Butcher to Barnsley? Terry stays put***

RossP

http://ictfc.com/news/club-news/761-club-news

TERRY IS STAYING!
Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC is extremely pleased to announce that manager Terry Butcher is staying at the club.

Terry returned north this evening after discussions with Barnsley FC over their managerial vacancy. He met ICT chairman Kenny Cameron and indicated that he was committed to seeing out his contract with the club.

Terry commented: "I was pleased that Caley Thistle gave me the opportunity to talk to Barnsley, who were excellent to deal with.

"But I have decided that my future lies at Inverness. We have been going extremely well to be second in the SPL, still in the Scottish Cup and with a League Cup semi final to look forward to later this month.

"I have also brought people to this club and, on reflection, feel that I should remain with them to try and continue the good work.My focus is now firmly on that."

Chairman Kenny Cameron said: "We´re delighted that Terry Butcher is to remain with us and the fans will greatly welcome the news.

"When Barnsley made their approach we felt that out of courtesy we should allow Terry the opportunity to meet with them. But it is a huge relief that he has opted to stay.

"These are exciting times at this club under the management of Terry and Maurice Malpas and we now look forward to maintaining what has been a wonderful season."

It's official, you dancer!!!!

Edited by PullMyFinger

That Terry has turned down what will be the biggest job offered to an incumbent ICT manager, to reamain at the club shows just how far we have come and also how nuch belief he has in his team, make no mistake this is his team. I have no doubt that Terry will move on but until then he's ours and I'll continue to feel all warm and fluffy. :bighug:

• Agree 4

That Terry has turned down what will be the biggest job offered to an incumbent ICT manager, to reamain at the club shows just how far we have come and also how nuch belief he has in his team, make no mistake this is his team. I have no doubt that Terry will move on but until then he's ours and I'll continue to feel all warm and fluffy. :bighug:

hearts are a much bigger club than barnsley, robbo was never going to turn them down

aberdeen and pele too?

Edited by clacher_holiday2

I thought our fans knew Terry a bit better than to seriously think he might be for the off....to Barnsley!!!

He's got more about him than to walk out on a job half done, especially when we're on the verge of something special....and I believe that, regardless of the potential increase in salary.

How does he move on to his next job and get the club, fans and players believing in his ethos of togetherness and achieving success as a team if he turns his back on that at ICT?  He doesn't...and again I don't believe he would even consider it.

Inevitable that he's going to attract interest and the club giving permission to speak means little, IMO.  Terry is not the kind of person to ask the club to refuse permission on his behalf, he'll talk for himself every time.

We're just going through the motions, and possibly not for the only time this month.

Take a deep breath....and relax!!!!!

:clapoverhead:

Got to hand it to you mate, you got off the fence, stuck your neck out and unwaiveringly nailed your colours to the mast of the right ship long before it sailed.

• Agree 4