John Sutton

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

Not sure how good or bad this is but on SPL transfer rumours Facebook page, a guy who has only become a new admin posted that both us and St Mirren are looking at signing John Sutton on loan or permanent deal.

I don't usually post things that come from Facebook or Football rumours.co.uk site but thought I'd let you guys ken what's been said, now, this geezer said that "he seen that above rumour on several sites".

Thoughts, true if bullshit, in your opinions and please don't get personal as I am only posting what I read on Facebook?

Edited by Mahonio

I think we do with Oswell gone.  Who replaces an injured McKay (or if he loses form)?  Foran doesn't seem to be a front player anymore.  Sutherland hasn't hit the heights when played.  We've no one else to slot into that position, except for playing Shinnie or Pepper out of position.

Id happily have him but im guessing he is on a decent wage at Hearts (thats if he has been paid any of it) and given that we are only going with the 1 striker atm i doubt he would settle for the bench. 

Roberts??

He's scored less than Gary Warren. I don't see double figures coming from him. In fact, I can't see him ever playing the lone striker role. He's just not built for that style. I'd sooner put Foran up.

Warren is only one of being joint top scorer if he was at Ross County  :lol: . He has been somewhat prolific for a centre back this season. 

I actually would say that Foran did fairly well when he was up top earlier in the season.  If McKay was to get injured or leave, I think Foran could fill that void.  Obviously he probably wouldn't be as prolific as McKay is just now, but I think he could certainly do a job.

Roberts??

He's scored less than Gary Warren. I don't see double figures coming from him. In fact, I can't see him ever playing the lone striker role. He's just not built for that style. I'd sooner put Foran up.

Yes, he scored less. But Gary Warren played 90 minutes in every match while Roberts had two or three starts and mostly came on as a sub 10 minutes from time. Count this and you'll see Roberts needed much less time for one goal than Warren.

• 3 weeks later...