Butcher to Barnsley? Terry stays put***

RossP

If the worst happens it will be Malpas that gets the job...got no doubt about that.

The worst that could happen would be Malpas getting the job!  His managerial record's horrific!

No. The worst that could happen would be Adams being offered the job :blink:

I thought our fans knew Terry a bit better than to seriously think he might be for the off....to Barnsley!!!

He's got more about him than to walk out on a job half done, especially when we're on the verge of something special....and I believe that, regardless of the potential increase in salary.

How does he move on to his next job and get the club, fans and players believing in his ethos of togetherness and achieving success as a team if he turns his back on that at ICT?  He doesn't...and again I don't believe he would even consider it.

Inevitable that he's going to attract interest and the club giving permission to speak means little, IMO.  Terry is not the kind of person to ask the club to refuse permission on his behalf, he'll talk for himself every time.

We're just going through the motions, and possibly not for the only time this month.

Take a deep breath....and relax!!!!!

I'm not sure I understand your derision of Burnley. They are a big club, much bigger than ourselves.

And if it's such a ludicrous idea, why has Terry not already informed Burnley of his decision and released a statement staying he is staying? I would say at the very least he is considering it.

Also your point on him not being welcomed by Burnley, because of your perceived notions of hypocrisy is utter drivel. All managers preach togetherness and success as a team, does that mean no manager should ever leave if offered a better job? Remember most of us wanted TB sacked 5 months ago, he doesn't owe anyone anything. Most burnley players and fans have never heard of ICT anyway.

I sincerely hope you are totally correct and know TB as well as you say you do, but I can't help but be worried.

If the worst happens it will be Malpas that gets the job...got no doubt about that.

The worst that could happen would be Malpas getting the job!  His managerial record's horrific!

No. The worst that could happen would be Adams being offered the job :blink:

Not saying i want it to, just reckon thats what will happen.

I thought our fans knew Terry a bit better than to seriously think he might be for the off....to Barnsley!!!

He's got more about him than to walk out on a job half done, especially when we're on the verge of something special....and I believe that, regardless of the potential increase in salary.

How does he move on to his next job and get the club, fans and players believing in his ethos of togetherness and achieving success as a team if he turns his back on that at ICT?  He doesn't...and again I don't believe he would even consider it.

Inevitable that he's going to attract interest and the club giving permission to speak means little, IMO.  Terry is not the kind of person to ask the club to refuse permission on his behalf, he'll talk for himself every time.

We're just going through the motions, and possibly not for the only time this month.

I'm not sure I understand your derision of Burnley. They are a big club, much bigger than ourselves.

And if it's such a ludicrous idea, why has Terry not already informed Burnley of his decision and released a statement staying he is staying? I would say at the very least he is considering it.

Also your point on him not being welcomed by Burnley, because of your perceived notions of hypocrisy is utter drivel. All managers preach togetherness and success as a team, does that mean no manager should ever leave if offered a better job? Remember most of us wanted TB sacked 5 months ago, he doesn't owe anyone anything. Most burnley players and fans have never heard of ICT anyway.

I sincerely hope you are totally correct and know TB as well as you say you do, but I can't help but be worried.

Or Barnsley.

No point speculating on our next manager till anything happens. There would be no shortage of applicants if Terry does go. How often does a manager get the chance to go to a team lying second in the league, in one semi-final of a cup and in the last sixteen of another?

Now having looked at that why would TB want to go?

• Agree 1

Or Barnsley.

Haha!

Yeah I meant Barnsley obviously  :laugh:

What derision?  I'm an ICT fan and I think my club is a better proposition than any other....I make no apology for that.

Apparently, Sky Sports are reporting that if Butcher is appointed manager, he'll be taking Billy McKay with him.  :sad:

Think the word you're looking for is "speculating".  Barnsley are in the process of selling some of their best players...why do that and then buy in replacements?

What derision?  I'm an ICT fan and I think my club is a better proposition than any other....I make no apology for that.

"I thought our fans knew Terry a bit better than to seriously think he might be for the off....to Barnsley!!!"

Apparently, Sky Sports are reporting that if Butcher is appointed manager, he'll be taking Billy McKay with him.  :sad:

:lol: Doesn't quite work like that, its not like when you or I leave a job and walk out with some stationery supplies.

Barnsley are in the process of selling their top striker to Bolton so I think the reporters are doing a 2+2 thing.

I've been watching SSN all afternoon. Not heard any mention of Billy McKay.

"I thought our fans knew Terry a bit better than to seriously think he might be for the off....to Barnsley!!!"

Can't believe I'm arguing with the Gatepost  :slapme:

Awkward position for Barnsley, having already had 1 very public knockback they don't want the embarrasment of another, and then to be looking at the next candidate on the list with everyone knowing he is only 3rd choice at best. They will be trying very hard to get their man.

I admire your faith and I hope you are right.

But I think enough hours have lapsed for Terry to have politely declined by now if it were such an easy decision.

From BBC link above:

"Caley Thistle are currently second in the SPL, a position that would see them reach the Champions League qualifying stage if they maintain it to the end of the season. The Twerton Park side have lost just three games all season in the league, one fewer than league leaders Celtic."

Twerton Park is Bath City FFS!

And second place doesn't get a CL place

But I think enough hours have lapsed for Terry to have politely declined by now if it were such an easy decision.

Yes, I agree.  If Terry was not interested, I feel that he would have said so by now.  The bookies don't often get it wrong.  Terry is odds on favoutite now.  As others have said, Barnsley will be anxious to avoid being rejected by another of their choices, so will be putting the pressure on.  The longer it goes, the less promising it is for us keeping him imo.

It's often said that the bookies are seldom wrong.  I was looking at the odds for the next Barnsley manager yesterday and Butcher wasn't even on the list.  Overnight he becomes the 8/13 favourite!

Maybe they know something we don't....

Barnsley need permission to speak to Butcher. If the right people are not in the office then that permission cannot be obtained. Hope they're all away on holiday to somewhere there's no mobile signal.

Terry's on the phone to O'Driscoll to seek advice.

"Barnsley will contact TB within the next 48hrs to discuss the job of manager"

The club have given permission to speak so it would be rude not to listen and to make a statement before speaking to them. The club and TB will behave in the manner they always do and whatever happens it will be done the right way and not by giving off the cuff statements and issuing sound bites to please the media

Barnsley to interview Butcher within the next 48 hours and are saying they got a "good vibe" from him.  Sounds to me like he applied/is interested in the job.

And it sounds to me like he's offski.

Edited by Renegade