ICT fans leaving aberdeen game early

Guest SneckieMan

Guest SneckieMan

Why do some caleyjags fans leave before the final whistle? was at the aberdeen game on saturday...brilliant game and result,  but was surprised to see dozens of fans leaving the north stand 10 minutes before the end. I can understand the gulls leaving early but not the home fans 

Why do some caleyjags fans leave before the final whistle? was at the aberdeen game on saturday...brilliant game and result,  but was surprised to see dozens of fans leaving the north stand 10 minutes before the end. I can understand the gulls leaving early but not the home fans 

Maybe their Rangers fans in disguise.

personally it doesn't bother me it's not something I would do but they pay their money and are entitled to leave . It is the same people you see all the time including some who sit in front of us . they have missed a fair few goals over the seasons for sure . even this season they missed the late goals for st Johnstone and hearts

Guest SneckieMan

I guess its up to them, but when your team winning and playing well there,s always a chance you could miss some action or a goal. When they watch games on sky in the pub, do they leave there before the final whistle??  I say, stay and support your team till the end

I can understand the elderly wanting to avoid the crush, but why not leave after the crush?  If I was in that position I would watch the end of the game, stay seated, rummage in my pockets for any Wherther's Original that had escaped me earlier and then get up and go when the exits were clear.

• Agree 3

afraid i was an offender. 4 of us left 5 mins early. was going out for a meal that evening with the wife and as i take 6 year old to games and he lives in deep county land i had to get off to a flyer to get him home and then get my self back to go out.

sorry if i am a disgrace, oh i dont pay for 90 minutes football i purchased 4 season tickets each year for the last 3 years, 3 the years before that, where i sit there are not many people around so dont think i spoil anyones view, dont think i miss much action as i have been at nearly every home game  since ict have been at tulloch stadium- holidays abroad  in november not counted , not a rangers fan, lastly i usually always wait for final whistle to applaud team off.

oh and i think i have been known to take "some excitement" in my time

think thats it covered.

Guest SneckieMan

i dont think being elderly has anything to do with it....the early departing fans that i saw were younger than my 50 odd years. why don,t all the fans stay and support the team till the end. with current attendances there is no danger of being trampled on with the rush at the final whistle.....but thats another discussion

Just the same as leaving the cinema before the credits finish, some folks like to stay til the end others want away.

Just as well they don't play the National Anthem at the end of games like they used to do at the end of a cinema show when I was a lad. That was GUARANTEED to empty the place well in advance! :lol:

However, if your team has had a memorable 3-0 home win over a local rival, I would have thought that this would have been a huge incentive for fans to stay to share the defining moment of the final whistle?

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Agree 1

Been happening for as long as I can remember....and most don't actually leave the ground until the final whistle, they just migrate to that lower corner ready for a sharp exit.

Another one of those things where I've very much of the opinion that if it's doing you no harm personally, then why get your knickers in a twist over it.

• Agree 1

I never leave the ground early but I am one of those people that start walking to the corner so I can get out quickly, my apologies if I spoil anyone's view. The reason I leave early is I start at 5:00 and live/work half an hour away.

This is also the reason I can't get to many away games except c#unty games.

So I am one of the few people that like early kick off's and midweek games as I can stay in my seat to the end.

I am reminded of a game at Blackburn I once saw. A man left early ( A Fireman I knew who was going on duty he had to be  on duty that night many miles away at 6pm).

As he went towards the exit, the crowd started chanting " Part time supporters ". The guy turned round and said  in a loud voice   " see you at Plymouth? ", Blackburn's next match, many hundreds of miles away and a night match to boot. The chanting stopped immediately. The point is nobody knows why people leave. Its a free country you know.

Edited by Laurence