League Cup Semi Final v. Hearts Build Up

I know it's still about three weeks away but watching the Edinburgh derby last night really got me in the mood for this as Hearts were utter dross. We have a great chance of going through to our first major national cup final and I would say this is our biggest single match since Falkirk at home on the final day in 08/09. ( :cry:) Despite the disgraceful decision to hold the match in Edinburgh I think we are still favourites and if anything that may benefit us as we have a great away record (1 defeat this season).

Hopefully Hearts sell a few of their players over the next couple of weeks and we keep our squad as it is. Anyone know how many tickets we have sold so far?

If the club are able to organize a singing section  they have got till tomorrow afternoon to sort it out and announce it, if not we have enough vocal fans to make it a good day wherever they are.

I think the team will be pleasantly surprised by the amount of fans turning up.

Wheres a good place to eat / drink on that side of the city

If the club are able to organize a singing section  they have got till tomorrow afternoon to sort it out and announce it, if not we have enough vocal fans to make it a good day wherever they are. I think the team will be pleasantly surprised by the amount of fans turning up.   Wheres a good place to eat / drink on that side of the city
The Phoenix on Broughton Street is decent, cheap by Edinburgh standards. Closer to Easter Road, Robbies Bar on Leith Walk is good.

Firstly we will allocate a singing section, although there is a strict order in which we must sell the tickets, so please try to book as early as possible if you want to be within the singing area.

We have been invited pre match to http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/four-in-hand-edinburgh  which is owned by an ex Hibs player and a busy Hibs pub.  They can accommodate around 200 people and we will have this venue exclusively to us (not a chance of there being any Hearts fans there lol).  Pies and sandwiches will be provided from 12.30. 

Anyone planning travelling by ICT Travel Club, can you please phone Liz to book on 07951 309504 as I would hope we will be taking a few buses and these will need to be planned out sooner rather than later.  If there was enough interest we could have one bus leaving much earlier, maybe 8.30 - 9am, heading straight to the above pub for pre match build up.

We have been allocated the Famous Five Stand, so let's make sure we fill it - I would be really surprised if we don't sell our allocation.

Edited by L_G
typo
  • Agree 5

I would arrange transport asap,  Ive just been checking train ticket prices and the prices have shot right up from Inverness.

The supporters bus is good value for money and could also pick up on the way down  but the more notice they get the better,  as they will have a better idea of how many buses  to organize. 

If on train watch how you book tickets.

Anytime return Inverness to Edinburgh £63.60. Inverness to Perth anytime return £33.30. Perth to Edinburgh cheap day return £16.90. Theres a saving to be had by splitting journey and checkingwhat ticket you buy.

• Agree 1

That's me all booked up re travel and accom. See you all in the Four in Hand then. Famous Five stand for the Famous ICT - sounds good. We have a real chance with this game so hopefully we will have a good support. :drinking05: