Here we go again ?

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

I believe that TB has made his position and ambition clear for the immediate future. I believe he is committed to fulfilling his ambition to take, for first time in his managerial career, a team into European competition. At the moment he is in a position to achieve that and to put himself into a much bigger window. I dont believe his motivation comes from money but from success. I do believe he will achieve his ambition for our club and move on from there.

Edited by Alex MacLeod

I am with Alex on this one ..... TB has pretty much issued his own "hands off" statement to other clubs for the remainder of this season.

His ambition for 12/13 is to get us into the top six for the first time ever (achievable), maybe even the top three (impressive), and if possible, second spot (remarkable). Whilst technically possible to even claim first spot, lets be realistic here and say that is just a pipedream ... but "best of the rest" and a spot in Europe would be a fantastic achievement most of us would accept with our arms wide open. If he can also take us to one or more cup finals that would be the cherry on top of an already sweet season.

If TB achieves most or all of that, he will be (even more of) a legend in Inverness, and could quite rightly claim he cant really take us any further .... The lure of European football might keep him at ICT beyond this season, but I am guessing a new challenge, at a higher level, may be of more interest to him.

I cant claim to know what motivates TB, but given that he could have jumped ship last week for bucketloads more cash then you have to question whether money is his main motivator. I would tend to agree that the quest for success seems higher up his list and loyalty also seems to come higher than money. He may also be somewhat reticent about jumping back into the wrong end of the tables in England given his previous experiences there ... Being a very astute man, he probably also knows that taking ICT to their best ever finish and possibly a place in European football will raise his stock in the UK, and look far better on his CV than a relegation battle he might ultimately lose in England, at a club where he might be made the scapegoat .... 

As much as I would be happy for him to stay at ICT for the rest of his career, I have no doubt in my own mind that he will leave ICT at some point in the not too distant future. There is only so much he can do at a small club with a limited budget and how would you top a season like this one ...... 

• Agree 1

Blackpool given permission to speak to Peter Houston.

Announced by Dundee Utd even though Blackpool didn't actually ask for permission to speak to him, according to the Blackpool Gazette. 

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/houston-not-in-running-for-pool-job-1-5314754

"Peter Houston will not be Blackpool’s next manager.

The Dundee United boss was installed as the bookmakers’ odds-on favourite to replace Michael Appleton yesterday, when his Scottish Premier League club revealed they had granted permission for Pool chairman Karl Oyston to speak to him.

However, The Gazette understands Houston is not on Pool’s wish-list and the Seasiders won’t be talking to the 54-year-old Scot.

He is one of many options to have been considered by the Seasiders as the club goes into tonight’s FA Cup replay against Fulham with caretaker Steve Thompson again at the helm.

Oyston will continue to go through a list of potential candidates today and has made enquiries about several managers, some currently in work and some not.

The confusion surrounding Houston appears to have arisen after Oyston spoke to Dundee United chairman Stephen Thomson on Sunday night.

Houston was discussed, though The Gazette understands no official approach was made and he is not being considered for the Bloomfield Road job."

Steve Thompson has made no secret of the fact that Houston is gone at the end of the season unless he takes a massive pay cut...sounds like this was an attempt to push him out the door!!!

Thompson is desperate to get rid of Houston and no wonder.£200,000 a year for that dullard!!

heard he has been offered a new contract of £80,000 a year plus bonuses and he's walking,mcinness or Harry Potter to take over.

ICT volleyed back an informal "tester" from Blackpool but I am reliably informed that TB is near the top of the "wish list" now. One rumour is that one suggestion will be for Steve Thompson to stay on as caretaker manager until the summer.

He will have to stay on until the summer,surely TB can't backtrack now :wink: