Cricket in Scotland

County1966

Why don't they move to the running track and let Inverness City use it as well.

Laying boards..............don't be pedantic mun.

That might actually have been an option had there been enough space in the infield to accommodate a track, which there isn't.

By the way I do trust that you're not trying to compare the extent of use of the Queens Park with NCCC's presence at the NMP. If you are you are trying to compare the principal users' well over 200 members hiring the track for 12 months a year and competitions for up to 500 people.... with ten men standing for hours on end watching one man getting two more men to do very little while the other nine men sit on their bums in the stand watching these 13..... and two men and a dog watch the whole lot.

Interesting comment Caley D also makes about the NMP's peppercorn rent - which again somewhat contrasts with the Queens Park.

Laying boards? Your suggestion I think, tm4tj.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

• 2 weeks later...

H eh up lad thah nose, if tha wanna talk - talk Lanky - all ha no - nobbut just

Translates as ( look here young man if you want to speak dialect , use my Lancashire vocabulary because that is all I know. nothing else)