Butcher to Barnsley? Terry stays put***

RossP

If Tel were to go, even if it werent to the Tykes, or Donnie, we could do worse by enticing Craig Levein up north. I know the baggage he carries from the Scotland job, his blind man specs, the 6-4-0 formation etc, but he has probably the best record in the SPL outwith old firm managers, and Jimmy The Orangeman. I think he would keep us in the top half regular, and has a very good record with youth and finding talent. 

Better than anyone else mentioned, if we needed to look for someone. 

Also outside bet, Ross Jack at Elgin, who has his team playing like our old Pele days.

It's been shown time and again that ICT do better under managers that play the ball on the deck.  Any long ball candidate (no matter how big a profile they have) are best avoided.

Edited by Renegade

Gawdddddd.....I thought I could get away from most of the Twitter ***** by coming on here.  Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just for you Don, more twitter *****.. @TyroneSTV: Terry Butcher is on his way back to Inverness with his future still unresolved. He's set for talks with his backroom team

I totally object to any ex ICT manager taking the job again should it come up. We did that before and it was a resounding failure, bear in mind other than Brewster and Balltacha (correct me if I'm wrong, it was mutual consent?) all the other candidates quit as opposed to being sacked, does that show loyalty?

If I had my choice I would take Jimmy Calderwood or Paul Sheerin but I would be open to other ideas. Like someone said before I never would have thought we would have ended up with someone like Terry Butcher. Lets just hope it doesn't come to us having to find a replacement.

• Agree 1

Apparently Pep's off to Arsenal with Wenger going to PSG.

Robbo's a top guy and did superb when he first arrived, he turning inconsistent raw players with potential, into a team of athletes and winners.  He also got us started in the SPL with the right attitude and work ethic, we dont need that now.

Lots of potential replacements out there, lets just hope we have to wait until the summer to bring one in.

This whole drama with TB should serve us well one way or another.

He wouldn't be my choice but I think you have to seperate Levein of Scotland and Levein of the SPL (sounds like something from Tiger comic). He was good with Hearts and terrific with Dundee United. As I say, he still wouldn't be my first choice (and the whole compensation saga would use a lot of time) but it's not as bad or as defensive a choice as his international career suggests.

I wonder if Jimmy Calderwood would work with Malpas and Foran? I'd like to keep some of the old in and prepare Foran for a future manager post.

...assuming Butcher leaves of course.