Butcher to Barnsley? Terry stays put***

RossP

Barnsley to interview Butcher within the next 48 hours and are saying they got a "good vibe" from him.  Sounds to me like he applied/is interested in the job.

And it sounds to me like he's offski.

They were confident that O'Driscoll was going to accept and described it as a body blow to the club when he turned them down.

Did Barnsley really say "good vibe" in a statement??

Edited by Big G

Not even sure Terry is around, last I heard he was off to spend some time with the family.

He's also a gent and will show due respect by giving Barnsley the chance to talk properly to him before politely declining....as much as we might all like him to just deliver a two word response!!!

I'm not worried.

New manager theme, if indeed it happens, Gary Bollan.  Did a great job at Livingston, successive promotions on a zero budget and sacked mid table Div 1 for no reason apart from the board wanting a "big name". Yogi Hughes !!  And what a great job he made !!

Hope Terry stays ....think he d be mad to go ..

I've heard that if Butcher goes he will sign our entire team sad.gif

What are we going to do!? sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

Edited by RiG

Barnsley fans ain't that happy. One quote on "Tykes Mad" forum says " I would rather dig up Pat Butcher and give her the job". Owen Coyle is their favorite and they are pretty sure Terry will turn them down anyway.

Edited by Big G

At this moment I have faith in all CaleyD's posts!

However if TB were to go along with his faithful assistant he would get my best wishes for the future and thanks for all he/they have done for my team.  

It boils down to cash or glory, 

As a manager this must be his best job ever,  still in 2 cups, 2nd in the league and one eye on playing in Europe next season. 

He will get more pay but he can wave goodbye to  any of the above.

I would like to see him here till end of 2014.

• Agree 1

There is no way that TB is motivated by cash. The man owns property all over the country. I believe he still owns a hotel in Bridge of Allan as well. If money was a factor then he'd never have come to us.

Personally I'll wait and see what happens before speculating on who's going to take over.

Surely not bl**dy Barnsley

Blackburn or Wolves maybe, but not Barnsley at any price.

Or as Dean Saunders gone to Wolves?

Or as a contributer mentioned Doncaster above , he must have

Edited by Laurence

He will talk to Barnsley. Why shouldn't he? If anyone on here was offered a potentially better/alternative job, you would be stupid to reject it without seeing whats on offer. 
 But if what their fans are saying on their site, (they are selling their good players, there is no money for new players, the board have no ambition, the fans wouldn't be behind him), if all that is true, why leave the comfort and reasonable security of ICT.  

"Caley away with Terry and Mo" :ictscarf: :ictscarf:   for a while longer I think!

• Agree 2

Terry was down in Weegie land the other day and bumped into Neil Doncaster. In the conversation, over a glass of wine at the Counting House, Terry mentioned that he had aquired a bit of land near Drumnadrochit but wasn't sure what to do with it. Neil say's 'why dont you put up a barn, slay some deer and hang them in it.

A Daily Ranger reporter was sitting at the next table and the rest is on the news.

• Agree 2

There is no way that TB is motivated by cash. The man owns property all over the country. I believe he still owns a hotel in Bridge of Allan as well. If money was a factor then he'd never have come to us.

Personally I'll wait and see what happens before speculating on who's going to take over.

His record certainly seems to say money is a factor. I don't understand it myself, when he's not short of a bob.

Also, he came to us because no-one wanted him. He'd had a pretty poor spell and Brentford and Sydney (neither of which he got time to change the club to his style). We took a chance and it paid off but don't tell me he was fending them off with the brown end of a stick. He's been good for us. We've been good for him.

It's cash or glory. Nothing else.

• Agree 2

TB will be asking himself, can he turn around a bunch of no-hopers at the bottom of the league into be a top of the table side with serious cup ambitions.

He did that 4 years ago when he took managers job here.

Therefore it is quite simple does TB believe he can take Barnsley to the Promised Land of the English Premier League. If it is yes he will take the job, if not he will stay.

Personally I hope that every week from now to the end of the season there a story of TB going here or going there, that means we are still winning!