Kilmarnock -V- ICT

Scotty

Contrary to IHE, I thought Nick Ross was excellent.  He, OTJ and for the most part the back four played well today.  Sadly, our forwards were quiet, though that might have been due to a lack of service.  Roberts looks dreadfully short on confidence, nothing was coming off for him at all.

IHE, didn't you chastice me a few weeks ago for suggesting to move G Shinnie into left midfield?!?

I thought that Nick had a good game but I felt that he could have been utilsed more effectively in a wider position with Foran in the middle and I thought that he was the ideal replacement for the A.Shinnie role. Putting Roberts in to that was a big tactical error. Roberts has lost confidence and he simply doesnt play fer the shirt. Oddquine does have a point when we cram our bench full of loanees and the likes of Pepper, Sutherland and co. are warming a stand seat - whilst GM is roving round Borough Briggs.

The more that I see G.Shinnie the more the thought of midfield grabs me - especially if we have cover fer the left back position. Graeme is becoming more and more of an attacking force and is clearly the dead ball taker all over the park. But I could not believe my eyes when he was put wide right - albeit briefly - in the second half.

I note that TB bemoaned the loss of Foran and Shinnie and appeared to suggest is that is where/when we lost the game. Significant losses but we did have the cover. He then says that we tried out several formations - and that confuses me. I continue to see a Plan A only. The system stays the same but he swops the personnel hoping that they fit in. At Killie he put the wrong players in the wrong positions and a wee bit of "favouritism" and the dogged, stubborn "loyalty" is seeping in again.

• Agree 1