supporters branch

hughesictfc

You can just go ahead and set up a "supporters club" without anyone else's input or permission, but I think you'd both have to consider what the purpose of your clubs would be, and what you'd want/expect from other people or organisations. 

CaleyJagsTogether is the main supporters' body. Depending on what you want to achieve, you might be better just joining them, and/or posting on this site find out if there are ICT fans in your area.

• Agree 1

So me and Luvgravy can setup the Toronto branch too :wink:

seriously though ... it was something I remember bringing up way back when I was on the committee of the Supporters Club many moons ago ... the idea of having 'affiliated' supporters clubs that were attached to the official supporters club and could feel like they had an identity within the supporters culture....

It didnt really fly back then, but given the low cost of individual CJT membership then maybe its something CJT should consider and potential members would embrace ...... 

There used to be a few of us in the Midlands. We had the occasional get together in a Birmingham and Leicester boozer but some of the members couldn't hack the pace of life down here and buggered off up North  :whistle:

There's no real benefit to having affiliated groups under the CJT umbrella. As we are a one member, one vote organisation, we also can't offer any enhanced membership categories.

That's not to say we don't want to hear from you, or that we wouldn't consider less formal affiliation...we'd definitely offer assistance and make other CJT members in the area of clubs aware etc...it's just not the same as it used to be with Supporters Clubs and the branch setup/network in the structure sense.

I'd personally love to see groups getting together, and CJT has members all over the country/world, so itFT wouldn't be impossible.

There's no real benefit to having affiliated groups under the CJT umbrella.

Other than perhaps feeling they can be a part of something, even 'loosely' .... I know they can easily get that simply by joining CJT and price is certainly no barrier, but as we have found over the years having an identity means something, especially when you do not live in Inverness ..... look at the "Internutters" or the Highland Marchers .....

• Agree 1

There's no real benefit to having affiliated groups under the CJT umbrella.

Other than perhaps feeling they can be a part of something, even 'loosely' .... I know they can easily get that simply by joining CJT and price is certainly no barrier, but as we have found over the years having an identity means something, especially when you do not live in Inverness ..... look at the "Internutters" or the Highland Marchers .....

Perhaps I didn't word it very well, but that's what I meant about a less formal affiliation.

My overall point was really that their was no "additional" benefit to a group being an affiliate/member over and above the individuals because all that really gets you is one extra (collective) vote....and you also need to be a constituted organisation or business.

We already have CLAN (Disabled Supporters Group).  They have their own committee and look after their own affairs...and we offer help and assistance when requested.  As individuals they are all members of CJT and that's the only pre-requisite for them being a member of CLAN.

In short...and before I start really over complicating things....it's a great idea and the current setup isn't a barrier to making something happen.

Think I may also have worded my response differently to what I meant ...  I should perhaps have said "legitimacy" instead of "identity" although both fit and are equally valid ....

Dont think anyone would really look for additional perks as such. As you say, the members are all individuals so whether they are a part of any club/group is irrelevant as everyone is a member of CJT and has the same benefits.

Whats in it for any "group"?

The legitimacy of being able to say their club/group was a "a member of CJT", "part of CJT", "affiliated to CJT" or whatever wording was appropriate in the eyes of CJT. A sense of identity and a feeling their group belongs to something bigger that is the #togetherNESS of being an ICT supporter ! 

Whats in it for CJT?

Potentially (a few) more members as the Scottish, UK, and worldwide diaspora may feel more connected to the club and obviously everyone in any supporters group aligned with CJT would have to be an individual member of the main body .....

Whats in it for ICT?

Financially, probably nothing, but maybe the opportunity to market the club as having organised supporters groups throughout the UK and worldwide.

please NO LOL u cant mention i cant even write it c####y in the same breath as tractor boys lol we both play in blue not y######w and g###n i will join the cjt and go on from there i think and maybe we cant sort something out with the midlands lads , 

• 1 year later...

Seeing how we all had a successful gathering last weekend and also had a fantastic support from out with Inverness.

I was wondering if a few fans had thought of getting together to form a supporters group from different regions,  It would look pretty cool seeing all the different flags on display at the games.

I think they would be surprised how many fans there are in their area and could perhaps organise transport to matches, or have a mini get together, give them selves a name and an identity and get yourself a flag.

For example the ICT Vikings from the North. ICT Aberdeen, Moray, Strathspey,  ICT Loch Ness and Im sure that ICT have a few extra admirers in the Invermorriston area from the generosity of a certain fan, ICT are all well supported in these areas,  Im sure there are plenty others too, even Chorley has a supporters club.

Lets make our 20th season a great one.

• Agree 2

Seeing how we all had a successful gathering last weekend and also had a fantastic support from out with Inverness.

I was wondering if a few fans had thought of getting together to form a supporters group from different regions,  It would look pretty cool seeing all the different flags on display at the games.

I think they would be surprised how many fans there are in their area and could perhaps organise transport to matches, or have a mini get together, give them selves a name and an identity and get yourself a flag.

For example the ICT Vikings from the North. ICT Aberdeen, Moray, Strathspey,  ICT Loch Ness and Im sure that ICT have a few extra admirers in the Invermorriston area from the generosity of a certain fan, ICT are all well supported in these areas,  Im sure there are plenty others too, even Chorley has a supporters club.

Lets make our 20th season a great one.

Even an ICT Tayside and Angus. We'd need a slogan though