Butcher to Barnsley? Terry stays put***

RossP

We have to accept that both ICT management and players will attract attention. There is no money to be gained directly from working for ICT - we do not have the fan base or TV and other sponsorship.

With Barnsley the extra pay and relocation hassle if Terry is tempted will probably result in Division 1 football next year. Well he does have experience of rebuilding from Division 1 but that may not happen again so quickly.  For some though the challenge will be about 'I can turn things around'. If Terry was talking to himself he would say ' you can earn good money  in the short term but if things go wrong your managerial career could end up on the scrap heap. You are happy in the Highlands and are close to your best year ever as a manager. If you still remain ambitious, go to a more fashionable club.'

Sir Terry is staying, he wants the Euro challenge as much as we do.

Think ahead, the support and the money will come pouring in next season when we become the top Scottish Challengers for European glory.

The days of the Celts are nigh!......... ICT are on their way and with Terry at the helm there will be no stopping the charge of the Highlanders.

Keep the faith, TogetherNess will win.        :smile:

• Agree 1

Lots of beautiful little villages around there though.

I think it would be a mistake. If Butcher can get a cup win or 2nd-3rd place, he could probably go in at a club with a bit more to them than Barnsley, or even continue improving Inverness for a number of years, emulating what Bobby Robson did at Ipswich.

Well that would be a no brainier to most but I am reliably informed that Barnsley are offering a substantial compensation fee for TB !!

Personally I doubt whether they have the necessary reputation to draw his attention but the better he does the more he is going to put himself in the shop window - so thank feck for the spondoolicks being quietly sneaked in by the Muirfield Mills mob.

• Agree 1

Dont know if this quote from a young lad from Barnsley some years ago whilst camping at Fort William will sway matters, but true story non the less

"Barnsley they dont do football they do pubs"

Looking at their position at the moment he must have known what he was speaking about!!

Guest Mahonio

Terry would be crazy to leave for Barnsley, he just needs to look at Derek McInnes, yes, he did keep Bristol City in Championship last season but he has them near bottom again this season so could get them relegated which may cost him his job and also, Terry hasn't really been successful in England.

He can do A LOT better than Barnsley imho!

im more worried that mourinho has fallen out with king iker at madrid.

whos gonna budge? will madrid let mourinho go? or will they let king iker go?

if they let mourihno go then surely butchers first in line, and if they let king iker go then surely regueros their number 1 target.

this is worrying

• Agree 1

So you think that highly of Antonio?

of course. i hope the situation at madrid can be resolved as i fear their financial muscle will take either butcher or antonio.

however if one of them goes, we may be able to strike a deal whereby real will take our youth players on loan to give them first team experience at the bernabeu, making them our feeder club, and we could use the compensation to re-sign golobart and give him key to the city. it wouldnt be the worst thing to happen to ict. :crazy:

*note these posts are probably due to my sleeping pattern been fecked during the holidays hence why i sound deranged. *

So you think that highly of Antonio?

of course. i hope the situation at madrid can be resolved as i fear their financial muscle will take either butcher or antonio.

however if one of them goes, we may be able to strike a deal whereby real will take our youth players on loan to give them first team experience at the bernabeu, making them our feeder club, and we could use the compensation to re-sign golobart and give him key to the city. it wouldnt be the worst thing to happen to ict. :crazy:

*note these posts are probably due to my sleeping pattern been fecked during the holidays hence why i sound deranged. *

Dont worry. They will hopefully make the smart move and take Darren Randolph from Motherwell to replace King Iker. I do worry for Owain's future here if Xabi Alonso chooses to go back to the Premier League, Madrid will want a strong, combative midfielder with a great passing range to fill that void. 

• Agree 1

Guest Mahonio

You got it wrong KingBeastie, its Wolves he's going to after they sack Stale Solbakken.

I have never known a festive period where so many managers lose their jobs :O.

Edited by Mahonio