Butcher to Barnsley? Terry stays put***

RossP

I would think managing ICTFC must be one of the easiest management jobs in football. The staff at the club are great and there's no pressure at all, except from avoiding relegation. Anything else is seen as a bonus. I really hope he stays. He's my favourite ICTFC manager.

• Agree 1

There is no appeal to the job. Barnsley are consistent strugglers and have next to no budget for a Championship side. Tel has already accomplished so much this season we have the potential to achieve so much more. European quest and a potential trophy or a relegation scrap? It really is a no brainer.

They were in administration in 2002 and only stayed in the championship because of Portsmouth's debacle.  4 pts off safety, v. short time to get new players in, and O'Driscoll obviously wanted to see if they were realistic candidates for the Premier - they're not.  Why do all that upheaval for something that might be lucrative short-term but stressful and short-lived?? 

The board have given permission - as a courtesy.  It's prob in TB's contract.  If it was a promotion chasing team, I'd be concerned. It's not.

I thought our fans knew Terry a bit better than to seriously think he might be for the off....to Barnsley!!!

He's got more about him than to walk out on a job half done, especially when we're on the verge of something special....and I believe that, regardless of the potential increase in salary.

How does he move on to his next job and get the club, fans and players believing in his ethos of togetherness and achieving success as a team if he turns his back on that at ICT?  He doesn't...and again I don't believe he would even consider it.

Inevitable that he's going to attract interest and the club giving permission to speak means little, IMO.  Terry is not the kind of person to ask the club to refuse permission on his behalf, he'll talk for himself every time.

We're just going through the motions, and possibly not for the only time this month.

Take a deep breath....and relax!!!!!

• Agree 5

He must surely regret leaving Motherwell for Brentford.  Well, he'd more than regret ICT for Barnsley.  After everything he's done, would he still chase a few pounds?  History says yes but I hope he has learned.  It would be foolish and short-sighted in the extreme.  He took a few months to get started with us (remember pre-Xmas SFL1?).  Would he be given the chance 6 months into Barnsley and closer to relegation than promotion?

He must surely regret leaving Motherwell for Brentford.  

He didn't leave Motherwell for Brentford.  His contract finished at Motherwell and moved to Sydney at the start of the following season.  He got the Brentford job a few months after being sacked.

I wonder (if he does go) who'd be the replacement.  Paul Sheerin maybe?  Alan Moore at Morton?  Or maybe even this guy - 

00181439%20-%20250x165.jpg

:wink:

I wish I had Caley Ds confidence but I think he might be off.

I think we could do worse than get Mark McGhee in as a replacement.

ARghhhhhh noooooo!!!!

Steady on son, thats a bit scary for this hour.

• Agree 2