832.html

As mentioned on the other thread, Philip Roberts is to be released by Arsenal.

Yes, your contacts really have come through on this.  Eighteen year old Academy player, sent on loan to the SPL where he has a relatively poor season to be released?  Stunning revelations.  I'll be completely honest with everyone here, I was pretty sure that Wenger had planned to sell Giroud and Walcott and use the money to plough into the Roberts-fund. 

Let us know what your contacts are going to give you next, meight, it's top having someone so ITK on the forum.

shootingstars_vicbob-300x166.jpg

...and+by+friend+you+mean+yourself.+And+

With or without fans like us, he would be better off elsewhere and so would we

He is a nice lad but he is far from good enough to play for ICT, . We need players who will get stuck in, this is a physical league, we can't afford passengers.

Every time I saw him go up for a header he was at least a yard off the ball.

Every time when the team was hot under the collar striving to win the ball in midfield, he was seen on the wing hogging the touchline, miles away from the play.

I was always glad when he was substituted and a guy like Morrison came on who plays with some blood and guts, and gets stuck in.

A wide midfielder in this league has to be able to mix it. It is no good swanning about like a kid in the school yard, hoping to find a loose ball and score a goal, and impress the teacher.  Lets realise in this league football is played at a high tempo, and when you go in front you tackle hard keep possession and metaphorically  park the bus.  I just don't think Roberts fits  the bill he is just not hard enough.

He is a nice lad but he is far from good enough to play for ICT, . We need players who will get stuck in, this is a physical league, we can't afford passengers.

Feckin hell, never saw Andrew Shinnie getting 'stuck' in very much, and were we glad to have him last season.

Feckin hell, never saw Andrew Shinnie getting 'stuck' in very much, and were we glad to have him last season.

Ha Ha , As they say in London " You are avin a larf *  You  just cant be serious, how can you compare Andrew Shinnie and Roberts. like comparing a race horse with a mule. For goodness sake !

You dont have to get stuck in (which he actially did), he scored tons

What amazes me about this topic is that people are slating him and saying they're glad to see the back of him...
Well, if you were that bothered about what he DIDNT contribute to the team/club and how USELESS he was, then why are you bothered about talking about him?
He's gone. No longer at the club. Wont be back for pre-season. Wont wear an ICT jersey again.

In my personal opinion I thought he contributed as much as he could to the side. He came to the club as a striker and was constantly played in midfield. Is it any wonder he didnt get stuck in as much as one might hope?

Lets not forget what he DID do whilst here...
Set up 2 and scored 1 in the 4-0 win over Utd. - Our first win of the last campaign.

He scored the equaliser in the 3-3 derby day draw in the Scottish Cup.

He scored the decisive penalty against Stenny in last years league cup.

Not to mention he set up a few goals in other important matches, not least the 1-0 win at parkhead.

• Agree 8

Hear hear G J, well said,  short memories and lack of vision with some Youth is a fickle time especially coming with aspirations of Arsenal and beyond, difficult for the young lad but he certainly has more ability than some on here seem to realise and will be a strong player one day soon, given the right opportunity. Could even emulate the great Denis Law.

A player of his age leaving two Celtic players on their Ass's and the rest of the defence bemused before crossing the ball for that goal, I laughed my socks off  or should I say larfed my socks off, brilliant talent.

Fate played it's cruel part when he missed that penalty, that's when his confidence fell flat,  but it will come back.

There's none so blind as those who cannot see!!!!!!!!

• Agree 1

There aren't many players who deserve much stick that have played for ICT. Niculae, Blackman may have some history, Hayes, Reguero, OTJ, Tade all left to rival clubs. Hogg left after injury. Barrowman used to get quite a bit. McGuire too. Is any of it warranted?

Certainly, in Roberts case, no. Is there a "boo" ometer we can refer to?

So you are dismissing my opinion.

I have been watching football for nearly 60 years , I have run junior teams and been a ref.

I think I know a good player when I see one

This guy lacks a lot of what it takes

well this topic was started by me nearly 7 months ago when he was an ICT player; albiet on loan...kinda pointless talkiing about him now he is gone. Although "my" contacts were right in that they were speaking to Arsenal about his contract at that time; ICT decided against it. I guess 'that' penalty sealed his future at the club!

Oh and for the record it was Arsenal who had started the dialogue.

Lets be a movin on!

Edited by BornCaley
  • Agree 1

I have been watching football for nearly 60 years , I have run junior teams and been a ref.

To be fair Laurence, nobody is dismissing your opinion but other posters permitted to have views of their own notwithstanding the fact that they differ from yours.

I pretty much dismiss your opinion on everything.

This whole "I'm older and therefore must be right and must be respected" attitude that you have is about as condescending and arrogant as it gets.

You're not one of these old boys that sits behind the home dugout foaming at the mouth all season are you?  If not, you should go over and introduce yourself because these guys think they know more about football than everyone else as well, you'd fit right in.

I'm actually surprised that with 60 years of watching football, coaching and refereeing that we've never heard about you before....does the footballing world know what they've missed out on by letting you slip through the net?  Maybe it's not too late and we could replace Butcher with your good self before the start of the season...if only you had made yourself and your experience known to us sooner!!!

• Agree 5